Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Don't hurt me but a C7 would be at the top of my list if I were in your situation.
Sponsored

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
GT350 is not a proper street car as its rpm curve is way too high
for street duties IMO
Not true at all. You can cruise all day long in that thing and it purrs like a kitten. It has power through the whole rpm band, its just after 3500 rpms the gates from hell open up and blow out the ear drums of all who are not ready to accept the blissful sound waves of pure awesomeness, esp with the resonator delete.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
want a car that will keep up or beat my M3, (which isn't supercharged) and other fast cars where I live. !

I blew away a M3 last week ... just sayin. I think it was a M3 but I don't know BMWs and I couldnt really tell looking at it from the rear view mirror.

Stock GT's are not to shabby Dude. Dont discard the 5.0 motor with a good driver. It can be pretty quick.

OP
OP

ldireprophil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E92 M3
You may want to make your decision after photos and specifications/upgrades for the 2018 refresh are released.
Where do you live in Alpharetta?
That's a good idea, no one know's yet? Any leaks on the 2018?

My office is off McFarland Pkwy behind the Mercedes-Benz
Dealership.

OP
OP

ldireprophil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E92 M3
That's a null point. He doesn't want to supercharge anyways

OP I'd get the 350 if you want to compete with the m3
My M3 is not supercharged, I could get it over 800HP is so but the Evolve supercharger setup is $15,000+.

I've seen some of these Roush Stage 3 supercharged cars around 670HP for sale straight from the Ford dealer online that look tempting.

Sponsored

Brawndo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
GT350 is not a proper street car as its rpm curve is way too high
for street duties IMO
We agree to disagree. I DD'ed my regular GT for a long time, and now been DD'ing my GT350 TP, no issues. I actually like to keep it at low RPM and go heavy on the pedal at low torque just for that exhaust sound.

Only thing is I've been scrapping my chin spoiler a little. #firstworldproblems

OP
OP

ldireprophil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E92 M3
Don't hurt me but a C7 would be at the top of my list if I were in your situation.
A friend of mine has one, I'm not a big fan of the look of the new vettes, too many angles or something not sure what it is. I have to have a back seat though which is why I have an M3 and wanting a new mustang. if money weren't an option and I didn't need a backseat I'd have my eye on a 2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S.

OP
OP

ldireprophil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E92 M3
I blew away a M3 last week ... just sayin. I think it was a M3 but I don't know BMWs and I couldnt really tell looking at it from the rear view mirror.

Stock GT's are not to shabby Dude. Dont discard the 5.0 motor with a good driver. It can be pretty quick.
LOL, blew away, come on now. That must've been a lady in a 3 series. If we're talking stock for stock, the Mustang GT is three seconds faster than the E92 V8 M3 car on the Willow Springs Racetrack, and the new M4 twin-turbo V6 is about 0.6 seconds faster than the Mustang GT.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Buy a factory supercharged 5.0 and you'll be happier than a pig in mud.

I'd also get the Ford Racing track suspension pack, and some better wheels/tires.

You'd still be well below cost of entry on a BMW M series, and cost of ownership will be significantly lower.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
I think you would be very happy with a GT/PP with some mods as has been suggested. I would stay clear of the GT350 if not tracking. That is a lot of money to spend on a Mustang that you don't intend to use for the purpose it excels in. It is an acceptable DD, but an excellent one it is not.

I am in the same boat as you, as far as what you are after. I am 90% sure that I want a GT, but I also want M type handling characteristics. I plan to wait to see what 2018 offers, then buy a new 2018 or scoop up a killer deal on a 2017. First mods will be some Steeda Pro-Action Shocks and Struts with their linear Ultralite springs. The difference that makes is tremendous for only around $1000.

That alone will turn the 5.0 in to an absolute street beast, and have excellent ride quality at the same time. Later I will do a Lund tune to wake up the Coyote the way it deserves to be.

ramairgt1

15 GT PP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Explorer ST
I might be interested in selling my 2015 GT/PP. If I dont sell it I am going to pro-charge it.
I'm about an hour from you

OP
OP

ldireprophil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E92 M3
Buy a factory supercharged 5.0 and you'll be happier than a pig in mud.

I'd also get the Ford Racing track suspension pack, and some better wheels/tires.

You'd still be well below cost of entry on a BMW M series, and cost of ownership will be significantly lower.
Dumb question, what does the PP add for me on a GT? Obviously not the track suspension or better wheels/tires. I'm guessing the supercharger isn't included in the Performance Pack? Do these cars do best with a dealer installed Roush supercharger/tune or is another setup from an independent shop the way to go?

OP
OP

ldireprophil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 E92 M3

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
Dumb question, what does the PP add for me on a GT? Obviously not the track suspension or better wheels/tires. I'm guessing the supercharger isn't included in the Performance Pack? Do these cars do best with a dealer installed Roush supercharger/tune or is another setup from an independent shop the way to go?
The PP is the Ford Racing Street Suspension, so yes the Track Suspension is an upgrade from even the PP.

The FR Track setup is a great setup, but uses monotubes in the rear. I want the best ride quality possible so currently looking at the Steeda twin tube Pro Action.
Sponsored