Sponsored

What's your modding route/goals?

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
Drive it much as I possibly can. Bone stock. It's already a fun dd imo. Hopefully that driving is done on my way to fun places.
Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
I've decided to wait and see if and how Ford reacts to the new Camaro. If DI and 10 spd are avail for the Coyote in '17, I'll prob go that route. If not, I figure I can save a little money and pick up a slightly used base auto EB.

My intent is DD as well. Something that gets better mpgs and has better interstate manners than my Tacoma. Almost bought a Boss in '12...that car w/ a tune and exhaust would satisfy me for a fun daily, so I figure an EB w/ a touch over 400 rwhp would do it for me.

I kinda want a car w/ the base 17s, Eibach Pro Kit, and a turbo kit. Hit the hp goal, then maybe a set of wheels, bellypan, and build a center exit exhaust w/ a proper diffuser.
There's always something better coming down the pike. I'll be enjoying my ecoboost and if Ford drops a totally awesome 17 on us then I'll trade in my ecoboost. At that point I'll have driven my ecoboost for a couple years and can somewhat justify an upgrade. Even though I'm not married these days so I only have to answer to myself.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
There's always something better coming down the pike. I'll be enjoying my ecoboost and if Ford drops a totally awesome 17 on us then I'll trade in my ecoboost. At that point I'll have driven my ecoboost for a couple years and can somewhat justify an upgrade. Even though I'm not married these days so I only have to answer to myself.
After DI and 8+ speed transmissions, I don't think there will be many more substantial jumps in performance/efficiency for a while. I'd like to see compression ignition applied to regular gasoline, but we're a long way from that. I don't care too much about tech or amenities, so the latest Sync or luxury items don't impress me. I also prefer to only buy once and not take a hit on depreciation/trade in.

In my opinion, some things are worth waiting for...and if they don't come to fruition, f it, I've put more $ in the bank in the interim.
Sponsored