Sponsored

Who needs a minivan!

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
All these cute pictures of kids are almost enough to make me consider regretting never getting married or having kids.

Not quite, but almost.
Sponsored

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
Saw a new Mustang parked in front of our daycare last week. Owner came out 5 minutes later with his baby in an infant carrier, moved the passenger seat forward, dropped the carrier into the base in the back seat and drove off.

Last edited:
OP
OP

stangdan26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
This is the best thread ever! I convinced my wife a few weeks ago that it would be ok to get a mustang and it would work out fine for the few trips on the weekends I need to get the kids in the back while she is out with the SUV. Looks like a good start, but I would like to see this hit front page so let's keep the pics of the kids in the back going! :clap2:

Just think you might be helping out some poor guy on the internet trying to get into a mustang, but having to make his case!:hail:

-I'm still trying to get my mustang delivered, but I'll have pics up as soon as I can!

Jeeden - great idea!! Everyone should post their pics.

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
Best thing about my sister and my brother in law moving in with me while they are transitioning to a new job is my niece and nephew. They are 8 and 5 and they always ask to ride in "Uncle's Stang" . My niece yells. "I wanna go fast". My brother and I both have Mustangs and now they play the Mustang game while riding in the back seat.

My dad was always talking about Mustangs while I was growing up, but never had one. He owned 6 of them prior to me being born, but told me a story a couple weeks ago that surprised me. Apparently he drove my Mom to the hospital to birth me in a 68 white coupe. Mustangs since birth!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Plan on getting a GT350 rather than a C7 due to the rear seats. I have a 6 and 7 year old. I think I have several years left where they will fit and I can take them around in my fun car.

-T

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I always have had Mustangs - and I have 3 children. The oldest is now 18 and the youngest is now 11. My son (in the middle) is 16. It's a tight fit if 4 people want to ride in the car since they're all grown, but we've always had a second car if we all need to go some place. If all 5 of us want to go somewhere, we just take my wife's Explorer.

It's definitely doable, and without too much pain. I would take a road trip with 4 of the 5 of us in the car, though!

peetucket

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible | Guard | Manual
At the dealer proving both kids would fit in the convertible ... our kids are 5.5 and 1.5. Our GT convertible is now on order...

The lack of roof makes for an easier experience getting in, even easier than the Prius. I can see the ad already: "It's the practical family car, dear..."
2015-02-14 16.13.22.jpg
2015-02-14 16.15.26.jpg

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Awesome.

Don't forget the five star safety rating on the Mustang.

"Sure we can put the kids in the Prius dear, if you want them to be in a four star safety rating death trap, but your right, the environment is worth our children's lives"

mustangs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I have 4 kids with one on the way. And I still plan on getting a Mustang. You know the best argument I had to my wife was this: I said, look at all our friends who have 4+ kids, in how many of those families does the husband drive a vehicle that can fit the entire family. NONE. Off the top of my head - 1 has a Mini Cooper, 1 a BMW 3 series, one a VW bus, etc etc.

Her minivan is for family hauling, the Mustang is for ME.

Also the added benefit of my kids wanting me to get one. My 5yr old calls it a "musteen". Love how she says it, makes me laugh. She wants me to get a red one with gold wheels...not sure if that's going to happen.

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Fantastic!
Right before I ordered the car I took my wife and four year old daughter to the dealer to have them sit in the car that daddy's been talking about. My daughter jumps in the drivers seat, puts one hand on the shifter and the other on the wheel and says very loudly, "VROOOM! <space for a shift> VROOM!". We've gone to look at sporty BMWs and Audis and my daughter has never done this until this very moment.
I stood up, made eye contact with my wife on the other side of the car and she asks, "So this is the one?"
Should be here next week... can't wait!

I do have to figure out what booster seat to get for this thing. I'm thinking a Graco turbo booster so I can stick it in my signature as a mod. Thoughts?

Sponsored

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
We have all graco stuff but that aside I can HIGHLY recommend the turbo booster. Sometimes on sale at target but usually just get from amazon

LB coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang 5.0/ 2003 svt lightning
Nice!!! I told my wife we need a family car so I went and bought a 2015 mustang lol. This car is perfect if you only have one or two kids. Plus with all that space in the trunk we could even go to costco and fit everything with no problem.

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
"You can't drive a mustang with kids" they said! Well, five mustangs and two kids later I've never been in a situation where I regretted having a stang as my DD. Nothing brings a smile to my kids faces like a row through three with the windows down, must be in their blood ;). Cheers to all the dads out there doing the same.

06ef6699bcd52a8dc1de239687687adc.jpg
I've had four Mustangs in a row, including double baby seats in 1992 GT. Up until my 2007 GT convertible all of them were daily drivers winter and summer through New England winters. Now my son has the bug too - just came back from his first track day at New England Dragway in Epping, NH.

You're raising them right in my opinion!