N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'm leaving 20-30hp on the table, but it's under warranty for 8yrs/100k (Ford ESP).
No, what I mean is FORD will make it next to impossible to tune.
Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Haha, yup, I've been bit by the bug many, many times :) My wife had to stop me from a 6" lift on my truck (settled for a 2.1" level/front lift). I do have concerns about warranty on the engine, so while under warranty, I'm likely not to do anything "unauthorized." My F150 is still on stock tune and I know I'm leaving 20-30hp on the table, but it's under warranty for 8yrs/100k (Ford ESP).

One thing I do want to do fairly right away is replace the resonator with an H-pipe. That seems to be the way to get the car to sound really damn good without spending a lot.

Hmm, does Ford Performance offer a tune for 6spd cars and does it maintain full warranty support with that tune in place? 19hp is worth it if the price isn't stupid.
I've read with the stick cars it adds 40 lbs of torque down low & you also can add 409 gears the tune I think is about 1100 from levittown Ford.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I've read with the stick cars it adds 40 lbs of torque down low & you also can add 409 gears the tune I think is about 1100 from levittown Ford.
40ft/lbs?! That sounds more like turbo tune numbers, but I'll believe it if they have dyno videos to prove. I know gears will wake the car up. Mine will come w/ 3.55's and the basic LSD (not the Torsen). I'm actually fine w/ the clutch-pack-based LSD, but 3.55's seem rather mild. Car won't be a daily driver.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
40ft/lbs?! That sounds more like turbo tune numbers, but I'll believe it if they have dyno videos to prove.
Just check the FP website.
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B

Ford Performance engineered performance calibration, cold air intake, and performance throttle body, and Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery system for 5.0L Mustang GT
  • Fits 2018-2021 Mustang GT
  • Features enhanced throttle response
  • Ford Performance calibrations feature exclusive Ford proprietary software and engineering
  • Ford Performance calibration is 50 state emissions legal with CARB EO (D-752-18)
  • Calibrations available for manual and automatic transmission
  • Allows gear ratio changes up to 4.09:1
  • Automatic calibrations feature optimized performance shift schedule
  • +42 lb/ft of torque at 2,000 rpm
  • +19 hp at 6,500 rpm
  • +18 lb/ft of torque at 4,500 rpm
  • Premium fuel, 91 octane or higher, is required

dmcg940

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT Premium, 94 Mustang GT
Hi guys,

Ordering a 2022 GT (6spd regular GT w/ black accent package and 301A, Grabber Blue). I'm bummed to read about the 10hp power loss on the coyote. Anyone know *exactly* what they are changing on the engine? Will any of it, most importantly, affect the compatibility with aftermarket parts, such as exhausts, etc? I would assume probably different programming, but I plant to keep it stock for at least 3 years while it's under full warranty, with the exception possibly of exhaust.

Thanks for any input.

-Z

The change is all in the tune, for smog purposes. So anything that involves tuning is going to have to be tweaked for the new models, but that's not uncommon. You will never notice the "missing" 10 hp on the street. 450 will feel an awful lot like 460. I just worry that this is the beginning of the end, like in 1972 when we started to see a downtrend in power ratings that didn't stop for a decade. This has been a real golden era, but it won't last forever.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The change is all in the tune, for smog purposes. So anything that involves tuning is going to have to be tweaked for the new models, but that's not uncommon. You will never notice the "missing" 10 hp on the street. 450 will feel an awful lot like 460. I just worry that this is the beginning of the end, like in 1972 when we started to see a downtrend in power ratings that didn't stop for a decade. This has been a real golden era, but it won't last forever.
I don't have any doubts that we are approaching the end of the "new" muscle-car era. The Challenger/Charger have a couple of more model years and no planned successors. The Camaro will go out and be possibly replaced by an EV version in an as-yet-unknown timeframe. The Mustang lives on, but I feel the V8 will be scaled back and eventually the turbo V6 will be the top engine choice for anything other than a Shelby.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing so on purpose. Honestly, the uncertainty about the next model makes me nervous, and in the past the *final* year of a Mustang body style has always been some of the best and coolest to own. Those who bought a 2005 after the 2004 (New Edge) went out are probably kicking themselves. A New Edge, particularly a Mach1 or Terminator, is so much of a cooler car than the S197.
The Cobras and Mach 1s are cool but a regular new edge? Meh. I'd rather have a Boss 302 than any new edge except a Terminator.

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The Cobras and Mach 1s are cool but a regular new edge? Meh. I'd rather have a Boss 302 than any new edge except a Terminator.
The New Edge Mach 1 wasn't expensive. It was basically an '01 Cobra with a solid axle (instead of IRS), and unique shaker hood, exterior trim, completely different seats/gauges, etc. I love the Mach 1 of that era and would take one ALL DAY LONG over an S197 GT.

