Whats "reasonably priced" for GT500s

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
He's a known troll on this board. Just ignore him.
No, Matt's not actually a troll. He actually helps a lot of folks on this forum. But you might know him by his other names........Mr. Negative, Mr Sarcastic, or Mr. Obnoxious.

Who loves you baby!!!!!! :cwl::crackup::cwl::crackup:
Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
No, Matt's not actually a troll. He actually helps a lot of folks on this forum. But you might know him by his other names........Mr. Negative, Mr Sarcastic, or Mr. Obnoxious.

Well he CERTAINLY doesn't help anyone in the GT500 section, lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Well he CERTAINLY doesn't help anyone in the GT500 section, lol.
I'll cop to that - RE GT500 valuations.

Market distortions show up on all kinds of places but they eventually come out. Maybe it's time for GT500 to have the wind come out of their sails. I couldn't say. Maybe it'll be September, maybe never. I simply post what historical norms suggest the pricing should be around. Not that it WILL BE. Because if I could predict the future, I'd be one rich SOB.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
The reality on these cars and the 350ā€™s is most think there are many available to chose from. The pool gets real small real quick when you start narrowing down to what you want. Iā€™ll leave alone the comparison of a whippled gt to a 500, its apples and oranges. Its been stated at nauseum at this point that the market will crash, yada yada yada. It hasnā€™t happened and the values have stayed pretty solid. It does make it more difficult if your out looking for a deal. Its not to say you canā€˜t find a deal, but the reality is moat likely different. If you think you want one of the cars, try to find one you can drive and go from there. Worrying about a few grand is probably less important then finding the spec you want. One thing to consider is if the values stay solid, which they probably will, the flip side is if you do purchase the depreciation will be minimal. The other is wait till the Darkhorse comes out, its going to be in the same msrp range is a 500, and thats a no brainer between the two in my opinion.

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Having test driven and 350R and 500 a couple weeks ago back to back (and being an owner of a GT), the Shelbyā€™s are so much more than an engine (and a blower in the case of the 500). Are you paying up a bit for the Shelby name, yeah probably but the same can be said for other high performance names. The Shelbyā€™s handle so much better than a GT and itā€™s hard to replicate that without spending a bunch of money. Not to mentioned that everything within the car is tuned to take advantage of all the physical components, so everything works together in beautiful harmony. So while prices are ā€œhighā€, IMO youā€™re getting a lot of performance for your dollar.

The pricing is what it is. Either you pay it or you donā€™t but when I looked over the weekend there were less than 500 total GT500ā€™s (new and used) on both cars.com and CarGurus. Thatā€™s what keeps the pricing where itā€™s at. People still want these cars and thereā€™s not many available. I made an offer on the R I drove at less than ask but still over original sticker and it was declined. So that tells me they believe theyā€™ll get their price (and they likely will). Just my opinions as someone who is also in the market for either a 350 or 500.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

No, he's a troll...

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I wanted to like the 650s but I just can't lol. I really like how they did the tail end of them with the trunk/deck lid but I don't care for the rest. The out of place screen, the plastic under the headlights...

I'd still rather take a gt500 over that. I'm curious to see if they turn out a 650 version of the 500 and see how that is.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I wanted to like the 650s but I just can't lol. I really like how they did the tail end of them with the trunk/deck lid but I don't care for the rest. The out of place screen, the plastic under the headlights...

I'd still rather take a gt500 over that. I'm curious to see if they turn out a 650 version of the 500 and see how that is.
Considering you are posting in a GT500 forum Iā€™d suggest leaving the S650 out of your posts. You can head over to M7G for that.

So are you currently looking at GT 500ā€™s or are you going to SC your GT?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Iā€™m not a fan of the new S650, but weā€™ll see when its actually released. Its very camaroesque to me. They hit it out of the park with the styling on the 350 and 500.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Considering you are posting in a GT500 forum Iā€™d suggest leaving the S650 out of your posts. You can head over to M7G for that.

So are you currently looking at GT 500ā€™s or are you going to SC your GT?
havent fully decided yet. Trying to keep the wife happy and having boost with a warranty is nice haha. But on the flip side I could put a blower on mine, blow the motor, rebuild a stronger one, and still be under the cost of a GT500. Choices...choices haha.

But I am looking at GT500s. Just don't want to make a stupid choice and get raped by a stealership. The only downside is the crazy interest rates so its probably not a great time to buy if i dont need to. But i dont see that changing much in the next few years.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m not a fan of the new S650, but weā€™ll see when its actually released. Its very camaroesque to me. They hit it out of the park with the styling on the 350 and 500.
Ya for sure. And probably why you have both šŸ˜‚

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
havent fully decided yet. Trying to keep the wife happy and having boost with a warranty is nice haha. But on the flip side I could put a blower on mine, blow the motor, rebuild a stronger one, and still be under the cost of a GT500. Choices...choices haha.

But I am looking at GT500s. Just don't want to make a stupid choice and get raped by a stealership. The only downside is the crazy interest rates so its probably not a great time to buy if i dont need to. But i dont see that changing much in the next few years.
Then it sounds like a GT500 isnā€™t for you. Stop blaming dealerships for prices. The market dictates pricing, if people didnā€™t want to pay the freight they wouldnā€™t. And then market would adjust accordingly. Do you complain when they discount cars? No? Ok then, same logic applies for ADM and used prices. If thereā€™s not a lot of them and theyā€™re in high demand, then the prices go up. Itā€™s not difficult to understand

DR_Mach1Yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC 2500, 2022 GT500, 2023 Corvette Z06 !!!
Then it sounds like a GT500 isnā€™t for you. Stop blaming dealerships for prices. The market dictates pricing, if people didnā€™t want to pay the freight they wouldnā€™t. And then market would adjust accordingly. Do you complain when they discount cars? No? Ok then, same logic applies for ADM and used prices. If thereā€™s not a lot of them and theyā€™re in high demand, then the prices go up. Itā€™s not difficult to understand

I agree. And to everyone else if you take offense to this next part, stop being so damn sensitive, but all this complaining about ADM, when you get to the higher niche cars get use to it. I got my Gt500 5k over, C8Z06 I was lucky I got MSRP because how much money I have spent with this dealership, New GTR already asking 10k+ just to get on this list and the Demon 170 No lie I told the guy off on the phone when he called me because the last buyer dropped off when they said it had a 100k mark up so they called the next person who was me and I Told them to kick rocks. Unfortunately we are at a time where sports/muscle cars are coming to an end of an ERA and if you want them your going to have to pay to play.

OP
OP
vaeevictiss

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
lets not pretend dealerships are innocent in all this. They have been downright unethical at times. But that's not what I was saying. My whole point for the thread, is that I just want to make sure I'm not paying a dumb price and getting screwed over. I don't care about the price, I'm asking because pricing is so volatile on these. I've seen exact specced, similar mileage, used GT500s selling from 85k to over 110k. And you're gonna tell me its not dealers inflating the price? Dealers are putting ADMs on kias and toyota camrys...are those "niche" or "enthusiast" vehicles?
Sponsored