FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
All I know is the Blue Dials with Red needles are plenty awesome. I go with Digital Speed readout and outside of RPM hardly ever look at the speedo. But did I say the Blue was awesome?
I have light sensitivity, I had ilasik, so led guaged I’m personally avoiding, I already keep the current guaged on the dimmest settings at night and ambient lighting completely off.

don’t know how dimthe digital can go, but I am expecting its dimmest setting to still be brighter than darkestanalog setting
Sponsored

DHDrifter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
I recently purchased a new 2020, fully loaded with PP, AE, and Magnaride. I’ve just hit the magic 1000 mile break in so I’ve been able to wind it up and let her rip.

Here my take- PP is great and improves handling quite a bit. Brakes are great and seem to run pretty cools and really help control the car when coming into corneres.

Having said this, you could add all of these performance parts down the road if you wanted and found a great deal on a non PP vehicle.

AE - I would consider this a mandatory for me. It’s not about getting the loud exhaust note(very loud in sport or track) but being able to turn it down. Longer freeway trips are much nicer when I want to dull the drumming of the V8. When fun driving, let it roar.

Magnaride - Love it, subtle but makes a big difference. Someone told me on this forum that I would be underwhelmed for the first 200 miles and then couldn’t live without it. Spot on. It just smooths out the ride in normal mode and feels very comfortable. In Sport, the handling tightens up and the car just performs beautifully.

In the end, buy what you can afford, try to get the AE since it’s integrated, and enjoy the ride. Everything else is just an add on (Magnaride not so much).

I opted for the premium and I like the comforts of the heated/cooled seats, better stereo, and leather.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Man, these things are flying off the shelves. I’ve been on the phone with Sheehy, Koons and other dealers this morning and they are selling mustangs left and right.
Yup, it's early Spring. Hottest selling time of the year. Git movin' or drive a Camaro! :cwl:

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 6M & 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Yup, it's early Spring. Hottest selling time of the year. Git movin' or drive a Camaro! :cwl:
Sheehy has a new PP1 301a with no AE. Black on black. 42.9k

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That and I think i would end up modifying the non-PP car to get it close to a PP1. So might as well go with the PP1
depends what part of the PP you actually value. I replaced almost every "upgrade" my PP1 came with so for the 5000 bump in MSRP I could have spent just 1/2 that on a non-PP and gotten a FAR better car than the PP1 is off the lot.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
depends what part of the PP you actually value. I replaced almost every "upgrade" my PP1 came with so for the 5000 bump in MSRP I could have spent just 1/2 that on a non-PP and gotten a FAR better car than the PP1 is off the lot.
I hear people talking about the Torsen a lot. What makes it so great?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I've been looking for a 2018-2020 GT for a month or two. My current DD is a 2011 Tacoma TRD Off-Road. Love it as a utility vehicle, but as a DD driving 30min to and from work, it sucks. I live north of NYC and drive to Queens for work, so i'm mostly highway and the cars move fast. Driving the Tacoma fast feels like i'm driving on marshmallows. I will keep the Tacoma for winter driving, driving the kids around, going fishing, vacations in the mountains, but want to get a performance vehicle for my DD to and from work.

I've been a mustang guy since i was a kid. Talked my mom into letting me get a 1985 GT 5.0 for my first car. I loved it and had tons of fun......probably too much. Since then, i've had mostly sport utility vehicle due to where i have lived and my outdoors lifestyle. Now, i'm at a point where i can keep the Tacoma and get myself something i will enjoy as a DD. Plus my wife has a Cherokee so we would still have 2 vehicles to drive the kids (5 and 7yrs old) around in.

Anyway, as i said, the car will mostly be a DD, but it will also be something i would take out on the weekend for a spirited drive out in the country as well. Probably also take the kids out on some cruises. I'm pretty much set on wanting a PP as i want a car that i won't have to modify much. I test drove a 2020 PP1 301a AE 6MT and thought it was great. I thought the seats were pretty comfortable and the car drove really well. I haven't had the chance to try a premium or 401a yet. I'm not sure if leather seats are a need to have for me. The other GT i found is a PP2 that has had the SC2s replaced. It is well optioned and low miles. The link to the car is below.

