Sponsored

Whiteline KDT933 Diff Bushings Discontinued

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
Sorry to plug up the site with a whiny thread, but I called Whiteline USA today and found out the KDT933 has been discontinued. I was getting ready to drop off my car for some suspension work that would require dropping the rear subframe when I realized the diff bushings didn't ship with the rest of my kits. Called Whiteline and they told me the bushing kit was discontinued. Kindly refunded my money, but now I need to find a replacement.
A few on here indicated in the past that they had 933 kits they weren't going to use. Any still available? PM me.
If none available, who makes an alternative kit with the least NVH? I'm not a drag racer; just want to tighten up the driveline.
Sponsored

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Why not just get the differential bushing inserts instead of replacing the whole bushing? If you don't push a whole bunch of power, I don't see a need to replace the whole bushing, which is fairly labor intensive. I am using Steeda's differential inserts and have 0 noticeable NVH increase.

OP
OP
Radiation Joe

Radiation Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost PP Manual Recaro
I'm pulling the subframe to install Whiteline KDT953 bushings and the BMR 055 rear control arm bearings. I figured it wasn't much more effort to replace the diff bushings at the same time. I like the idea of replacing the oem bushings vs adding a reinforcement.

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

blind*guardian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I figured it wasn't much more effort to replace the diff bushings at the same time. I like the idea of replacing the oem bushings vs adding a reinforcement.
Is there a problem that you think replacing the bushings would solve that reinforcing the bushings wouldn't?

Norm

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Setting aside the NVH issues that I know you are already aware of, replacing the bushings entirely is a one way street you should carefully consider going down and it is kind of a labor intensive process if someone else is doing the work. Unless youā€™re putting down big straight line power, there isnā€™t a big need to do this sort of mod.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I recently attempted to purchase Whitelineā€™s insert kit which is also discontinued. I bought the BMR inserts and they transmit far more noise than I anticipated. Iā€™ve heard the Steeda ones add less NVH so I purchased them and will be installing them in the coming weeks. The Steeda ones are thicker but upon inspecting them, I can bend them slightly by hand. The BMR ones? Not a chance.

An added plus to Steeda was that in the current times weā€™re in, their shipping was still super fast. Ordered them Wednesday evening before bed and they arrived at 2pm on Friday :rockon:

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I couldn't handle the bmr insert nvh. But did use the insert to make a mold from plaster and poured my own poly that was softer. At 80 shore right now.

Was hoping to use the whiteline ones but kept getting same response. Would let you order but refunded few days later

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the BMR/Steeda diff 'puck' system are quite noisy. The Whiteline are nice and soft and very quiet.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I just tried to buy a set from an ebay vendor and was told they're not entirely discontinued, but rather on hold due to a problem.

Called Whiteline and they said the same thing, understandably they wouldn't elaborate where but were happy for me to post this on here.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I am using Steeda's differential inserts and have 0 noticeable NVH increase.
I disagree. I hear my diff gears whine all the time. Does it bother me? Now that I know nothing is broken/breaking, no. But I wouldn't qualify it as zero.

On a scale of 0 (no added noise) to 10 (I can't hear my radio on full blast), I'd rate them a 3. Its noticeable at low speed only but minor when you do notice it.
Sponsored