What would you do......

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I ordered my KB LE way back in May '14. i waited the wait and delays and finally got my car and I haven't stopped grinning ever since.

This past Friday I went for an MRI because my doctor thought my health issues I was having were related to a bad fall I took last year. I went for my nerve study / MRI results and walked out stunned. I have ALS. Prognosis is with how fast my muscles are breaking down i'll be in a wheelchair in about 15-18 months.

My question is this... should I sell the car or keep it and enjoy it for as long as I possibly can before selling it? I guess the responsible thing to do would be to sell it but I know my son would love to have this car someday and someday may come sooner rather than later. What would you do if you were in my shoes?:shrug:
Sponsored

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I'm so sorry to hear this.

I say keep it and enjoy it while you can.

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
Omg I am so sorry!!! Enjoy what you have for as long as you are able...seriously!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Depends upon your income......only you can answer that.
If you can afford it--drive it and then give it to your son.....

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
First of all, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I hope you will get wonderful care. I know a person with ALS since the 90s (friend of the family) and she is still living a good life with the people around her.

The question is, how old is your son? If he is in his late teens to 20's, I'd give it to him. I think it is a wonderful gift from a dad. If he's really young, then who would care for the car in the meanwhile?

Sponsored

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I can afford to keep it and when I finally leave this earth the car is paid off anyways

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
First of all, I'm so sorry to hear this, and I hope you will get wonderful care. I know a person with ALS since the 90s (friend of the family) and she is still living a good life with the people around her.

The question is, how old is your son? If he is in his late teens to 20's, I'd give it to him. I think it is a wonderful gift from a dad. If he's really young, then who would care for the car in the meanwhile?
my son is currently 16 but he honestly is not mature enough to get this car, I figured I had time left to help straighten him out and get him back on the right path. He lives with his mom and she lets him do whatever he wants. i had told him when he gets himself on track and stays that way I would eventually give him the car.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
Can you traded for a Auto LE? The convert so you can enjoy? Sorry if I'm asking the wrong question. I don't know much/everything about ALS

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Can you traded for a Auto LE? The convert so you can enjoy? Sorry if I'm asking the wrong question. I don't know much/everything about ALS
ALS is a terminal disease. how fast is dependent on each persons own body make-up. mine apparently is progressing quickly. I have 3 to 4 years max was the estimated timeframe

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
And really I just seen life flight land here an hour ago to pick up a 10 month old unresponsive baby. And it didn't take back off for 45 minutes empty.

Sponsored

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
ALS is a terminal disease. how fast is dependent on each persons own body make-up. mine apparently is progressing quickly. I have 3 to 4 years max was the estimated timeframe

sorry to hear that, please keep fighting as doctors time frames may be off.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
OP, I'm very sorry to hear that. Enjoy the time and health you have now. I would say keep the car and enjoy it.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
David, my god that is horrible news. I'm sorry to hear, and honestly I don't know what kind of advice I could even begin to give you. Stay strong, and do what feels right to you. Definitely come hang out with us on future events if you're up for it. It's always been a lot of fun talking to you there.

Best of luck, brother.

Disregard the "estimates". I really enjoyed "The Theory of Everything" (Stephen Hawking's life)

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Sorry for the bad news. But honestly. If I were in your situation, I would be very selfish, and buy the last "dream car" I can afford, and drive it and enjoy it for the time you can. Then sell it or give to a loved one.
Sponsored