Sponsored

What would YOU do?

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Should've posted this here initially. So just found out last week that the wife is pregnant for the first time (planned). So I've been thinking I should drop the price range down a bit to give ourselves a little cushion. So the '15 GT might be out of the question. Started looking at '12-'14 GTs as an upgrade to what I have now and found this deal....question is, do y'all think I could walk out the door with an EB for cheaper? I want a GT but wouldn't mind having an EB either. Insurance would drop quite a bit with the EB too. But is this deal for the GT too good to pass up? What would y'all do?

http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...d=false&filtersModified=true#listing=67260759
Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
Though we obviously don't know the pricing yet, I think it's pretty safe to say you won't be getting a '15 5.0 for that price anytime soon. But I would think you could get a '15 EB in that range, and since finances are obviously a big concern, the (presumably) lower insurance rates and better fuel economy should probably be big factors.

If you were stuck on having a V8, the '14 would probably be your best bet, but since you're obviously open to the idea of an EB, that may be a good way to go. There's just so many major improvements to this new car that make it hard to ignore. Plus you know the aftermarket is going to be able to pump up that turbocharged engine pretty easily, so you could probably achieve close-to-V8 performance with some upgrades down the road.

OP
OP

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah so I guess long story short, options are either '15 ecoboost or 12-14 GT. I've always said I would get another turbo charged car after I got rid of my SRT-4. Plus, my GT Now is an auto, and the fun factor of driving it went away some time ago, and I've only had it for 2 years now

OP
OP

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
I wonder if there will be room for the PP if I got an ecoboost. Because if I got a 14 GT it would most likely be strip down. Even better question, how much of a difference in insurance do y'all think there will be between the GT and ecoboost? I know it would be significant because of engine size difference but, would the fact of it still being a two door sports car still make it decently high?

5.0 Coyote

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Baby seats are a pain in the A$$ to get in and out and hooked up,might want to look into a mini van instead of a cramped Mustang. LOL:lol:

Sponsored

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
My local dealer said they are giving almost 10k off the 14 GT's to get rid of them, if you wait a couple more months and find a leftover GT with brembo pack would be a good option. Personally i want the 15 for sure and am considering the EB w/PP or a GT without it but there won't be any rebates or anything on them. Luckily i get employee price though so that will help a little.

OP
OP

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Yeah I can get the x plan with a membership for some veterans program, so I will def be taking full advantage of that. But I never thought about insurance costs until today, and that's gonna be a huge incentive for the ecoboost for me....IF it's gonna be that much cheaper than a GT

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
Yeah I can get the x plan with a membership for some veterans program, so I will def be taking full advantage of that. But I never thought about insurance costs until today, and that's gonna be a huge incentive for the ecoboost for me....IF it's gonna be that much cheaper than a GT
Really not sure on the insurance, you could call and get a quote on 14 GT vs V6 and probably get a rough idea. Fuel savings aren't gonna be that great on the EB either regardless of what the ratings say.

OP
OP

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Oh yeah I know all about the fuel, my SRT was the same way. Especially if I got the EB I would go larger turbo and injectors way later on..I would be right back in the same boat as a 5.0

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
All the best with the baby :)

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Firstly congrats on your expected child.

When is the baby due? If it is due around October or November that is exactly when these will first be getting into those who ordered them and the first few on lots.

You are going to be a very busy man when your child arrives. Either take care of the 2014 before hand or give yourself some time after the baby is born and see what parenting is like to see if you want that 2015 or not. I'd hate to see you buy a 2014 and as soon as baby arrives your wife wants to trade in on an Escape and you are caught losing money on a trade.

Good luck. :)

OP
OP

Darrinm03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT/CS
Ha actually it will be due sometime in October. And she already has a 2012 GMC terrain. Even now whenever we go out and run errands we take the terrain, so that angle is already covered and the mustang upgrade has already been approved by her, just gotta stay below her car payments. Which is about $470 ish. I found a Boss 302 for $33,000 but she shot that down. So $30,000 seems to be my cap

Fox9350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 5.0 GT (former car)
First off if going for a used stang I'd stick to 13-14 just for the badass taillights...not a fan of the 2012 taillights. I know that might sound dumb to some, but just my $.02.

As for choosing that or 15 EB it's a tough call, I need to see 15 in person, if it is as amazing as it looks I might be tempted to go that route.

And congrats on first child, it's awesome....you're lucky you can still get a stang so soon.

Evan Earwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Grandé, 2002 Mustang GT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium
Congratulations with the baby!

I built that exact car on Ford's website, just out of curiosity. The subtotal is $33,725 after delivery but before incentives. Right now Ford has $1,000 off GTs. In reality, you'd be saving about $4,000 over getting that exact GT straight from Ford. Is it a good deal? Yes, definitely. However, seeing as how the EcoBoost engine is going to be an option on the base model S550, I feel as though the EcoBoost will be cheaper out the door. I can't say for sure, though.

Good luck!
Sponsored