Sponsored

Which supercharger to get?

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Where are you guys and is it free install on any of the blower kits?
the free install is a whipple special were running right now
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Ah! no can do now, I was more eyeballing the have been available for the whipple and VMP kits. Is 10% roughly the highest or was 15% discount offered during Christmas? Dont remember.

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
Ah! no can do now, I was more eyeballing the have been available for the whipple and VMP kits. Is 10% roughly the highest or was 15% discount offered during Christmas? Dont remember.
A free install is more like a 20% thing. When I was looking for installer, 1500 was the cheapest price I can get, and there were higher. However, I would never pay more than that for an install. So what Beefcake is offering seems to be by far the highest discount I have seen. Well, if you get a good deal on the Whipple it would be the best bargain.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Any system purchased through us we charge a flat 500 for install which includes a before and after dyno run to ensure all things are running right.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Any system purchased through us we charge a flat 500 for install which includes a before and after dyno run to ensure all things are running right.
Now that is a sweet deal. A before and after dyno gives ya a piece if mind that you got what you paid for. Or if numbers do not add up you know that there might be a problem with install or S/C itself.

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Now that is a sweet deal. A before and after dyno gives ya a piece if mind that you got what you paid for. Or if numbers do not add up you know that there might be a problem with install or S/C itself.

Its a lot of money to throw at a car, we just want to make sure its safe and the customer is happy:) Always good to leave with a dyno graph knowing what your car makes too.

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I am considering either a whipple stage 2 or Roush stage 2.
I would like to hear from anyone that has either good and bad.
Which one is easier to install? The whipple to me looks more involved to install.
I am planning on sticking with the tunes that they provide
My personal favorite is the VMP KIT... I like the stock look.. It makes great power and TVS style blowers are put on factory cars because of reliability.. If I was you. I would go with a VMP kit with a tune from VMP, Lund, or Palm Beach Dyno.. The only reason I run a Roush blower instead of a VMP system is because I bought it used.. Mine is actually off a 2015 Shelby 627 car. I upgraded several VMP parts to get my system to what it is.. Currently through the auto I am making 640rwhp/598rwtq.. TVS blowers make great torque! Here is a comparison of the VMP BLOWER AND THE WHIPPLE BLOWER. Remember, this is just my opinion.. The Whipple blower is a easier install with no grinding on your motor.. That makes it a little easier to install. The VMP KIT is 707.00 cheaper from what I looked up..Unless you add a VMP Twin 67mm TB which makes the difference 200.00. You can't go wrong with either. I see great power out of both. I like the TVS style blowers for longevity and a factory look..

VMP BLOWER 7888.00 From VMP
PRICE IS WITH A SCT X4
VMP GEN II 2.3L TVS
VMP DUAL FAN Heat Exchange
56# Fuel Injectors and high-flow fuel rail (Supports 700 rwhp)
VMP Plug n Play fuel pump booster
JLT 123mm Plastic CAI for Supercharged 5.0L (2015+ spec kits come with Roush 110mm cold air)
Dual 60mm Throttle Body (upgradeable)
Your choice of pulley size (see below)
Plug n Play wiring harness extensions
Upper and lower aluminum intake manifolds with high-efficiency intercooler
Intercooler pump & lines
1st shiv HD belt system with tensioner, belt, and idlers.
All required fasteners, wiring, brackets, hoses and clamps
SCT X4 handheld tuning device and VMP Custom Calibration by Justin Starkey
Some items may vary due to availability
Features
Performance- 600+ RWHP 5.0L and 700+ RWHP Boss 302
Reliability- 1 year warranty and 100,000 Mile Service Interval on TVS blower
Flexibility- Dial in at a level appropriate for you with our selection of pulleys & upgrades
Driveability- Fantastic driveability even at the highest boost levels.
Expandability - TONS of room to grow with many of our optional upgrades
Available Pulley Sizes
85mm for 9psi
82mm for 10psi
79mm for 11-12psi

WHIPPLE 8,595.00 From Beefcake
Whipple Stage 2 Features
• Stage 1 Kit + 72lb Injectors & 132mm Throttle Body
• Power Output is 825HP/640TQ
• Runs on 93 Octane

WHIPPLE SUPERCHARGERS S550 EXCLUSIVE FEATURES
• Most powerfurl 50-state legal system available (base system makes 750 engine HP on 93 octane while the upgrade throttle body system makes 825 engine HP on 93 octane)
• No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box (nearly double the stock horsepower)
• Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems (front entry design can be up to 8% more efficient then a side/rear entry) 2.9L is 26% larger than 2.3L roots-type allowing lower power consumption and lower discharge temps to flow the same amount of air (more power to the rear wheels)
• Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt
• Over-sized Crusher™ inlet for maximum airflow capacity and minimal rotor cavitation (unique Roval 132mm inlet)
• Front feed allows for over-sized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
• Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler (over 33% larger than competition) offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available, nothing comes close
• Massive oversized aluminum intercooler reservoir (over 2 gallons) holds more than double any competitors IC water system allowing longer more consistent power levels vs. competition
• High flow intercooler pump, nearly double the flow of the standard units others use

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hypermotive is close...now to just find the funds!

desant89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium Auto
I paid way less than 8595.00 for my Whipple stage 2 with an SCT x4, and KB bap.

Sponsored

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
I paid way less than 8595.00 for my Whipple stage 2 with an SCT x4, and KB bap.
Dude. Where are you located? Im in delran and would love to check out your setup. Going btw procharger and a whipple.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Hypermotive is close...now to just find the funds!

Yep, you're always welcome to come check out our cars:) We do everything in house!

I don't know how many supercharger installs we've done here, no reason to count them all but... its something we do a lot of:) And with custom tuning by PBDyno on our custom kits, you know you're going to make safe power and still go fast!!

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yep, you're always welcome to come check out our cars:) We do everything in house!

I don't know how many supercharger installs we've done here, no reason to count them all but... its something we do a lot of:) And with custom tuning by PBDyno on our custom kits, you know you're going to make safe power and still go fast!!
Nuff said. :thumbsup:

MagneticGT15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
I'm confused with understanding why the Roush sc wouldn't be overwritten by the sctx4? I have the SCTx4 and planned on buying the Roush supercharger and using both. Can't I just get a tune file? Any help? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy but now wondering if the Roush one is good enough. Not trying to get 800hp but want more than 500 to the wheels. ??

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm confused with understanding why the Roush sc wouldn't be overwritten by the sctx4? I have the SCTx4 and planned on buying the Roush supercharger and using both. Can't I just get a tune file? Any help? I'm about to pull the trigger and buy but now wondering if the Roush one is good enough. Not trying to get 800hp but want more than 500 to the wheels. ??
the way they flash the pcm, it just "blocks" it or has programming the sct cannot over write
Sponsored