Whipple stage 2

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I have a 2021 mach 1 and thinking of getting the whipple,but I do 1-2 days a year doing HPDE days with skip barber nothing crazy. Do u guys think u could take it out on track with it supercharger.
ps: ill probably lower psi a little with a 4” pulley & maybe Sunoco 260gt 100 octane or something?
Sponsored

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
A whipple would be great for this. The awesome part to the new Gen 5s is they are much easier to control on the track. I actually learned things about the RPM range I was not aware of with the power band on gearing and tires used. It is a lot linear then smaller PD setups which will feel like an on/off switch.

I'm running this stage 2 kit on mine with a 3.75 pulley and it's making just over 700 on 93. I always add a good octane booster or 100+ octane if I take her out for some high rpm driving. But the whipple kit will be awesome to enjoy at the track. I personal would go with. I will add links as well.

Stage 2 3.0L tuner kit w/ 3.85" pulley
IAT upgrade
132mm TB
Oversize Heat X (the fans would be better if you tracked it more often)
Thermostat
Whipple Superchargers WK-2625T-STG2-30 3.0L Supercharger Stage 2 Competition / Tuner Kit (2018+ Mustang GT)

95lb injectors (1000cc)
DeatschWerks 17U-04-0095-8 95lb Flow Matched Fuel Injectors (Set of 8)

DW Fuel Pump
Deatschwerks 9-403-1047 2015-2022 Ford Mustang (V6 and GT w/Venturi outlet) DW400 Series 415lph In-Tank Fuel Pump with Install Kit

Plugs:
Denso ITV-24 Iridium Spark Plugs (Set of 8)

Custom Tune
https://www.lethalperformance.com/s...-mustang-v8-gt/2021-mustang-gt/custom-tunes-2
I personally run Lund Racing on my Saleen and it has never given me an issue for over 10k miles. Palm beach would be another great option. You will though need a device like the RTD with 4 credits.

I would also add headers so the system can flow without any real restrictions. These are what I could recommend. Because of emissions reasons and tuners not messing with it. The GREEN cats from kooks would allow the boost and not affect the power like normal cats would. They will last much longer.
Kooks 1-3/4" SS Headers & GREEN Catted Connection Kit. 2015-2020 Mustang GT 5.0L. - 1151H231

Some awesome sales going on right now too with this so don't miss out!

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Was going to order the stage 2,larger dual pass HE.I’m just like to take a few times a years on the road course. 20 minute sessions.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Was going to order the stage 2,larger dual pass HE.I’m just like to take a few times a years on the road course. 20 minute sessions.
Heat management will be your main problem. Mach1 is better than a GT in that regard, but I would advise to prepare for quite a bit of custom work and upgrades to make it work safely and reliably.
If you plan to do HPDE, honestly leave it NA.

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I thought it be too much.I have a 03 cobra with a kenne bell blower and I took that car to HPDE years ago.. add a larger HE, bigger radiator,brembo coil over and drop boost down to 11 psi on a 4” pulley.It now a drag set with a solid axle. But now, with all the tracks, closing drag races done

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I still have my IRS with 3.73 & a true track diff with all the full tilt buggie race stuff.Maybe just set cobra up for track day & HPDE

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Maybe my previous message was a bit too much and I need to dial it back. Look, it's all possible and GT500 is the living proof of that. Mach1 is a great starting platform if you decide to go down that modding route. Just saying that you need to be ready to do it. And it would be a total beast car :devil:.

I absolutely love my supercharged GT and enjoy all the work I do to make it work reliably in hpde. I could swap it for something like stock mach1 anytime, but no, there is no other car that can give so much fun across the board for what it costs.

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
That’s ok.I was just seeing if anyone has done it.The Mach one came to be because I was look at getting A PP2.I almost got a Camaro ZL1 1LE 6sp a few months after Covid hit.it was 76k but after discounts and rebates it was 63k & 0 % for 84month and no payments for 120 day but didn’t want to spend that much. In hindsight, I should’ve of purchased it back then

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
If we had E85 here in NJ I would get a set of headers w/ cats & ditch the resonator, get a tune.that might help a lot with the lack of low end performance on the street. It’s just so appealing to throw boost on it and be done with it. If you do a full exhaust with headers and new cat back u be 5k.nuts

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Doing a very similar setup to the one Lethal suggested. Install is tentative for next week. Sad part is in Jersey I wont get to drive it too much until spring (not my daily)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
So u already got whipple ?how long to the take to get ?

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So u already got whipple ?how long to the take to get ?
Lol, I order the car in Feb and the Whipple a couple weeks after. Got the Whipple and Kooks in May'ish (cant remember exactly) and the car late last month. I believe some of the forum vendors have Whipples on hand.

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I always do my HPDE day in April then again in Oct.this year in Oct it was 32* the morning of the trackday heading to track.got up to 58*.the Mach 1 ran like a beast. Just a little sketchy on the first session in the morning with the Michelin cup 2, but after a few labs got a lot better. Then the rest of the day is Mach 1 just ripped . I never do track days in the summer.

OP
OP
Scat2018

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
with lethal black Friday special 15% off whipple u just can’t pass that up.just having truly decided on stage 1 or 2. With the black Friday special make me move to stage 2.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
where abouts do you do this? I want to get mine out for "real" driving this spring.

I drove it for like 20 minutes yesterday just because it was warm enough out. With only 138 miles on t so far I havent taken it above 5k RPM. The low end is just not enough for me, and the upper range is yet to be tested but coming from a Roush, I miss the instant hit when you wanna go.
Sponsored