Sponsored

2016 Mustang GT vs EB, which one to buy?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
What I do find a little sad though is the apparent emotional similarities between GT owners and those arrogant, a$$hole corvette owners.
Really? I hate generalizations. Not every Corvette owner is an "arrogant, a$$hole" just like not every Mustang owner trashes cars leaving Cars n' Coffee events :D
Sponsored

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
no contest for me..
a mustang has to be a v8 or nothing..in fact if you gave me a 4 banger one i'de sell it.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
no contest for me..
a mustang has to be a v8 or nothing..in fact if you gave me a 4 banger one i'de sell it.
Comments like this is what starts the whole inter-model bashing crap and what gets threads locked.

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
My wife loves my GT, but she has admitted she's a little afraid of it. She wants to be able to floor it at 20mph and not worry about it kicking sideways, and this is why she will probably get an EcoBoost.
She probably doesn't want an Ecoboost either. It is very capable of breaking the rear end loose at 20 mph in the lower gears. It's got more torque than a GT at 2000 rpm at full boost.

I have a PP with it in sport or track mode I can smoke the tires through first gear and most of the way through second. I would image it will even be easier with the smaller 235 tires of a non PP car.

Sponsored

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
I settled on the ecoboost because it had pretty much all the things I was looking for in a ride. I never really considered getting a Mustang till I test drove an eco with the PP and just really enjoyed the low end torque and the handling. The GTI was also on my list but the eco was just a better deal and not to mention cheaper to repair down the line. Unfortunately I can't even get to drive this thing proper with the amount of traffic/ speed cameras in this town.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I'm in NYC, 50, married , no accidents or tickets, Geico.
Eco= $900 for 6 months.
GT= $1650 / 6 months.
That is what made my mind up.
Should have paid the extra $62.50 per month and got the GT in my opinion....:D

Rcmchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 16 PP
900 for 6 months on the eco? man I'm glad I don't live in NY! Illinois is a bargain.

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
no contest for me..
His "member name" tells you everything you need to know about this dude....
if you have to say it.....

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
His "member name" tells you everything you need to know about this dude....
if you have to say it.....
I wanted to say it but I don't want to get warned for explicit stuff lol.

Roseville....HAHA I'm in Elk Grove.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Two more random thoughts just for funzies as we continued this thread...

To the OP, user names are usually chosen as an extension of some part of our personalities - yours might suggest that you would probably prefer a GT to an Ecoboost. No judgement, just an observation.

Concerning the ongoing commentary of EB's sufficiency of power or not, something has just occurred to me. We own a 2008 Expedition 4x4 SUV that we specifically purchased as a tow vehicle for our 7,000 lb boat. The Expedition has the 5.4 Triton V8 of F150s, a tow capacity rating of 9,200 lbs, and pulls the boat quite well while towing (it also sucks mpg). I just realized - my little 4 cyl Ecoboost has more hp and more torque than our Expedition.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Two more random thoughts just for funzies as we continued this thread...

To the OP, user names are usually chosen as an extension of some part of our personalities - yours might suggest that you would probably prefer a GT to an Ecoboost. No judgement, just an observation.

Concerning the ongoing commentary of EB's sufficiency of power or not, something has just occurred to me. We own a 2008 Expedition 4x4 SUV that we specifically purchased as a tow vehicle for our 7,000 lb boat. The Expedition has the 5.4 Triton V8 of F150s, a tow capacity rating of 9,200 lbs, and pulls the boat quite well while towing (it also sucks mpg). I just realized - my little 4 cyl Ecoboost has more hp and more torque than our Expedition.

Expedition with the 5.4 was rated at 365lb/ft
Ecoboost is rated at 320lb/ft

terryz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base manual
I heard similar comments about small turbo engine paired with manual tran. The dealer where I bought my mustang actually told me he prefer auto in the EB mustang because you don't lose boost between gears.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I heard similar comments about small turbo engine paired with manual tran. The dealer where I bought my mustang actually told me he prefer auto in the EB mustang because you don't lose boost between gears.
I regret buying the manual trans, I would have probably kept mine if it was an auto and tuned it. But I got such a good deal on the GT and I am a V8 guy I guess as I am thrilled with this car

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I've seen and heard of Ecoboost guys trading in for a GT, but I don't know that I've heard of anyone going from a GT to an EcoBoost.
Sponsored