OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
im still finding myself leaning more towards the centri setup for the simplicity of it and the more reliability. just for my information IF i was going to go for around 800-900 later down the road, is there any centri setups that you guys know about that would get the job done?
Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
im still finding myself leaning more towards the centri setup for the simplicity of it and the more reliability. just for my information IF i was going to go for around 800-900 later down the road, is there any centri setups that you guys know about that would get the job done?
There should be a few centrifugal setups that can get you there, my understanding is the limitation is fuel, at that range you need more of it and likely e85 along with supporting mods.

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
There should be a few centrifugal setups that can get you there, my understanding is the limitation is fuel, at that range you need more of it and likely e85 along with supporting mods.
yea i figured you would have to get a bigger fuel pump and injectors instead of a BAP with e85. unlike procharger, i cant see the max psi of the vortech and paxton units to see what they can handle

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
All three centri companies mentioned make head units that will get there.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Vortech/Paxton and procharger make probably around 30 different units combined. I would get a p1x it can make 500whp-950whp and if down the road that is not enough you can have the unit upgraded to a d1x so you don’t have to purchase a new one.
I don’t know if it is but If you need a smog test then that will cut your options down a lot but you still have options
Why did you decide against turbos? Turbo can make 500-1200+ so I don’t see a problem with turbo charging

Sponsored

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vortech/Paxton and procharger make probably around 30 different units combined. I would get a p1x it can make 500whp-950whp and if down the road that is not enough you can have the unit upgraded to a d1x so you don’t have to purchase a new one.
I don’t know if it is but If you need a smog test then that will cut your options down a lot but you still have options
Why did you decide against turbos? Turbo can make 500-1200+ so I don’t see a problem with turbo charging
simplicity is the biggest thing for me. the small amount of parts used on a centri setup and the fact that it can be quickly reversable helped me with my decision. Also, the turbo kits out there, most of them are sleeper kits which get in the way of some parts i have installed on my car already. the two top mount kits that would be at the tippy top of my price range dont have the best quality for what your get. who knows things might change but im about 80% sure ill go with a centri setup

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
simplicity is the biggest thing for me. the small amount of parts used on a centri setup and the fact that it can be quickly reversable helped me with my decision. Also, the turbo kits out there, most of them are sleeper kits which get in the way of some parts i have installed on my car already. the two top mount kits that would be at the tippy top of my price range dont have the best quality for what your get. who knows things might change but im about 80% sure ill go with a centri setup
I've been more than happy with my Procharger stage 2 setup.

ShadowPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP2, 2003 SVT Cobra, 1940 Ford Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Like others have said, you can't go wrong with either and all will put a smile on your face so your choice may be based on the other factors such as warranty and Carb certs (available on most Stage 1 or less radical kits), ease of installation or reverting back to stock (Procharger or centri blowers), HP range you want to stay within and more personal choices like sound (whine or whoosh, although the new Whipple's don't whine) or looks. Another factor you may have to deal with now is availability so be sure to ask and consider that. Good luck.

BevsTTs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Mid mount Twin Turbos would be my recommendation. Make the same power with less boost! The most efficient for sure and being able to press a button to control your power level is awesome.
If you really want to do it right the first time you can’t go wrong with Twins!
And you cannot beat the noises!!

OP
OP

sigma4g

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
shawn
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Mid mount Twin Turbos would be my recommendation. Make the same power with less boost! The most efficient for sure and being able to press a button to control your power level is awesome.
If you really want to do it right the first time you can’t go wrong with Twins!
And you cannot beat the noises!!
to your point i agree with your statements, however the mid mount does get in the way physically with some of my suspension and bracing mods. sadly i would have to go with a top mount kit if i did turbos. plus im in an area with emissions :/

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
thats what everybody is telling me lol im probably going to go with a centri of some sort just because i prefer the bov sounds lol now just got to figure out which one to go with
One thing to think about pd vs. centri is if the belt breaks, you can still drive with centri but on a pd, you're dead in the water as I understand it because the air can't get past the lobes. with a centrifugal, it's like a turbo in that even if the turbo froze, you could still run the engine, of course without the boost available and some degradation in power due to some airflow restriction of the impeller.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
to your point i agree with your statements, however the mid mount does get in the way physically with some of my suspension and bracing mods. sadly i would have to go with a top mount kit if i did turbos. plus im in an area with emissions :/
My mid mount kit will pass emissions. Not California but pretty much anywhere that doesn't suck balls.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
One thing to think about pd vs. centri is if the belt breaks, you can still drive with centri but on a pd, you're dead in the water as I understand it because the air can't get past the lobes. with a centrifugal, it's like a turbo in that even if the turbo froze, you could still run the engine, of course without the boost available and some degradation in power due to some airflow restriction of the impeller.
Only on an independent driven setup like the stage 2 procharger. Anything incorporated into the accessory drive is f****d.

BevsTTs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Which suspension and bracing mods are you referring to? The only thing I can think that may be a possibility of being in the way is the Steeda 2 point g-trac brace and thats a maybe.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Def a fan of Whipple. Quality is second to none. Also can make all the power you will need and more!

collage.jpg
Sponsored