Who on here is retired?

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would have retired permanently at 67, but every time I retired I was offered a contract that let me work from home 90% of the time, doing something I really enjoyed doing. This went on for another 11 years. Even though I'm pushing 80, if another contract came up like those, I'd take it.

I get a kick out of creating web service providers on a mainframe and demonstrating how they can't be hacked. I even give "would be" hackers an ID and password to use and they don't last 5 minutes before they give up.
Sponsored

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
I retired at 65 in March 2021 and never looked back. Was blessed to have an amazing, fulfilling career in laboratory science, the last 20 in cancer research. But when it was time....it was time. Started developing a serious plan at 60 and am grateful I was able to retire on schedule on my terms despite covid's best efforts to derail them. Diving much deeper into my hobbies was a big part of the plan and cars were at the top of the list along with music. My wife and I are also concentrating on those bucket list trips that involve moderate to strenuous activity while we can still do it. Really enjoying the ride, have no plans at all to go back to work but if the right opportunity dropped in my lap would definitely consider it.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Earlier in my retirement years, like about 67, I worked part-time in a hobby shop. The pay wasn't great, but along with the discount, it supported my RC hobby and let me meet and talk to a lot folks with similar interests. Sadly, that hobby shop and most others are long gone.

SrBio

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
18 F150, 18 Mustang GT, 02 F250, 97 Mustang, 78 Malibu drag car
I’ll be 57 in three days and one year to go before I sign the papers. As a wildlife biologist this is not historically the pattern. We have normally stayed to the last possible moment with all having a passion for our career. Politics has creeped up on us and now everyone in my age range is counting the minutes. Oh well, it’s back to full time ranch life for me and freedom to openly express my contempt for all things political. Lots of pending hotrod projects need my full attention.
Sponsored