Sponsored

When does Ford pull orders?

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Does anyone have an idea when Ford will start pulling orders from dealerships with allocations that many of us have placed? I assume production has yet to start?
Sponsored

FourStangs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
67 GT500, 68 GT500 Convertible, 69 Boss 429, 70 Mach 1, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Production starts September 9th

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
I've been trying to find out the same exact thing. But I don't think anyone on this site can get that ever elusive info. Orders received??? How many orders have asked for the Painted Stripes???

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Based on past experience, ordering a a vehicle from Ford is so nebulous that even the dealers don't really know what's going on most of the time.

Sponsored

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
Does anyone have an idea when Ford will start pulling orders from dealerships with allocations that many of us have placed? I assume production has yet to start?
Most generally, when a Order is assigned for production, a Vin is given and actual production date is given. It’s usually 2 weeks after vin # was assigned.
People should start getting Vin#’s the last week of August. September 9th is start of production

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Most generally, when a Order is assigned for production, a Vin is given and actual production date is given. It’s usually 2 weeks after vin # was assigned.
People should start getting Vin#’s the last week of August. September 9th is start of production
Except it's rarely that cut and dried. I've ordered several new Fords over the past 20 years, and each one was sort of a weird experience where I didn't know where I stood at times. Other makes are better in this regard.

For example, in the most recent case, I ordered my '15 GT on 1/2/15. Car was serialized and scheduled on 1/15/15. The car was finally bucked and built on 3/4/15, and released on 3/11/15. I took delivery on 4/3/15. The car was built 48 production days behind schedule. It drove me nuts, but it was winter so I wasn't going to be driving it anyway, so nothing to do but wait.

From what I've been able to gather, the most common reason for such production delays is a forecasted part shortage and where you fall into that has an effect on when you end up with the car. It seems to me there were shortages for one of the PP-related parts on my '15, I vaguely recall reading something on the forum. Beyond that, mine sat in the holding lot at FRAP for a week and took forever for it to make its way to MN, a short trip.

Other times, it's been as quick as five or six weeks total or thereabouts....

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
When you get a VIN, you can view the window sticker online. That will have a blend date, or a born on date, when most of the manufacturing is complete. The blend date is usually pretty accurate, however things like CF wheels, stripes, etc are all added on after the fact by other departments. When the car is finished, the next hurdle is a shipping date. I have seen cars sit on the holding lot in flat rock for very long periods. There is no rushing the process, you just have to be patient.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Strokerswild , that is why I say most generally. I have ordered multiple cars from ford and yes I’ve had the delay, but most generally that’s how it goes.
And Tomster is correct once vin is issued The window sticker blend date is usually very accurate, except and conditions he mentioned.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
I’d also like to add, just because you placed an order on 1st day banks opened doesn’t mean your car will be built 1st. I have no idea how ford uses a procedure to pull orders .

Sponsored

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
Good luck with a Shelby, Ford can't even keep track of my lowly PP2 that is suppose to arrive at my dealer tomorrow. The Ford rep can only say "It is being held up but they don't know why". I can't imagine the potential hold ups with all the special parts on a GT500.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Good luck with a Shelby, Ford can't even keep track of my lowly PP2 that is suppose to arrive at my dealer tomorrow. The Ford rep can only say "It is being held up but they don't know why". I can't imagine the potential hold ups with all the special parts on a GT500.
Is it in transit or on ford assembly lot? Once a vehicle goes into transit they are no longer trackable By ford. Then you must go through the company transporting it, either semi or railroad.

armsdealer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue Mustang GT Premium PP2
Is it in transit or on ford assembly lot? Once a vehicle goes into transit they are no longer trackable By ford. Then you must go through the company transporting it, either semi or railroad.
Primary Status "In Production" Status "Trimline", been like that for a month now.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I’d also like to add, just because you placed an order on 1st day banks opened doesn’t mean your car will be built 1st. I have no idea how ford uses a procedure to pull orders .
Correct. Priority codes seem to have little to no effect also.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
Primary Status "In Production" Status "Trimline", been like that for a month now.
That really sucks. When I ordered my 350 It also went into production, then just disappeared for like a month. I thought maybe someone had ran into it with a forklift or something LOL. You will get your car be patient.
Sponsored