Sponsored

What's your modding route/goals?

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I see people jumping on the turbo upgrades like hot cakes but you can only make so much power before actually working on suspension and building the engine you're slapping a turbo on BUT everyone has different goals with the car as well, but the turbo itself can be more efficient and run more power on a safer "base" aka block.

What I'm trying to say is that my mods list after full bolt-ons are:

• Suspension(already lowered w/ 315s so I can put the power down, thinking of driving down to Steeda and they can slap on a full suspension)

• Building the engine(valvesprings, rods, pistons, etc)

• Turbo upgrade

It seems like most people are simply going straight to the turbo upgrade but you're limited to what you can run on stock internals. I'm just patiently waiting for more companies to work on building this block since this is a new platform it may take some time but I'm not worried. My goal is 500rwhp

What's your modding route/goals? *This thread is not for the I'm too scared to mod because of my warranty folks":D
Sponsored

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Suspension! I bought the premium without the performance package. Too often I find myself coming into curves a bit hot. I think the car has a little too much power for the base suspension.

OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Suspension! I bought the premium without the performance package. Too often I find myself coming into curves a bit hot. I think the car has a little too much power for the base suspension.
Lowering it made the car handle so much better, it used to be so airy I felt I was driving a sedan! then going from 235s all around to 255f/315r also helped tremendously.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Suspension as well, especially needed now since the tune. Love the tune but this non PP can't handle it.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I see people jumping on the turbo upgrades like hot cakes but you can only make so much power before actually working on suspension and building the engine you're slapping a turbo on BUT everyone has different goals with the car as well, but the turbo itself can be more efficient and run more power on a safer "base" aka block.

What I'm trying to say is that my mods list after full bolt-ons are:

• Suspension(already lowered w/ 315s so I can put the power down, thinking of driving down to Steeda and they can slap on a full suspension)

• Building the engine(valvesprings, rods, pistons, etc)

• Turbo upgrade

It seems like most people are simply going straight to the turbo upgrade but you're limited to what you can run on stock internals. I'm just patiently waiting for more companies to work on building this block since this is a new platform it may take some time but I'm not worried. My goal is 500rwhp

What's your modding route/goals? *This thread is not for the I'm too scared to mod because of my warranty folks":D
Awesome, would be happy to install our suspension goodies for you! Just let me know :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'07 A4, '19 Ram Rebel
I cover weaknesses first, then go for power

Question is which intercooler to go for next, it was so easy to decide who to go for with my Audi xD (JHMotorsports all the way except for whatever they didn't make)

jc1804

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 50th Race red
For me things will go REAL slow, the great part of all this is that that I have a F250 van that I drive for work & I take it home. So the COMPLETELY stock EB is Way better then the van. but would love to do a lot to mine as well.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
I wish I could eliminate all of the tire spin off the line, shifting to 2nd, and shifting to 3rd... I've heard good things about the michelin pilot super sport tires, that might be my next upgrade.

OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I cover weaknesses first, then go for power

Question is which intercooler to go for next, it was so easy to decide who to go for with my Audi xD (JHMotorsports all the way except for whatever they didn't make)
Cheapest will be Mishimoto right now, you can't go wrong with any of them, they are all really great with zero complaints, I went with the Levels Performance myself because it's rated for 600 hp and I want to be around 500 rwhp, plus install was a breeze and I love the design.

For me things will go REAL slow, the great part of all this is that that I have a F250 van that I drive for work & I take it home. So the COMPLETELY stock EB is Way better then the van. but would love to do a lot to mine as well.
I drive a 2014 ct200h f-sport sometimes(informal second car) and it's night and day every single time, I totally get what you mean though.

I wish I could eliminate all of the tire spin off the line, shifting to 2nd, and shifting to 3rd... I've heard good things about the michelin pilot super sport tires, that might be my next upgrade.
I went with Nitto Motivos and I have no tire spin unless it's on purpose. It hooks great!:D Had nt555s before or something like that and those were terrible. The michelins are too expensive for me

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Honestly this is the most powerful car I've owned. I would just like to go for a tune + boltons and leave it at that. Not really into lowering the suspension or anything like that. Most id probably do on that front is change tires (MPSS)

Sponsored

Impulsed7

HPDE Champion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
EB PP track rat...
Long term goal : 9 to 1 or better power to weight, with a big beefy powerband and track ready yet somewhat comfortable coilovers.

Short term goal: 50/50 weight distribution (battery is going in the trunk), lighter front rotors with track pads all around(september), MAP tune.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Run mid 11's on a sticky tire/low 12s on street tires and drive daily.

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea tune and full bolt ons will be fine for me. Just some light suspension mods. I don't want to drop it though because right now it's at the perfect height where the splitter clears curbs. Drop it and then you have to worry when u park

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Yea tune and full bolt ons will be fine for me. Just some light suspension mods. I don't want to drop it though because right now it's at the perfect height where the splitter clears curbs. Drop it and then you have to worry when u park
After I lowered my Skyline I told my wife she needs to hit me if I ever think about lowering a car again. I think my old age is kicking in, but I'm tired of worrying about steep entrances, bumps, and curbs that I can't lower another daily.
Sponsored