Whipple gen 5 Stage 1 install completed

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Can’t wait. Started my stage 2 install today at a buddies shop. I cerakoted my life though since I had extra paint needing to be used. Congrats man!!

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Make sure you are topping off the inter cooler reservoir for the next 7 to 10 days.

Distilled water or 50/50 premix coolant.

ONLY first think in the morning after its been sitting over night

Other wise you will be down 50-100hp and could damage the motor.
View attachment 487133
whipple intercooler low.jpg

View attachment 487138
Screenshot (8).png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
yep, takes a while to fill all the nooks and crannies. What a wonderful kit from Whipple. A blast to install and drive. Wonderful tune from Whipple. I am on the fence on my '18 A10. I love the kit, but am concerned about shifting, etc.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yep, takes a while to fill all the nooks and crannies. What a wonderful kit from Whipple. A blast to install and drive. Wonderful tune from Whipple. I am on the fence on my '18 A10. I love the kit, but am concerned about shifting, etc.
If you have an updated to the latest Whipple tune you should

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure you are topping off the inter cooler reservoir for the next 7 to 10 days.

Distilled water or 50/50 premix coolant.

ONLY first think in the morning after its been sitting over night

Other wise you will be down 50-100hp and could damage the motor.
View attachment 487133
whipple intercooler low.jpg

View attachment 487138
Screenshot (8).png
YES!

I made the tech top it off before I left and ever time I touch the car I am adding distilled water. Lots of bubbles!

Sponsored

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YES!

I made the tech top it off before I left and ever time I touch the car I am adding distilled water. Lots of bubbles!
that’s awesome that you’re educated on this it seems like every single time somebody gets a new Whipple installed and then complains about the lack of power you have to ask them is your inter cooler system completely full...

I think it’s great that the intercooler pump will break up those air pockets but it would still be better if there was some kind of a plug on the top of the reservoir where you could bleed out the excess air.

You actually have two places that the air gets trapped one is in the reservoir tank and the other is in the inter cooler itself

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
I agree about needing the bleeder higher up. I also have the gigantic upgraded HE so even more places to have air pockets. My '07 Whipple was easier to bleed. I'll get it sorted out. :)

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
I just installed mine two weeks ago and have the larger LTR. While the front bumper cover was removed, I burped the system squeezing all of the hoses with the ignition on, so the coolant pump was running. I got the most air bubbles from the lower hose on the LTR. I got quite a bit of air out of the system using this method.

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
Took the wife out for a ride tonight and she was impressed (and scared!). I had and epiphany on this drive... I had BMR-CB005H & BMR-CB762H kits installed and realized that the tires were spinning (a lot) but the car tracked straight and smooth! I had never experienced that before! I am thrilled with how the car is working and I am pretty sure I have all the air out of the intercooler system.

OP
OP

wht67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
gone
Vehicle Showcase
Just got some news that has pissed me off. Whipple and Charter Warranty Services no longer support a powertrain warranty. Whipple said it went into affect 30 to 40 days ago, right about the time I ordered the kit. The warranty PDF file is still on the Whipple web site as of today... I would have went with Edelbrock if I had known this! Or just started with the stage 2. Very unhappy...
upload_2020-7-14_11-34-13.png
Sponsored