Sponsored

Which GT for me?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Why? There’s a reason a car is traded in with 604 miles. I’d need to know why.
probably fail to make payments. And yes of course, proper inquiry will need to be made and price negotiations be they fruitful or otherwise. I can't tell if AE or not.

No worries Ira, me love you long time.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
Everyone has their preferences - but I personally don't like leather seats and have gone out of my way to keep them out of most of my cars (too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter). I love the cloth seats in my 301a... they are super comfy.
Same here. When I got my car, the dealership staff wanted to make real sure I knew that they could re-do the seats in leather, until I was finally like "Oh my gawd, enough about the ****ing leather."

And while it might be nifty to have the nav system with the voice interface, it wasn't worth money to me. It seems like I got my money's worth for my 301A car.

friedmud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Same here. When I got my car, the dealership staff wanted to make real sure I knew that they could re-do the seats in leather, until I was finally like "Oh my gawd, enough about the ****ing leather."

And while it might be nifty to have the nav system with the voice interface, it wasn't worth money to me. It seems like I got my money's worth for my 301A car.
I don't really understand the whole nav-system thing in this day and age. Do people really not just plug their phones in? I haven't used an in-car nav system since Carplay was a thing. Why use an outdated map with awful voice recognition when I can use Siri and Google Maps?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don't really understand the whole nav-system thing in this day and age. Do people really not just plug their phones in? I haven't used an in-car nav system since Carplay was a thing. Why use an outdated map with awful voice recognition when I can use Siri and Google Maps?
same

hey Siri, take me to ihop in Richmond Indiana.

done.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sheehy has a new PP1 301a with no AE. Black on black. 42.9k
I think I walked past that one while I was buying my blue car in February. I thought the asking price was way less, not too long ago.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Mustang voice-recog is pretty bad. In the F150 it's fairly good. I suspect it has to do with mic placement since the SW/HW should be neigh identical.

I agree factory NAV is pointless unless you're out where there is no cell coverage and you didn't preload the maps from Google onto your phone before you lost coverage.

My parents have a dedicated Garmin and it's logic is so batshit crazy but they still follow it in circles but won't throw the damn thing out. Even though they both have smart phones that I pay for, and Android Auto that interfaces well enough with the Kia software, never mind the co-pilot just using the phone native...

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
I think I walked past that one while I was buying my blue car in February. I thought the asking price was way less, not too long ago.
They also had one with AE that they sold recently.
Which one did you buy?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
it was. The Capital region dealerships have big time pared back their discounts or eliminated them entirely. It's a seller's market and they are taking full advantage.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have light sensitivity, I had lasik, so led guages I’m personally avoiding, I already keep the current guages on the dimmest settings at night...
I hate my auto-dimming mirror, and probably for a similar reason. I can never be sure if my LASEK is a factor, but
I would love to have a regular prismatic mirror that I can flip when I want to and it stays dark until I change my mind, rather than wait for the auto-dimming thing to slowwwwly change and then all it does is tint the reflection green.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I hate my auto-dimming mirror, and probably for a similar reason. I can never be sure if my LASEK is a factor, but
I would love to have a regular prismatic mirror that I can flip when I want to and it stays dark until I change my mind, rather than wait for the auto-dimming thing to slowwwwly change and then all it does is tint the reflection green.
See in my Scion, auto dimming is dope. It’s like instantly dimmed down. I don’t have auto dimming in mustang I assume, as at night mofos ride my ass with brights and I don’t see any dimming anywhere.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They also had one with AE that they sold recently.
Which one did you buy?
2020 GT, PP1, 301A, 6-speed, velocity blue. No active exhaust or MagneRide on mine, but for the price I can't complain. Asking price was $37,000-ish, in Feb, while MSRP was apparently $43k.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, PP1, 301A, 6-speed, velocity blue. No active exhaust or MagneRide on mine, but for the price I can't complain. Asking price was $37,000-ish, in Feb, while MSRP was apparently $43k.
But no AE? Just kidding. Strong opinions on here about AE.

BTDUBS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It's weird, I had LASIK too and and while the gauges don't bother me, it seems that the mirror is just dimwitted. It doesn't do enough when you need it to and it does too much most of the other time.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So just did a search online of the cars within 500 miles and there and no PP1 with AE available in the low 40’s. If I want a car now it looks like me options are:

- raise my price point but I don’t want to do that
- purchase a non PP1 with AE (the black w/black accent package and 401a I linked earlier) and upgrade wheels, tires, suspension, brakes later on if I even feel that is necessary after having the car a while.
- purchase a 301a PP1 without AE and live without having AE.
- wait until a car becomes available that meets all my wants - pretty much 6M PP1 with AE - or wait out the market until prices drop, whenever that is.
Sponsored