OP
OP
Ricky218

Ricky218

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I guess when your tomb stone reads "here lies a person that could never be satisfied with his speed, after he wiped out that family on the sidewalk we scraped his remans off the building and here he lies".
Death and killing people, yes, that happens but that would be a driver that lacks the skill to understand what he's doing and not aware of whats going on around him/her.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
well, unfortunately I have found that level of "too much" with my 04 cobra. the car makes over 800rwhp and 760tq, and it hits nearly instantly with the whipple and e85. Yes, I COULD make the car hook straight line better by going solid axle, 90/10s and drag springs ect...but I have minimal mods on the irs, k-member/coilovers/swaybars/subframes, stock half shafts, and on nitto nto5rs. it drives infinitely better than it did from the factory, can corner on any twisty road with ease, and still can dead hook from a 25mph roll if conditions are perfect. this is a PURE STREET car, every stock creature comfort, it will never see the track because I have a turbo drag car specifically for that.

heres the problem tho, I have come to realize that the car was more fun when it had 600rwhp. with 600 I could beat on the car as hard as I wanted(I drive my cars HARD), throw it sideways, power shift it, launch it hard, and it was always within "control". nothing really broke(besides the t56) now, the car seems to run out of road real quick, and before I know it im doing 155 at the top of 4th and needing to stop in a hurry. don't get me wrong, its much quicker, and there isn't much on the street that will come close to it in a highway run, but the chassis feels like its finally being overpowered by the motor, and now I have to take away from the nice "street car" aspects(by adding drag suspension and losing handling, a cage, slicks or drag radials, ect.) to make it handle the power properly. thankfully, I have a 700rwhp pulley/tune im throwing on that should make things a bit better.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
SMH....idiot. It's one thing to mess yourself up but that poor guy in the dodge and the other mustang owner. That's perfect lawsuit material right there.
most recent quote from youtube video :
That goofball went full panic mode and stiff legged the throttle. He shouldn't be driving anything but a bicycle.

that was first thing I thought when I saw this video. Full throttle all the way to impact

People are unpredictable in panic mode

Youtube comment is a little harsh, but I recommend for his next car - 4 cylinder NA. How about a Honda Fit, manual transmission ? :eek:

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
No offense, but that video doesnt answer anything. Ignorant, immature people can be dangerous with a butter knife..let alone a powerful car.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
No offense, but that video doesnt answer anything. Ignorant, immature people can be dangerous with a butter knife..let alone a powerful car.
It was obviously too much HP for him with immaturity and skill factored in. Maybe 150 HP might have worked out better for that guy. So "too much HP" is based on many factors. :D

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
It was obviously too much HP for him with immaturity and skill factored in. Maybe 150 HP might have worked out better for that guy. So "too much HP" is based on many factors. :D
Idk, 150hp may even be pushing it for that "cool guy":crazy:

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
well if you're always going to be trying to "out do" the next guy it'll never be enough. you gotta drive the car for you and not just trying to keep up with the jones's. its all just useless power if it's a weekend car and sits in the garage. better to be enjoying something as often as you can.

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
435hp got boring quickly...so I'd imagine that any power level short of top fuel may get old.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
Over 5.2 million lb/ft = just enough.

Last edited:

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
1st world problems lol
+1

I too find this particularly confusing. This car stock makes more power than anything I've owned (factory stock) and is a blast to drive. I got my car in Aug. 2015, and have not even done a burnout with it, and have only done a few WOT runs. I continually find myself heading to the FI section on these forums and find myself longing for a Roush or Whipple. Will I ever use the 600+WHP? Probably not. Will that kind of power get me in trouble with the law? Probably yes. So logically, I know I don't really NEED this, but man would it be fun to have.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Death and killing people, yes, that happens but that would be a driver that lacks the skill to understand what he's doing and not aware of whats going on around him/her.
Having a high power machine requires a higher amount of responsibility. Displays of power on public streets with others around is irresponsible. One should do this stuff w/o others around so that if stuff happens, you only kill yourself, IMHO.:cheers:
Sponsored