Sponsored

Which Corsa exhaust?

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
This is the only reason I went with the sport, I'll be running Kooks Headers w/cats and was afraid of it being way to loud with the Extreme... Like my neighbors complaining and calling the cops loud lol:paddle:
welcome to my year+ long debate lol
Xtreme. /thread

Only thought I'm having now is whether headers are doable or not.
I have Kooks headers with cats and I also have the Xtremes. It's loud on cold start and starts getting loud around 2800 RPM, but damn does it sound good. I'll start my car with the garage door closed when I leave early in the morning, and I've had my gf cold start it while I stood outside of the garage and it can be heard, but not enough to bother the neighbors, or at least that's what I believe. Haven't had any complaints from any of the neighbors either.
Sponsored

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
I have Kooks headers with cats and I also have the Xtremes. It's loud on cold start and starts getting loud around 2800 RPM, but damn does it sound good. I'll start my car with the garage door closed when I leave early in the morning, and I've had my gf cold start it while I stood outside of the garage and it can be heard, but not enough to bother the neighbors, or at least that's what I believe. Haven't had any complaints from any of the neighbors either.
Probably hard to quantify but how much louder did they get with the catted headers? If I get headers it will be catted so you'd have my exact setup...

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Probably hard to quantify but how much louder did they get with the catted headers? If I get headers it will be catted so you'd have my exact setup...
Yeah, it's hard to say how much louder they are, but its definitely louder in the cab. Not annoyingly loud, but that's my opinion. I do know that I've tried talking on the phone while going from a red light to the interstate, and I couldn't hear, nor be heard while I was accelerating.

If you can, find somebody nearby that has the same setup or even a non-catted setup and see if they'll let you ride around. That's what I did, rode around with a non-catted setup and decided to go ahead with the install.

I also spoke with one of my more social neighbors about wanting to install the headers but that I was worried about pissing everybody off in the neighborhood, and he told me to do it, eff them all! Ha! So, I did it but also try to be respectful and shift much sooner than I do outside of the neighborhood so I don't get too loud.

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
Yeah, it's hard to say how much louder they are, but its definitely louder in the cab. Not annoyingly loud, but that's my opinion. I do know that I've tried talking on the phone while going from a red light to the interstate, and I couldn't hear, nor be heard while I was accelerating.

If you can, find somebody nearby that has the same setup or even a non-catted setup and see if they'll let you ride around. That's what I did, rode around with a non-catted setup and decided to go ahead with the install.

I also spoke with one of my more social neighbors about wanting to install the headers but that I was worried about pissing everybody off in the neighborhood, and he told me to do it, eff them all! Ha! So, I did it but also try to be respectful and shift much sooner than I do outside of the neighborhood so I don't get too loud.
Thanks that helps man :thumbsup:

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Performance Pack
I installed the corsa sport on Friday. It's great! Quiet when cruising loud when punching it.
Sponsored