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/1FA6P8CF7K5194333

I'm trying to stay within a budget, but could spend a little extra for a well optioned car like the PP2 above. Any advice from those of you who DD a PP1 or PP2? What options do you feel are must have's?
Just wanted to give my opinion about the premium package. Test drove a new base model gt when looking for a mustang. The cloth seats felt and looked like shit in my opinion and the small infotainment screen is a big downside. I bought a 2015 gt premium and love the premium interior. The cooled seats are really nice and I like the touch screen (newer ones with Apple car play would be even nicer). I just recommend you go test drive a premium and non premium. I just really disliked the non premium feel and look.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. It really depends on what you want from the package.

Includes:
• 19"x9" (F) 19" x 9.5" (R) Ebony Black Painted Aluminum Wheels - Addable
• 255/40 R10 (F) 275/40 R19 (R) (Summer Only) Tires - Addable
• Brembo™ Six-Piston Front Brake Calipers - Black with Larger Rotors - Addable
• "Engine Spun" Aluminum instrument Panel - Addable
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum) - Addable
• Heavy-duty Front Springs - Addable
• K-Brace - Addable
• Larger Radiator -- Addable
• Performance Rear Wing - Addable
• Black Painted Strut-Tower Brace - Addable
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.73 Axle Ratio (Manual) - Addable
• TORSEN® Differential with 3.55 Axle Ration (Automatic) - Addable
• Unique Chassis Tuning - Not Addable
• Unique Stability Control, EPAS and ABS Tuning - Not Addable
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar - Addable

So the question is what to you really need and what do you really want?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a curveball. I found this one earlier at Koons Ford. The only thing it doesn't have that i would want is the AE. This is only a bit over $1000 more than the non-PP withe the black accent

https://www.koons.com/new/Ford/2021...ngton-dc-48e134fc0a0e0ae81a50e848718408f3.htm
When you come to town, I'll let you drive mine (300A+PP1+mods) with Steeda H-pipe + Borla Touring (minus resonator) to check out the sound. AE for the EB is a plus since it really does sound like total ass without it.

I live 10 miles from Koons Fallschurch.

If you don't intend to touch the car, and you want to do some infrequent HPDE then PP1 is somewhat worthwhile. Otherwise you're WAY better off putting better parts on a non-PP car.

Katzkin leather is significantly superior to Ford and only $1000.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I hear people talking about the Torsen a lot. What makes it so great?
This will make total sense after you watch it 2 or 3 times. In other words, for how you are going to be driving your car for it's not that important. The 3.73 gear is nice though,

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
When you come to town, I'll let you drive mine (300A+PP1+mods) with Steeda H-pipe + Borla Touring (minus resonator) to check out the sound. AE for the EB is a plus since it really does sound like total ass without it.
Matt, your car must sound incredible but it the adjustability of AE that makes it worthwhile. When I'm by myself "track" 100% of the time. But talking with my wife, normal is nice.

OP
OP

WCGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m talking to about 4 dealers at the moment but am strongly leaning towards the non-PP black premium. Payments would be lower on this car sand I could upgrade the car over time as I feel it out. Plus, it also has the AE.

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
I dd my 18 gt350, and have for over a year. I would say a pp1 or 2 would probably make good dds. Definitely a manual, clutches are very light nowadays so stop and go won't wear your leg out. I would suggest magnaride and active exhaust. I don't know the pp cars like many here do, but would guess that with these couple of options it would be a great car. I prefer the leather seats, I don't know if the gts have the suede insert...mine does and my wife's 16 gt/cs does. It is awesome, helps hold during spirited and beyond driving. Great to live with everyday vs the recaros. Me personally, I don't like the digital dashes on the newer cars, but I'm less techy and more old school on that type of stuff. Good luck

DaveB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 gt350, 16 gt/cs (wife)
Vehicle Showcase
also a manual is perfect as it is also a theft deterrent as most kids and many adults don't have a clue how to drive it....notice a lot of the anti-manual posts
Sponsored