Which GT would you pick?

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
...with a bunch of swirl marks they said they can detail out...
All other considerations aside, I would take this statement with a barrel of salt. If they could detail it out, they certainly would have, before trying to sell it. My guess is that it will require extensive work.
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
All other considerations aside, I would take this statement with a barrel of salt. If they could detail it out, they certainly would have, before trying to sell it. My guess is that it will require extensive work.
Nah, they would not want to put any more time/money into it than they have to. Sure, they might for a sale, but more people than not would buy with swirl marks.

groove93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Brown
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Depending on the type of scratches and swirl marks found on the vehicle, removing them is not a quick process. In order to remove them, it may take either a 1 or 2 stage Paint Correction. This can take hours, or days.

When I purchased my 2019, I told the salesman not to wash or detail the car. The car did have swirl marks, and it wasn't until I performed a full detail, wax/sealant removal, Chemical and Physical decontamination, that I saw how bad the swirl marks were on the vehicle. The car required a 2-Stage Paint Correction. A compound and a polish (by hand and I'll never do that again :) )

I was able to remove about 70% of the swirls and removed some superficial scratches during the process as well. I know there's much room for improvement via the use of a DA Polisher.

So when they tell you, we're going to clean up the car before you drive it off the lot, take into consideration the state of the clearcoat. If you're familiar with the process of a full detail/valeting, that will let you know if there is or no need for them to touch the car.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Tough choice. I personally had to have a premium. I love all the extra comfort pieces that come with it. Plus here in Socal those cooled seats are amazing. If its all about speed and performance id grab the 18+ cuz the gen 3 and the 10 speed are amazing. But I have a premium Auto 17 and love the car.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
Tough choice. I personally had to have a premium. I love all the extra comfort pieces that come with it. Plus here in Socal those cooled seats are amazing. If its all about speed and performance id grab the 18+ cuz the gen 3 and the 10 speed are amazing. But I have a premium Auto 17 and love the car.
You also have a Whipple....gen 2s are great boosted. If you were going to stay NA I can understand, but for FI you have a perfect platform.

Sponsored

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Those prices are absolutely ridiculous, just buy a new one at that point.
Many dealers will register the car for you, even out of state, so they will collect the tax and it can be included in the loan. I bought my new 2020 over the summer from North Carolina. They registered it and shipped it to me in New York.
If you don't mind me asking, what was the price to have it shipped to you? I'm looking at a few GTs on Ted Britt's site and their prices are good. I'm in NY and would consider shipped one up here.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
If you don't mind me asking, what was the price to have it shipped to you? I'm looking at a few GTs on Ted Britt's site and their prices are good. I'm in NY and would consider shipped one up here.
I paid $900 to ship it from Charlotte to Queens. It wasn't with a big company where you have to wait till they have someone going from a to b though. The dealer set it up and It was delivered at 8am the next day.

Just my experience, I would stay away from Ted Britt Ford. I was going to buy my first Mustang from them. We agreed on price and, I paid a deposit anf took off the next day from work to drive down there, sign the papers and pick it up. I called before I left to let them know I was was coming and I get told by the sales manger the sales guy I was dealing with for two weeks didn't know what he was talking about and the car was $3k more then what we agreed on. I was pissed that they wasted my time. A couple of weeks later, after I bought a car from anther dealer, I get a phone call offering me the car for the original price we agreed on. I just laughed and hung up on the guy. I assume what happened was they had someone else interested in the car and were trying to get us to bid for it and lost both customers. I hope they really took a bath on it.

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
Hey everyone ! I want to get everyone's opinion.

Currently have a 2017 ecoboost base with 70k miles and have positive equity.

A dealership near me has a 2018 GT base stock with a bunch of swirl marks they said they can detail out... with 30k miles priced at 35k

Also a 2016 GT premium, aftermarket rims, and dual tip corsa exhaust (which sounded AMAZING) and a rear carbon fiber diffuser and comes with a stock airbox and an extra open air intake (didn't look for the brand I forgot to) With 40k miles priced at 32k.

Both are automatic which is fine with
me.

What would you choose?? I'm honestly fine with both since they have half the miles my current car has PLUS its a v8. Just don't know if going to a 2016 premium is worth it vs the 2018 just because of the mods on it that I would honestly do eventually but would save me money buying it with all that done to it already.
18 or keep what you have and save to make a 21 purchase.

Meatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT
18 or keep what you have and save to make a 21 purchase.
I disagree. If kept stock the OP knows what he needs to know already about the two cars....just drive them and see which you like more. If keeping NA and going E85, 18+. If supercharging on pump gas, 15-17. If supercharging on E, either.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Mods add zero value to the car. You could spend $100k modding a $35k car. The market value would remain $35k. The only exception is if you find a buyer willing to pay for those specific mods. Don't be willing to pay.
My car blue booked at 28k and they gave me 35 in trade with a roush p2 supercharger on it. Take that how you will :). It blue booked at 24k in January of last year and 28k in July when I traded it.

this was a leased car too

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Agree with others that they seem overpriced.

I know that prices are up: but in January I bought a new (unsold - sitting on the lot) 2019 GT PP1, with Safe and Smart, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Exhaust, Upgraded Stereo (301a package)… for $36k.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I wouldn't be buying a mustang in this market.. honestly, I would just save the money and pay towards house.

in my area, it seems there's more new cars and more new used cars to people, everyone has temp 30 day tags. even though prices are ridiculous on EVERYTHING, no one seems to be caring about massive payments.

but my income hasn't changed, and I am $$ conscious. I dont want to overpay for stuff. its not fair to the buyers
Gotta disagree. It depends on how bad you want that zoom. No house will ever zoom like a GT 😎

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Come on, you know that's probably because of how crazy the used market is now.
ABSOLUTELY! I would have kept it otherwise but I found a loaded 2019 NFG at 0% interest and under sticker price if you can believe it. I actually felt pretty good about that trade & purchase!
Sponsored