Wheel lug torque

LowPSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 RTR Series 1
14mm studs require 150 lb-ft when dry. I re-torque every track day.

This is very basic. Ford built the car and they spec 150 lb-ft. Emotions and "opinions" should not factor into something this fundamental.

Metric-Bolt-Reference-Torque-Chart-Class-8.8-Class-10.9-Class-12.9.jpg

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
This is very basic. Ford built the car and they spec 150 lb-ft. Emotions and "opinions" should not factor into something this fundamental.
Exactly. The fact people debate this is crazy. I don't question fords torque specs for the rod bolts lmao

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1

Just out of curiosity - Class 10.9 (and the other classes) do mean what exactly?

Sponsored

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack

FYI, S550 lug nuts are M14 x 1.5 (which may not change the torque) but I agree with your statement. I know OP Mustang has sold some in the past they recommended less but that was due to the coating which I believe was similar to the idea of using less torque with anti-seize. So those might be an exception.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I know OP Mustang has sold some in the past they recommended less but that was due to the coating which I believe was similar to the idea of using less torque with anti-seize. So those might be an exception.
Correct, surface coatings can change the friction. I have those OP Mustang studs on the front, stock studs on the rear and so the car gets different torque values depending on the axle.
Sponsored