Sponsored

2016 Mustang GT vs EB, which one to buy?

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Really? I hate generalizations. Not every Corvette owner is an "arrogant, a$$hole" just like not every Mustang owner trashes cars leaving Cars n' Coffee events :D
You are correct, but....
I worked on those cars for 2 1/2 yrs and I would say 8 out of every 10 owners were how I described them, if not worse.
Sponsored

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
:headbonk:
:cheers:

Only because I spend my money on a real racecar. :doh: (I couldnt resist either. ;) )

All of my money goes to things like my mortgage, 3 kids, 3 dogs, wife's boobs, and occasionally I can get a gun here and there.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
All of my money goes to things like my mortgage, 3 kids, 3 dogs, wife's boobs, and occasionally I can get a gun here and there.

I hear ya. Only one dog here, kids grown and gone, better half pays the mortgage while I pay everything else....and buy a gun here and there as well.
But in all seriousness, when I want to go fast, I take my racecar to the track where it's legal, a controlled environment, and relatively safe. That's why I didnt need or even want a GT for a daily driver.

But I have gotten way off topic from the original post.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
:headbonk:
:cheers:

Only because I spend my money on a real racecar. :doh: (I couldnt resist either. ;) )
How real of a race car?

Sponsored

cgreen5150

cgreen5150
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, Premium, PP, Recaros
I've seen and heard of Ecoboost guys trading in for a GT, but I don't know that I've heard of anyone going from a GT to an EcoBoost.
While definitely not the norm, I've seen at least one member on here that did go from a GT to an Eco but that's the minority.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Real enough. It's just a bracket car I run in Top/Super Pro, so not "real" like a pro stock or even a circle track car.
What kinda times does it run? Big block? We can talk race cars. this thread pops up ever other day in some form.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
What kinda times does it run? Big block? We can talk race cars. this thread pops up ever other day in some form.

351C stroked to a 377, powerglide, alchy injection, factory 4v heads with a quick clean up in the bowls. Around here all we have are 1/8 mile tracks, so it hasnt been down the 1/4 with this combo. It was running mid 6.20s, that motor broke the block, I stuck a motor I threw together out of leftover parts (stock rods, stock crank, etc) in the car, and it ran low 6.40s. I'm in the process of pulling that motor out and getting the 377 put back together for next year.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Nice! I run a 363 dart block In my car. Currently running a single 300 shot. Thinking of going to a second stage and trying to get into the 8s in the 1/4. When I run brackets. I run motor only. Makes the car more predictable. Low 10s on motor.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Expedition with the 5.4 was rated at 365lb/ft
Ecoboost is rated at 320lb/ft
You might have missed one of my posts farther up the thread. I have the FP tune (390 lb/ft).

Intrepid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2017 GT PP Prem
I have a unique perspective here I would love to share.

I ordered a RR 2015 EB PP Auto in Oct 2014 took delivery Black Friday 2014 and drove it as a daily driver for almost 2 years before somebody T-boned me and totaled it 3 months ago (Everybody is fine, the car was a champion in a crash)

I loved that car, great power (not perfect), Auto, drop dead beautiful. But there was a nagging lingering problem. Every time I hit the start button it sounded wrong, Automatic also a lingering problem. Admittedly I am an old school muscle car guy, this of course colors my opinion.

Getting a new Mustang to replace the lost one was an imperative no question.

I ordered a GT PP Premium. After 3 months of waiting I took delivery today. I have to add I had the dealer install Ford Racing Touring Axle Back and Ford Racing Touring Springs.

I drove the car over 100 Miles today after taking delivery (granted only 100 miles I admit). Its the same car only at a whole new level. The sound, the manual trans, the experience is visceral.

There is nothing wrong with the EB, its just simply put, and obvious, not a GT. The extra gas the GT uses, to me, is worth multiples of it's additional cost.

The GT is in my opinion (admittedly biased) the better car in everyway. But it bears repeating, there is nothing wrong with the EB, its just not a GT, and it isn't supposed to be.

But in the end, get what you want, that is the only way.

Weigh my opinion for what its worth to you. To me, the GT is it.

I don't regret the EB, not for a second, but the universe gave me the chance to change my choice.

Then again, I am an old guy getting the dream car he always wanted. That was a fastback GT with the sound and the feel.

Old School Muscle.

Last edited:

Pong Lenis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt auto custom packet
if you want economy buy an eco diesel..no petrol car will ever give you good mpg.i have driven over 2000 000 miles in my life..most economical car i have ever owned and driven is my new hyundai i30 diesel.
50mpg tank to tank..even a good petrol car will only get you 30 to 35mpg..
a petrol car will not give you good mpg

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
if you want economy buy an eco diesel..no petrol car will ever give you good mpg.i have driven over 2000 000 miles in my life..most economical car i have ever owned and driven is my new hyundai i30 diesel.
50mpg tank to tank..even a good petrol car will only get you 30 to 35mpg..
a petrol car will not give you good mpg
Your screen name is the funniest ever.... :D