Sponsored

Which Corsa exhaust?

dtxstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CompOFiveO
Cant decide between MBRP race catback, Flowmaster Axle Backs, or Corsa Extremes. I love the Corsa Extremes but they are a little pricy for me. I have been leaning towards the MBRP nice sound and not too pricey. Any thoughts?
Just switched from the MBRP street (which drone significantly less than the Race) to the Corsa Extremes. Like everyone says, do it right the first time, go Corsa, and save yourself some $$ in the long run. Here's what I wrote in another thread about my experience.

Quick update:

Just got the extremes on. WOW totally 110% worth the money.

Tone: missing the deep, traditional muscle tone of the MBRP. More than makes up for it with a killer, refined tone that makes way better pops and gurgles, and doesn't come with all of the rasp of the MBRP.

Volume: TBH, at first I was ever-so-slightly disappointed that these aren't louder. Maybe I'm crazy :shrug: . Once warmed up, at low rpms (<2.5k) they are definitely a little quieter than the MBRP. I was actually confused when I blipped the throttle at my first couple downshifts, because it was so much quieter than low rpm blips in the MBRP that I thought something was wrong. Definitely quieter on the highway, cruising in 6th. BUT, downshift to 4th, hit the gas, and they wail. Significantly louder than the MBRP in the higher rpms no question, and way way better tone.

I couldn't be happier. More volume, a better tone, AND a more livable, controllable system. Thanks to Corsa for a great product, and this forum for pointing me in the right direction.
Sponsored

rsmustangjr16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium Performance Pack
Don't want to be the loudest

They will be unless your goal is to be the loudest guy around. The Sport sounds fantastic (they all do).
Yeah, I am talking about good overall sound and loud when I want it to be. It looks like the Sports are the way to go on that.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Do you like drone?

Do it once, and do it right. Way too many people on this forum have ended up with the Xtreme after being disappointed with cheaper options. Even if it takes you a little longer to save up, it's worth it.
yup! this

JDVisualz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Mustang GT Premium/PP
Got my xtremes on today and honestly you cant even tell theyre on during cruising speeds. Quite surprised lol

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What do you all think about Borla ATAKs Cat back

Sponsored

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
I went from mbrp race to extreme, best decision ever. It's only loud whe. You get on it, other than that's just a nice rumble.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Xtreme sounds better, IMO, but it's good. I like the S-type's sound more than the ATAK.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Question about the extremes if I start the car
In reverse will it be quieter on cold starts ? I usually just start and drive away

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Xtreme sounds better, IMO, but it's good. I like the S-type's sound more than the ATAK.
I dont know, after watching videos of Extremes and ATAKs they arent that far apart. I think the ATAKs sound good. At least on video they do. Plus they are a little cheaper lol.

Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Having driven behind one for an extended period, I really like it. I think it's louder than the Xtreme during normal driving, but the Xtreme is louder at WOT. I haven't ridden in one, but I believe you can hear it in the cabin more than the Corsa. Not drone as such, but more intrusion.

Question about the extremes if I start the car
In reverse will it be quieter on cold starts ? I usually just start and drive away
Nope, it's hella loud at cold start no matter what you try

markbehr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Having driven behind one for an extended period, I really like it. I think it's louder than the Xtreme during normal driving, but the Xtreme is louder at WOT. I haven't ridden in one, but I believe you can hear it in the cabin more than the Corsa. Not drone as such, but more intrusion.

But they are loud at WOT?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Accurate about the Borla systems. They're louder in normal driving and inside the car than the comparable corsa systems. They do also sound great.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros