Sponsored

Who needs a minivan!

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
I have 2 of the older versions that I used in my mazdaspeed3 I wouldn't recommend them in the mustang because they are huge. we are currently using them in my wifes volvo xc60 and I'm using her volvo boosters when I get home I'll try them out and post some pics to show you what I mean
Sponsored

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
One thing I would recommend with any of the booster car seats (including the turbo booster I recommended above) is to get a seatbelt extender from amazon. My kids couldn't buckle themselves with the shoulder belt (in any car) because the receivers these days are rigid in the seat and they can't reach them while sitting in the booster and get the angle right. The extenders left in the receiver side make it easier to reach and buckle themselves in.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
My GT might be with me by Christmas 2015 or by Spring 2016. Who knows, it's because I'm in the UK.

Little concerned about getting my lot in as my 12 year old boy is already 5ft 6ins, my older daughter is a similar height and I have a younger son that's fast catching up.

I sat in a S550 and put the driver's seat in a position comfortable for me at a tad under 6ft. I then got in the back and found there was room for my legs but no room for my head, gulp!

Looks like I'll have to keep my old Beemer for longer trips and holidays.

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
the recaros were great when the kids were smaller but in booster mode for larger kids they are just way too bulky so much so that even my wife complains about them in her xc60.

notice that in 14 months between my children they changed the design of the seat

Last edited:

Sponsored

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Love this thread, I had the recaro seat in my 2012 GT. Looked and worked great, but was a bit bulky and hard to move from car to car. The recaro was a tighter fit in the 2015, so now I use a Grayco, backless booster as my son is over the 40pd threshold recently. He loves the mustang, and is not above crying to ride in it!

You can definitely carry kids in the mustang without too much trouble. Fortunately, my wife has short legs so the passenger seat can move up enough to be out of reach of my son's swinging feet. Would be tight with a taller person in the passenger seat though.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I concur! Best feeling is putting your 2 year old in the car, and he asks you to adjust the mirror so he can see you. Then he asks to go fast off of every stop light!

What do you do to prevent the base of the car seat from making an indentation mark on your leather? I use a yoga mat so it wouldnt leave a mark. Im wondering if there is a specialized mat just for it.

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
What do you do to prevent the base of the car seat from making an indentation mark on your leather? I use a yoga mat so it wouldnt leave a mark. Im wondering if there is a specialized mat just for it.

I put down a twin bed sheet folded in half first. I have a slit cut for the belt to go through. Then under the seat bottom, I have a big thick terry cloth towel to pad it. I also bought a seat with a rounded molded bottom. No sharp edges. Works perfectly.

Jeeden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Yup for all of our cars we use some cheap bath towels from target. They protect the seats from the pressure, spills, and we usually need them to bolster the angle on the rear facing seats etc.

They sell official rubber mats for this purpose but the towels are cheaper and allow better compression for getting the seat tight.

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for the tips, guys. I will try that. Probably better than using a yoga mat so when my little lady decides to spill something it can actually absorb it.

Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
My little guy Alex in his Recaro Car Seat.
image.jpg

Navyxrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have 4 kids with one on the way. And I still plan on getting a Mustang. You know the best argument I had to my wife was this: I said, look at all our friends who have 4+ kids, in how many of those families does the husband drive a vehicle that can fit the entire family. NONE. Off the top of my head - 1 has a Mini Cooper, 1 a BMW 3 series, one a VW bus, etc etc.

Her minivan is for family hauling, the Mustang is for ME.

Also the added benefit of my kids wanting me to get one. My 5yr old calls it a "musteen". Love how she says it, makes me laugh. She wants me to get a red one with gold wheels...not sure if that's going to happen.
Hells yeah, that's the truth. Speak it, brother!! As a father of 6, ranging from 2 to 18, I agree totally. Have a family mobile that most, if not all, can fit into and then have your car. If you can swing it, get the car you want and enjoy the ride. Of course, I'm dealing with the questions from my 17 and 18 yr old boys about when they can drive it. Too bad they can drive a stick yet ;).

Chris95GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

Last edited:

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
My son is 11 now but I never had any issues with him in a car seat in my s197. He's probably more anxious waiting on the 15 to arrive than I am.
Sponsored