Sponsored

Which cat-back? Corsa Extreme or Borla ATAK for my 2019 Mustang GT? (w/ active exhaust)

hewhochoseav8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Extreme cat-back or Borla ATAK cat-back for my 2019 Mustang GT Coupe Premium PP? If you have experienced either one, or own one, let me know why you chose what you did?
IMG_1583.jpg
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Corsa Extreme cat-back or Borla ATAK cat-back for my 2019 Mustang GT Coupe Premium PP? If you have experienced either one, or own one, let me know why you chose what you did?
IMG_1583.jpg
Corsa Xtreme sound awesome on stock but if ever thinking about going long tubes may want to consider options. I ended up having to add vibrant resonators on to tone it down some. Just personal experience.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
I just put the Borla Atak on my 19 GT yesterday. I tossed around that vs the Corsa Extreme and ultimately decided that I wanted a deeper tone. I also like that the Borla is a true quad exhaust whereas the Corsa has one outlet that branches off into quad tips. It seemed to me that a lot of cars in my area have some version of Corsa so I was trying to be a tad bit different. Not saying there aren’t many Borla people around but I run across Corsa a lot.

Since my car is magnetic and has the lights and windows tinted I kept the black theme up with the black chrome tips and it looks awesome.

Originally I was worried it wouldn’t be deep enough and have too much rasp because of the x-pipe included but so far it’s good. I still may have an h-pipe made to fit just to compare and contrast.

I do not have active exhaust on mine but I love how the Atak’s sound. Yes they’re loud. Yes I’ll be nutty to go LTH’s with them (but I’ll do it for a little bit just to see how it sounds).

I logged about 200 miles with them on a little trip out of town and there’s no drone. Overall I’m pleased and can’t wait to drive it again this week when it’s time to get the wheels changed.

OP
OP
hewhochoseav8

hewhochoseav8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Corsa Xtreme sound awesome on stock but if ever thinking about going long tubes may want to consider options. I ended up having to add vibrant resonators on to tone it down some. Just personal experience.
Do you have active exhaust?

OP
OP
hewhochoseav8

hewhochoseav8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just put the Borla Atak on my 19 GT yesterday. I tossed around that vs the Corsa Extreme and ultimately decided that I wanted a deeper tone. I also like that the Borla is a true quad exhaust whereas the Corsa has one outlet that branches off into quad tips. It seemed to me that a lot of cars in my area have some version of Corsa so I was trying to be a tad bit different. Not saying there aren’t many Borla people around but I run across Corsa a lot.

Since my car is magnetic and has the lights and windows tinted I kept the black theme up with the black chrome tips and it looks awesome.

Originally I was worried it wouldn’t be deep enough and have too much rasp because of the x-pipe included but so far it’s good. I still may have an h-pipe made to fit just to compare and contrast.

I do not have active exhaust on mine but I love how the Atak’s sound. Yes they’re loud. Yes I’ll be nutty to go LTH’s with them (but I’ll do it for a little bit just to see how it sounds).

I logged about 200 miles with them on a little trip out of town and there’s no drone. Overall I’m pleased and can’t wait to drive it again this week when it’s time to get the wheels changed.
Thanks for letting me hear about it, congrats! I was leaning hard Corsa but I do like that deeper tone so I think you have put me back in the middle. I hope I make the right decision, although everything can always be updated!

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
I was between these both too and I have leaned towards the Borla ATAK as well, the sound is just more guttural and boomy. Corsa sounds more on the 'european V8' style, think a Mercedes C63 AMG. Not a bad sound for sure, but wasn't what I was looking for in a mustang

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
From what I've read you may not want to get the Corsa with Active Exhaust. Quick search on here will show they have a major issue.

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Thanks for letting me hear about it, congrats! I was leaning hard Corsa but I do like that deeper tone so I think you have put me back in the middle. I hope I make the right decision, although everything can always be updated!
For sure - good luck on whichever route you take! And you're right you can always switch it up. You'd be able to sell it quickly to someone else.

OP
OP
hewhochoseav8

hewhochoseav8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For sure - good luck on whichever route you take! And you're right you can always switch it up. You'd be able to sell it quickly to someone else.
Yes, thanks!

OP
OP
hewhochoseav8

hewhochoseav8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
From what I've read you may not want to get the Corsa with Active Exhaust. Quick search on here will show they have a major issue.
Thanks i’ll check it out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
hewhochoseav8

hewhochoseav8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was between these both too and I have leaned towards the Borla ATAK as well, the sound is just more guttural and boomy. Corsa sounds more on the 'european V8' style, think a Mercedes C63 AMG. Not a bad sound for sure, but wasn't what I was looking for in a mustang
Exactly, more of a european “scream” with the Corsa, which I am very fond of since Im a huge exotic fan, but your right, why make a domestic sound like something it is not!

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
I find myself in the same boat as you, Borla is just down the road from my work so I might just drop by and see if I can hear the ATAK active system in person, but then I wont be able to compare it to the corsa until I hear that one... at the end of the day they both are going to sound and look great!

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
7 months with the Borla catback atak in my 2017 GT It sounds absolutely awesome and zero drone. It is deep and loud when you get on it. Sweet sound at all rpms.If you are looking for something like old hotrod sound this is the one.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a big Corsa fan, having had the Xtreme and Sport catbacks on my car. The Xtreme is a serious head-turner and there's nothing that can match the sound of it above 6000 rpm. It's raw, aggressive, exotic and to be fair is deeper than videos portray when you're really accelerating.

All that said, I just installed the Borla ATAK catback this week and I do think it's a better all around exhaust. It's deeper everywhere, and quite significantly so in the low and midrange. It's just as aggressive sounding overall, and while isn't quite as theatrical as the Xtreme at high rpm, it still screams and has a great tone. One thing that also surprised me is that it is quieter than even the Sport catback when cruising, and has zero drone. That they've been able to make it significantly deeper and keep truly zero drone leads me to say that Borla's vehicle-by-vehicle tuning of the multicore tubes in the ATAK mufflers is actually slightly better than Corsa's RSC for drone mitigation. It's quite remarkable.

In the end, they're both amazing exhausts, and are of very high quality. I wouldn't fault you for buying either. My build thread had a in-car video I just made with the ATAK, and below is my favorite video that captures the Xtreme sound accurately.

Sponsored