Sponsored

Does Ford offer drop shipping?

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Does Ford offer drop shipping on the Shelby? I’d like to try and have the vehicle delivered to another state rather than transporting if possible. Anyone ever had this done?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No they dont, however depending on the dealership(s), you can arrange a courtesy delivery.

Bigger markets that charge large ADMs dont take kindly to someone buying out of state and having the car delivered to them. Some have even gone so far as to refuse service if the car wasn't bought by them.

I wouldn't dick around with trying to do this on the cheap. Find a reliable closed carrier and ship the car yourself.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
No they dont, however depending on the dealership(s), you can arrange a courtesy delivery.

Bigger markets that charge large ADMs dont take kindly to someone buying out of state and having the car delivered to them. Some have even gone so far as to refuse service if the car wasn't bought by them.

I wouldn't dick around with trying to do this on the cheap. Find a reliable closed carrier and ship the car yourself.
I remember reading about this back in 2015 when I ordered my Shelby. I believe some were able to but don’t know if it was a courtesy delivery or drop ship.

Didn’t know dealers can refuse service for a vehicle in warranty. Can’t you just report them? But either way, I have 4 dealerships nearby that can service if one were to refuse.

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
My car shows shipped today. Going to New York first then i need to get it shipped to California. Who have you guys used for shipping?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I remember reading about this back in 2015 when I ordered my Shelby. I believe some were able to but don’t know if it was a courtesy delivery or drop ship.

Didn’t know dealers can refuse service for a vehicle in warranty. Can’t you just report them? But either way, I have 4 dealerships nearby that can service if one were to refuse.
You are probably right, they are not supposed to refuse service, but I have read stories where they do.

About your shipping, Ford doesnt drop ship. A courtesy delivery or ship it yourself I'm afraid. I dont think they can reroute a car to somewhere other than the purchasing dealership. Maybe I'm wrong, but I dont think so.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
My car shows shipped today. Going to New York first then i need to get it shipped to California. Who have you guys used for shipping?
Most shipping companies dont come when you call. It sometimes requires a week or two to schedule.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Most shipping companies dont come when you call. It sometimes requires a week or two to schedule.
Funny I asked this exact question to the dealer I am getting mine from, they are 40 mins away in another state, and they told me they cant (probably wont), so its either third party, I tow it myself, drive it, or I pay my friend who owns a auto body and has a flat bed, haven't decided yet. On the other hand, I do have experience with third party shippers. When I bought my C6 vette from a dealership in Texas back in '14 I had to find a third party shipper. after I purchased it the dealer was patient enough for it to get picked up, after I bought it 4 days later I had it picked up in a closed carrier. And I got such a wide range of pricing, but in the end the cheapest I got it shipped from Texas to my front door in NJ was $1500, open carrier is about $600 back then.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Funny I asked this exact question to the dealer I am getting mine from, they are 40 mins away in another state, and they told me they cant (probably wont), so its either third party, I tow it myself, drive it, or I pay my friend who owns a auto body and has a flat bed, haven't decided yet. On the other hand, I do have experience with third party shippers. When I bought my C6 vette from a dealership in Texas back in '14 I had to find a third party shipper. after I purchased it the dealer was patient enough for it to get picked up, after I bought it 4 days later I had it picked up in a closed carrier. And I got such a wide range of pricing, but in the end the cheapest I got it shipped from Texas to my front door in NJ was $1500, open carrier is about $600 back then.
Yes, I paid about a grand and a half to ship one of my Rs from Missouri to Florida. It ain't cheap. For anyone else considering shipping, dont cheap out on an open carrier.

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Yes, I paid about a grand and a half to ship one of my Rs from Missouri to Florida. It ain't cheap. For anyone else considering shipping, dont cheap out on an open carrier.
I found a private carrier through U-ship. Got my car shipped from Ohio to Miami, FL for $950 enclosed trailer.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I found a private carrier through U-ship. Got my car shipped from Ohio to Miami, FL for $950 enclosed trailer.
Be very careful, Seems UShip is a broker or hub for shippers and have no responsibility if something happens to your "items". Reading a lot of bad reviews, so do your due diligence, after spending that much on a car I wouldn't try and skimp out a few bucks to ensure it gets to you as it should. Good Luck!

OP
OP

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Be very careful, Seems UShip is a broker or hub for shippers and have no responsibility if something happens to your "items". Reading a lot of bad reviews, so do your due diligence, after spending that much on a car I wouldn't try and skimp out a few bucks to ensure it gets to you as it should. Good Luck!
I already used the company. Turned out great and got to me very fast.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Must be a US thing Tom. My local Ford Performance dealer said they do drop shipments to other dealers and receive drop shipments from other dealers all the time. I didn't buy my R from them but they were quite willing to accept the delivery of my R from the factory and were only going to charge $250.00 for the PDI. Unfortunately it was the selling dealer in another province that balked at the drop delivery and insisted that the factory deliver to them. So what would have cost me $250 extra for PDI ending up costing me $1500 to ship, and another another 3 week wait for the car.

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2017 Expedition, 2019 Honda Civic
A dealer can charge anything they want to do a courtesy delivery. So if you decide to do this make sure you get it in writing first.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

That makes little to zero sense, considering the bulk of dealer profits, is in service.
Sponsored