What's your modding route/goals?

jjsotolongo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Personally I'm thinking a tune, intercooler, and catch can.

Then suspension and good rubber. You can blow the stock rears off with 200lbs of torque easily, let alone the close to 400 a tune gives you.

Tires were actually the first thing I did to my current car, and made the most drastic change in capability.
Sponsored

Bomicino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
15 ecoboost
A balanced package for sure. Everything that responds to inputs has a lot of room for improvement. Did springs and wheels/tires. Took care of the poor shift feel with a mount, fluid, knob and clutch line. Woke it up with MAP I/C and tune, threw in the boomba adapter to satisfy the noise department. I'd like to go big turbo, but all of the unknowns (and some of the knows) are honestly making me hesitant moving forward with this platform. It's one of the slower cars I've owned, and part of me thinks a LS3 vette would have been better at the sports car/high MPG. Not bashing the car, I'm very tempted to do downpipe/intake E30 tune and see if that gets rid of my doubts.

EcoBoostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is a daily...

1. Catch Can (UPR sitting in the garage now)
2. BOV
3. Lowering Springs
4. Ford Pro Cal (when it comes out laster this year)
5. Intercooler
6. Exhaust/CAI

PhantomSteed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium PP
Current: Oil Catch Can, JLT CAI
1 Month: MAP Intercooler, Charge Pipes, Turbosmart BOV, and MAP catback
1 Year: Tune--Either Ford Racing tune or just give in and go MAP (Cause Adam is Awesome!).
2 Years: Steeda IRS Package
3 Years: Lighter and bigger wheels and Michilen Super Sports
5 Years: Change out the turbo for something a little bigger but keeping the factory position.
:cheers:

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Mine is a daily also that will never see the track. I have a supercharged 06GT that's plenty fast. Sounds like several others here I first attacked the suspension with a full Steeda complement. The Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace should arrive today according to tracking and will install tomorrow. The swaybars with billet mounts and progressive lower springs get installed Monday. I've already installed the IRS Subframe Bushing Support System, IRS Subframe Alignment Kit and Billet Aluminum Vertical Links which have completely eliminated wheel hop adding no NVH.

I added the Mishimoto oil catch can, to me that was a no-brainer for protection. I want to do an intercooler and am torn between the Mishimoto and the MAP. Both are the fit and form I'm looking for. I like that MAP didn't finish theirs, the IT geek in me has an issue with painting an intercooler (I'm only talking about the cooling fins). I really like the air diverter that Mishimoto engineered into the end tanks though.

For power, I'd like to just go with a tune that gets me as close to my 400hp/400tq goal WITH good power under the curve. I'd like to not have the power and tq completely fall off. The best I've seen for that so far is MAP. Looking at Adam's dyno charts, I firmly believe he has this application figured out the best. I just want to run a 93 tune, no mixing a witches brew every time I fill up which is at least twice a week.

I think there is very little to gain with CAIs on this car. Ford did a decent job at getting cooler air to the intake. I like the idea of the green filter as a drop in the stock air box Adam at MAP mentioned. A little less restriction for my goals will be plenty. I definitely do not want to amplify that noise!

I also don't believe there is much at all to gain with a cat-back. I think for honest people, that is for sound tuning. The only thing I'd consider there is a little lower but not louder sound. I'd consider a downpipe but not sure how it would improve on the stock as I need it to have a high-flow cat and I'd like to retain the flex. I don't know if the high-flow cat will open it up enough to warrant the change.

Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Mine is a daily also that will never see the track. I have a supercharged 06GT that's plenty fast. Sounds like several others here I first attacked the suspension with a full Steeda complement. The Extreme G-Trac K-Member Brace should arrive today according to tracking and will install tomorrow. The swaybars with billet mounts and progressive lower springs get installed Monday. I've already installed the IRS Subframe Bushing Support System, IRS Subframe Alignment Kit and Billet Aluminum Vertical Links which have completely eliminated wheel hop adding no NVH.

I added the Mishimoto oil catch can, to me that was a no-brainer for protection. I want to do an intercooler and am torn between the Mishimoto and the MAP. Both are the fit and form I'm looking for. I like that MAP didn't finish theirs, the IT geek in me has an issue with painting an intercooler (I'm only talking about the cooling fins). I really like the air diverter that Mishimoto engineered into the end tanks though.

For power, I'd like to just go with a tune that gets me as close to my 400hp/400tq goal WITH good power under the curve. I'd like to not have the power and tq completely fall off. The best I've seen for that so far is MAP. Looking at Adam's dyno charts, I firmly believe he has this application figured out the best. I just want to run a 93 tune, no mixing a witches brew every time I fill up which is at least twice a week.

I think there is very little to gain with CAIs on this car. Ford did a decent job at getting cooler air to the intake. I like the idea of the green filter as a drop in the stock air box Adam at MAP mentioned. A little less restriction for my goals will be plenty. I definitely do not want to amplify that noise!

I also don't believe there is much at all to gain with a cat-back. I think for honest people, that is for sound tuning. The only thing I'd consider there is a little lower but not louder sound. I'd consider a downpipe but not sure how it would improve on the stock as I need it to have a high-flow cat and I'd like to retain the flex. I don't know if the high-flow cat will open it up enough to warrant the change.
I think Adam said in another post that the power difference between a catless and catted pipe would be about 5hp at best. If you look at the thread with the P1 upgrades he gained almost 20HP with just the catback, no other modifications. So there definitely is something to gain with a catback

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT

I don't see anyone getting to 400hp/400tq without touching the exhaust or intake even if the gains are relatively small in comparison to the investment. I'd say you should get one of the big turbo kits to reach that goal

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Yea Adam is good but 400/400 won't happen with the stock turbo.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Ultimate weekend car/ HPDE track car

It's almost there.
In the next month the car will have a larger intercooler, radiator and turbo kit.

Next thing after that is more weight reduction, coilovers and some aero!

So far I am really happy with the platform as it sits other than its cooling

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Thanks for the replies guys. I don't mean to say I'm waiting for a tune only solution that will get me to 400/400 just as close as I can get. That would be utopia, I'll settle for the Caribbean. Somewhere around 350.

I looked at cat-backs but I just really don't want to exaggerate that noise. The closest I've heard was the Magnaflow street I think, whichever was the quietest. It sounded a little lower but I'm just worried it will still be too loud.

Sponsored

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
Mine will remain fairly stock for quite a while. Right now my only performance mod is the MAP intake. Future "plans" go like this:
Short term plans
Ford Racing tune
MAP IC and charge pipes
MAP turbo back exhaust w/ vatted DP
Longer term plans (probably around the time my warranty is up and I have another daily driver)
Big turbo kit
Built motor and upgraded head

Suspension wise I really don't want to lower the car. But, I may do sway bars and some upgraded dampers, maybe even coilovers at some point.
I'm actually pretty happy with my wheels, but want to add some spacers. I'll eventually upgrade the tires once these wear out.
I've done some simple appearance mods (roof wrap, interior pieces) and will probably do a few more (engine dress up mostly)

I think this plan will give me a nice looking, fun to drive daily driver that I can take to a car show from time to time. Once it's not my daily driver I can go crazy on it :)

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I wish I could sit here and say I'm going to do a built motor, monster turbo setup and run 9's but the reality is it will probably stay stock for a couple years and then just be a tune with bolt ons. That is assuming I even get the Mustang because right now a Fusion is looking like the most probable route for me.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
1) Bolt-ons - check
2) Built motor - in progress
3) Upgraded turbo - in progress
4) Everything else - as my wife allows

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I've decided to wait and see if and how Ford reacts to the new Camaro. If DI and 10 spd are avail for the Coyote in '17, I'll prob go that route. If not, I figure I can save a little money and pick up a slightly used base auto EB.

My intent is DD as well. Something that gets better mpgs and has better interstate manners than my Tacoma. Almost bought a Boss in '12...that car w/ a tune and exhaust would satisfy me for a fun daily, so I figure an EB w/ a touch over 400 rwhp would do it for me.

I kinda want a car w/ the base 17s, Eibach Pro Kit, and a turbo kit. Hit the hp goal, then maybe a set of wheels, bellypan, and build a center exit exhaust w/ a proper diffuser.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Hoping to do wheels and tires next summer.

My overall goal is to have a fun DD, as I work too much. 400HP or so with a water/meth kit to keep the motor clean and intake temps low for when I want to up the juice. Ideally will have a semi built motor or at the very least a ported head with head studs, slightly bigger turbo, downpipe, intake, FMIC, and a catch can for engine mods.

Suspension will come before that though, as the car is already plenty fast. I am eyeing the Cobra fenders and hood presently. Might get an Outlaw spoiler too.
Sponsored