Edgemere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edge
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Greetings,

I have a 2022 Mustang GT Premium and I have already done a X-Pipe, resonator delete. It really improved the exhaust sound, but I want a bit more. I am on board with the Borla Axle back mufflers, but undecided on which one to go with. I want it it a bit louder and a bit deeper, so do I go with the Touring mufflers or S-Type mufflers? I do not want it to be obnoxious and have to deal with any drone. So, my question is, are the Borla Touring mufflers louder then the Mustang GT stock mufflers? If they are equal, then it would only make sense to go with the S-Type mufflers. I really like the look of the Borla mufflers and I have had them on other cars. Does anyone out there have a resonator delete with Borla Axle back mufflers, and which ones do you have?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.................
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
S Type is my favorite Borla exhaust. It’s got the right amount of loud and a fantastic tone IMO. Borla exhausts do not drone either, so whichever one you go with you’ll be fine.

With your X Pipe, you would basically have the same setup as their full catback system (also uses an X pipe). Any YouTube videos you watch/listen to with the full catback will sound basically identical to what your setup would sound like. If I were to go full aftermarket catback setup on my car, it would be the S Type without a doubt.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
S Type is my favorite Borla exhaust. It’s got the right amount of loud and a fantastic tone IMO. Borla exhausts do not drone either, so whichever one you go with you’ll be fine.

With your X Pipe, you would basically have the same setup as their full catback system (also uses an X pipe). Any YouTube videos you watch/listen to with the full catback will sound basically identical to what your setup would sound like. If I were to go full aftermarket catback setup on my car, it would be the S Type without a doubt.
Agree with Mags. I had Borla S type on a C6 I used to have and it was the perfect balance of performance sound and not pissing off the neighbors.

Sketcham

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Vert orange fury
I recently installed an S type cat back system and love it. Civilized when cruising and authoritative when you hit the gas. Cold starts are pretty loud but calms down pretty quick.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
S type is my favorite, I got the full cat back which couples an X pipe and the S type axle back system. If you get Touring axle back, you basically have an S type anyway as the Touring cat back is pretty much an S type with a Borla Resonator in place of the X pipe. My vote is S type, especially if you keep stock exhaust manifolds. Now if you get Long Tubes, all bets are off :) Mine is WAY louder now with Long Tubes, still has a great tone just much more volume...

Sponsored

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
I took a different approach to this. I would get an exhaust setup and wish it were louder in the hot season and quieter in the cold. I got the ATAK’s and have an H pipe, and a Borla resonated H pipe. Gives me the ability to be as civilized as I choose. Then of course it’s “active” so I have some adjustability By the way… an H pipe + headers + ATAK sounds wicked! When I put the resonated H pipe on I feel like it’s potentially quieter than stock until WOT. I was NOT a fan of catless ATAK with the X pipe.

Last edited:

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
S type axleback with stock resonator can make my ears ring with the windows down at full throttle so it's definitely gonna be loud with your resonator delete. Sounds fantastic though.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
Greetings,

I have a 2022 Mustang GT Premium and I have already done a X-Pipe, resonator delete. It really improved the exhaust sound, but I want a bit more. I am on board with the Borla Axle back mufflers, but undecided on which one to go with. I want it it a bit louder and a bit deeper, so do I go with the Touring mufflers or S-Type mufflers? I do not want it to be obnoxious and have to deal with any drone. So, my question is, are the Borla Touring mufflers louder then the Mustang GT stock mufflers? If they are equal, then it would only make sense to go with the S-Type mufflers. I really like the look of the Borla mufflers and I have had them on other cars. Does anyone out there have a resonator delete with Borla Axle back mufflers, and which ones do you have?

Thanks.................
I would go with a Nxt Step axle back. Any Borla with your set up is gonna be too loud and too raspy imho

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took a different approach to this. I would get an exhaust setup and wish it were louder in the hot season and quieter in the cold. I got the ATAK’s and have an H pipe, and a Borla resonated H pipe. Gives me the ability to be as civilized as I choose. Then of course it’s “active” so I have some adjustability By the way… an H pipe + headers + ATAK sounds wicked! When I put the resonated H pipe on I feel like it’s potentially quieter than stock until WOT. I was NOT a fan of catless ATAK with the X pipe.
I dont understand the logic re: hot and cold season?

ToxicOverwatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado- extremely stock
I dont understand the logic re: hot and cold season?
I drive my car in the winter, but it might as well be a Prius. If I can’t play, I’d rather it be quiet.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ooooh I see what you mean now.

Racer5973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Greetings,

Thanks.................
Touring
Sponsored