Sponsored

#1ford

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium convertble antimatter blue
Vehicle Showcase
I have been looking at pictures online and have seen some pictures of the 2022 with clear tail lights ? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I have been looking at pictures online and have seen some pictures of the 2022 with clear tail lights ? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated?
That's the Ice White Edition................the only way to get clear tails on a US-spec S550

Ice White.jpg

OP
OP
ZeroTX

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That's the Ice White Edition................the only way to get clear tails on a US-spec S550

Ice White.jpg
I believe I read elsewhere that this was only on EcoBoost models, but obviously this is a GT, so *shrug* ... didn't see that on the order/build guide (but got Black Accent Package anyway, I'm sure those cannot be had together).

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I believe I read elsewhere that this was only on EcoBoost models, but obviously this is a GT, so *shrug* ... didn't see that on the order/build guide (but got Black Accent Package anyway, I'm sure those cannot be had together).
Available on both (unless something has changed).

PACKAGES
 New
— Coastal Limited Package (60P) “Late Availability” Ecoboost Premium
— Stealth Package (60Q) Ecoboost Premium
— Ice White Appearance Package (60R) Ecoboost Premium & GT Premium

Coastal Limited Package “Late Availability”
• 19” X 8.5” Machined-face Aluminum with Tarnished Dark-painted Wheels
• Coastal Limited Lighted Sill Plate
• Unique Body Colored Grille
• Pedestal Rear Spoiler
• Side Scoops
• Unique Vinyl Stripe
Note: Not available with 2.3L High Performance Package (67E), EcoBoost® Handling Package (60H), Black Accent Package (60G), Wheel & Stripe Package (60L), Stealth Package (60Q), Ice White Appearance Package (60R), “Over-the-Top” Racing Stripe (47A), Spoiler Delete (13D), or available wheels (64L or 649)
60P O O
Stealth Package
• 19” X 8.5” Ebony Black-painted Aluminum Wheels
• Stealth Lighted Sill Plate
• Black Badge
• Black Pony Grille
• Performance Rear Wing
• Black Mirror Caps
• Clear LED Taillamps with Sequential Turn Signals
Note: Available on Fastback only (P8T)
Note: Not available with 2.3L High Performance Package (67E), EcoBoost® Handling Package (60H), Black Accent Package (60G), Wheel & Stripe Package (60L), Coastal Limited Package (60P), Ice White Appearance Package (60R), “Over-the-Top” Racing Stripe (47A), Spoiler Delete (13D), or available wheels (64L or 649 )
Ice White Appearance Package
• 19” X 9” Machined-Face Aluminum with White-Painted Pockets Wheels
• Ice White Door Trim Panel
• Ice White Instrument Panel
• Ice White Performance Rear Wing
• Oxford White Exterior Paint
• Unique Black Grille with Ice White Front & Rear Pony Badging
• Unique White Leather Seat Trim and White Interior including White Accent Stitching
Note: Available on Fastback only (P8T)
Note: When ordered on 201A: Ice White Door Trim Panel, Ice White Instrument Panel – Metallic, Unique Seat Trim, and White Interior are included
Note: When ordered on 201A, Premier Trim with Color Accent Group – Floor mats are not included
Note: Not available with 2.3L High Performance Package (67E), EcoBoost® Handling Package (60H), Black Accent Package (60G), Wheel & Stripe Package (60L), Coastal Limited Package (60P), Stealth Package (60Q), “Over-the-Top” Racing Stripe (47A), Spoiler Delete (13D ), RECARO® Leather-Trimmed Sport Seats (88S), or available wheels (64L or 649)
For the GT
Free Standing Packages & Options (FSO) (continued)
★Ice White Appearance Package
• 19” X 9” Machined-Face Aluminum with White-Painted Pockets Wheel
• Ice White Door Trim Panel
• Ice White Instrument Panel
• Ice White Performance Rear Wing
• Oxford White Exterior Paint
• Unique Black Grille with Ice White Front & Rear Pony Badging
• Unique White Leather Seat Trim and White Interior including White Accent Stitching
Note: Fastback only (P8C)
Note: When ordered on 401A,: Ice White Door Trim Panel, Ice White Instrument Panel – Metallic, Unique Seat Trim, and White Interior are included
Note: When ordered on 401A, Premier Trim with Color Accent Group – Floor mats are not included
Note: Not Available with GT Performance Package (67G), California Special Package (54C), Black Accent Package (60G), “Over-the-Top” Racing Stripe (47A), Spoiler Delete (13D), RECARO® Leather-Trimmed Sport Seats (88S ), or available wheels (647 or 649)
Sponsored