Which GT for me?

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Just curious, what did Koons charge for shipping?
They wanted to charge $700. I used a different carrier that charged $400.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

izibarrett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mandi
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've been looking for a 2018-2020 GT for a month or two. My current DD is a 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Love it as a utility vehicle, but as a DD driving 30min to and from work, it sucks. I live north of NYC and drive to Queens for work, so i'm mostly highway and the cars move fast. Driving the Tacoma fast feels like i'm driving on marshmallows. I will keep the Tacoma for winter driving, driving the kids around, going fishing, vacations in the mountains, but want to get a performance vehicle for my DD to and from work.

I've been a mustang guy since i was a kid. Talked my mom into letting me get a 1985 GT 5.0 for my first car. I loved it and had tons of fun......probably too much. Since then, i've had mostly sport utility vehicle due to where i have lived and my outdoors lifestyle. Now, i'm at a point where i can keep the Tacoma and get myself something i will enjoy as a DD. Plus my wife has a Cherokee so we would still have 2 vehicles to drive the kids (5 and 7yrs old) around in.

Anyway, as i said, the car will mostly be a DD, but it will also be something i would take out on the weekend for a spirited drive out in the country as well. Probably also take the kids out on some cruises. I'm pretty much set on wanting a PP as i want a car that i won't have to modify much. I test drove a 2020 PP1 301a AE 6MT and thought it was great. I thought the seats were pretty comfortable and the car drove really well. I haven't had the chance to try a premium or 401a yet. I'm not sure if leather seats are a need to have for me. The other GT i found is a PP2 that has had the SC2s replaced. It is well optioned and low miles. The link to the car is below.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1FA6P8CF7K5194333

I'm trying to stay within a budget, but could spend a little extra for a well optioned car like the PP2 above. Any advice from those of you who DD a PP1 or PP2? What options do you feel are must have's?
Did you end up buying this one on the Carfax??? That is MY old car. I traded it in, in PA and I regretted it by May. Been trying to find it somewhere so I searched by my VIN. Just curious where "Thanos" ended up.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Did you end up buying this one on the Carfax??? That is MY old car. I traded it in, in PA and I regretted it by May. Been trying to find it somewhere so I searched by my VIN. Just curious where "Thanos" ended up.
Can’t believe you resurrected this thread. I did not buy your old PP2, but probably should have. I ended up with a 21 GT 301a M6. I upgytheveheels and tires and installed the FP track suspension. It may have been better if I had just bought a PP2.

Why did you get rid of it? Was it well taken care of?

izibarrett

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mandi
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Can’t believe you resurrected this thread. I did not buy your old PP2, but probably should have. I ended up with a 21 GT 301a M6. I upgytheveheels and tires and installed the FP track suspension. It may have been better if I had just bought a PP2.

Why did you get rid of it? Was it well taken care of?

Lol, yeah I've been looking everywhere, can't find it.. really want to buy it back. Nothing was wrong with it. At the time I had moved to the mountains of PA and it just wasn't feasible because I didn't have a winter car, was paying $550/month for it and couldn't drive it. I moved to FL in May last year and have had all of the regret. That car was my dream car.

Someone out there got an amazing car. Every one of those miles were put on by me. My dad works at a Ford dealership in Ohio so it was impeccably maintained. Wished I'd have seen last year that they still hadn't sold it by the time I moved. Sigh... The search continues. Lol I know it's a car, but a piece of me went when I sold it.

20200316_204849.jpg
Sponsored