20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
How did you power the amp? In other words, what and where did you connect the + power?
Sponsored

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You need to run a positive from the battery to the amp. You can ground to the frame in the trunk to the spare tire mount. For remote-on positive, I used a wire feeding into the factory amp that I removed.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've powered mine thru the battery as well and did the same as you grounding, What I have found is that when tweaking the set up in my home garage with the engine running=no problem. However, when it is too cold out, the engine is shut off and the garage door is shut. I need to remind myself, then post up here, where I connected the remote on wire. Hmmm, do you remember what the color code is on your amp remote on?

Those amps of mine power 2 bass shakers, 1 under each seat, the other amp powers a sub.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Thats looks nice 20ducks. What does the rest of the trunk look like? Do you leave that exposed like that or can it be covered?

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
There is a +12v switched wire in the trunk lighting bundle I believe. I don’t know which wire it is but it’s been posted in this subforum many times.

I ran 1/0 OFC wire from the battery, through the fender well, and into the cabin and then tucked it under the passenger door sill. I used the stock subwoofer mount bolt hole for my ground but as stated many use the spare tire mount location.

Here’s my setup. Have not yet fabricated the trim panels to close everything up.
IMG_9825.jpeg

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thats looks nice 20ducks. What does the rest of the trunk look like? Do you leave that exposed like that or can it be covered?
The rear top panel stays as is. The edge of it looks crooked in the photo. There is a plexiglass piece (vented) that covers the amps. I used half of a "GT" rug to cover the plex when transporting luggage or shopping bags. Has worked well so far.

btw, this installation is in a convertible.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Damn both of your setups look sweet. I cant wait to get mine going. Hopefully this year...

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
It’s made by Steve Mead Designs and as stated Sonic Electronics also sells it.
I see what it is now that I can get a closer look at it- that’s really pretty cool. It’s pretty fast to update?

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
Wanting a little more bass, I went a simpler route. One Skar 8" sub in a Skar box, powered by a Skar amp. The amp is direct wired from the battery (fused) and the amp turns on with the "Remote On" via 12v supplied by an Audio Controls LC2i converter. When the LC2i converter sees speaker level power come to the rear speakers, it converts the speaker level to pre-amp level for the amp, and sends 12v to the amp to turn it on. So, the 12v main power is the only wire that had to be routed to the back. Because it's not a real high power system, I did a rear seat delete that's just formed carpet.
Skar.jpg

r_seat.jpg
Sponsored