Who here has gotten COVID

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
Last Sunday I was getting my tools ready to put my Whipple gen 4 upgrade on and started to feel bad. So later on in the day I went to get tested. After waiting four hours to be seen I found out I tested positive.
That night every symptom hit me all at once. I felt like I was dying. A week later I still have heaviness in my chest with no taste or smell. It’s just scary to think in the back of your mind am I going to make it through this. Who else here has gone through this?
Sponsored

SloRyd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Last Sunday I was getting my tools ready to put my Whipple gen 4 upgrade on and started to feel bad. So later on in the day I went to get tested. After waiting four hours to be seen I found out I tested positive.
That night every symptom hit me all at once. I felt like I was dying. A week later I still have heaviness in my chest with no taste or smell. It’s just scary to think in the back of your mind am I going to make it through this. Who else here has gone through this?
Be safe brother! I personally have not gotten it. However I have had some very close people to me get it. It’s a roller coaster, you will feel amazing one day and the next will be the worst one so far.
You probably have at LEAST another week before you can get off this ride, but you will be ok.
Just don’t mess around, if you truly have a hard time breathing or feel like you are getting worst go to the hospital.
Good luck brother! Please keep us posted.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
I did last January when I came back from Japan. My brother had it now. It's no flu, much worse. Take care.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
After waiting four hours to be seen I found out I tested positive.
That night every symptom hit me all at once. I felt like I was dying. A week later I still have heaviness in my chest
so they sent you home to "eat chicken soup and sleep so the virus can multiply unopposed" or did they hit you with HCQ or Ivermectin to stop it cold? At least you're in the greater than 99.8% survival cohort...

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will keep y’all posted. Correct on this is no flu. It’s like 10 times that.I just have to keep up with the meds.

Sponsored

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so they sent you home to "eat chicken soup and sleep so the virus can multiply unopposed" or did they hit you with HCQ or Ivermectin to stop it cold? At least you're in the greater than 99.8% survival cohort...
They sent me home and said take Tylenol and drink liquids.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I had in back in sept, for me wasn’t bad. Felt like a cold for 2-3 days and that was the extent of it. Everyone in the house got it. Everyone had different symptoms.

OP
OP

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had in back in sept, for me wasn’t bad. Felt like a cold for 2-3 days and that was the extent of it. Everyone in the house got it. Everyone had different symptoms.
My brother tested positive same time and his symptoms are just a mild sore throat. It’s crazy how everyone gets different symptoms.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
They sent me home and said take Tylenol and drink liquids.
right, they sent you to hope and possibly 'die' rather than you give you the PROVEN medical solution. Or maybe you just had the flu. Do you know the CT value of your so-called "positive" test?

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about that... A few years back, I felt bad for over a week, so I went to my doctor and he said that I had some sort of flu. Another week passed and I still felt bad and went back to the doctor. He ordered a blood test and the results said that I had mononucleosis. It lasted about a month, with what I think are similar symptoms of covid-19: fever, feeling run-down or no energy, food had no taste or if it did, the food tasted like vitalis hair tonic... (some of us older guys remember that one!) I don't remember having a hard time breathing, although I had to force myself to eat and drink fluids because of the bad tastes. Hang in there, all of you who have this virus, We're all praying and pulling for you.

Sponsored

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I know several people that have had it but fortunately I haven’t had my turn. A couple have lost (much)older parents. I could spew all sorts of data at you but lots of vitamin C and lots of D seems to be a safe easy helping hand in recovery. Also stay away from caffeine and get some sunlight if the weather permits.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will keep y’all posted. Correct on this is no flu. It’s like 10 times that.I just have to keep up with the meds.
Keep moving as well. Even just walking around your house is important, to keep your lungs engaged and your body to keep getting real stiff.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know several people that have had it but fortunately I haven’t had my turn. A couple have lost (much)older parents. I could spew all sorts of data at you but lots of vitamin C and lots of D seems to be a safe easy helping hand in recovery. Also stay away from caffeine and get some sunlight if the weather permits.
[/QUOTE
Good advice..Emergen-c and VitaminD and Zinc.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Back in November I had what I thought was a minor chest cold, basically a minor cough and that was about it. On the 17th I got word that guys I worked closely with had to quarantine, so on the 18th I found a local clinic that does rapid testing and went and got tested. 10 minutes later and I had the result, positive. They gave me an antibiotic and sent me on my way. At about the same time my 73 year old uncle was feeling about the same. He went to the VA to get a flu shot, well he then got progressively worse and went in the hospital on December 1st, he never came home. We put him in the ground this past Wednesday the 30th. He actually passed on the 23rd, which was also his 54th wedding anniversary. When he went in the hospital, he could hardly breathe so they put him on a ventilator right away, eventually he developed pneumonia and then became septic. Then his organs began to shut down. The official cause was cardiac arrest, but it was brought on because of covid.

And I know some may think I gave it him, but I had not seen or talked to him since mid September.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I had a friend who tested positive. He lost his sense of smell and that's about it. He's fine now, and so is his daughter and family.
All others that I know of who tested positive were just sent home to quarantine. Nothing else hospitals can do really, there are people with respiratory problems who are in worse shape.
Hope you feel better...

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.