Sponsored

Who has cut the cord (cable)?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
you can get nearly anything you want on a Torrent
And a lot of things you don't want... like a virus or spyware.

15 years ago you could torrent on a dedicated computer (same network) or in a virtual machine... as it stands today, I'd not even trust that.
Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
I'll cut once they allow me to sub only for internet - currently it's a bundle...

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE

15 years ago you could torrent on a dedicated computer (same network) or in a virtual machine... as it stands today, I'd not even trust that.
it's not Limewire, and if you're not running a good protection suite, anyway, you're just plain dumb.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP

Newsgroups. Clean, fast, and you're not sharing/uploading the file.

Even with torrents if you create filters to only get reliable scene releases you're still good to go. Even better if you can get a private torrent site.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
it's not Limewire, and if you're not running a good protection suite, anyway, you're just plain dumb.
Each his/her own. I deal in IT security... a "good protection suite" is not worth a crap with what is out there.

That protection is like the police, lets you know after the fact... and most of the time it is late as hell. :lol:

WTH... we still have IT "experts" who still connect to Starbucks or hotel wifi.

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Newsgroups. Clean, fast, and you're not sharing/uploading the file.

Even with torrents if you create filters to only get reliable scene releases you're still good to go. Even better if you can get a private torrent site.
I hear you... download on... download on...

I simply buy what I need or do without. I don't judge.

But I do worry... nothing is ever really free in this world. :D

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I finally cut the cable a few months ago... I am perfectly happy with broadcast Television. I also added an Nvidia shield set top box for internet tv.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
haha, it's awesome to see all the people using XBMC still, I miss my old hacked xbox and doing some dev on it, still works... Also, I didn't see it posted, but if it hasn't check "plex" out as well.

Comporange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium in Competition Orange
I cut the cord when I moved to my new home. My only cable options were >100 and satellite is a non-starter with the local weather.
Look into Sling if you need live versions of certain channels (it doesn't work well as a DVR or on-demand substitute if you're addicted to that)
Internet, Netflix, and HBO has me set for under $80/mo total, and the antenna gets me a dozen local channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

bscn8c

Certified BADASS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I'm in the same boat as many of you. Cut out cable just a few months ago. Now I just have internet. I use Amazon Prime for movies/tv shows and just learning how to use Kodi for everything else. Plus I have an MLB TV subscription.

Saves me over $100 a month. Don't miss it one bit.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
haha, it's awesome to see all the people using XBMC still, I miss my old hacked xbox and doing some dev on it, still works... Also, I didn't see it posted, but if it hasn't check "plex" out as well.
Yep. They are actually just releasing v17 and for the fist time since 2009 have a new default skin. No more Confluence. (Though I've been partial to Neon since that was my creation. ;) )

Plex has shifted more towards streaming; though I haven't checked it out in a couple years.

Rob@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
it like it's stolen
I pulled back on everything except my local stations and internet and now own a Stream Box. I get everything including PPV for a one time fee and even added more boxes for the other rooms in my house. I have to say I'm saving a lot from this.
Sponsored