Sponsored

What would I lose?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
My '18 GT 301A has my color. I actually prefer the analog gauges. They never turn dark and I can always read them easily. The blue background matches the Lightning Blue quite well.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Carfax only reflects REPORTED accidents. Generally speaking only accidents that show up my default are those with first responders and are determined to be over 1500 in damage (requires a police report which creates the public record that carfax looks for) that said, officers tend to have very optimistic views of what 1500 dollers of damage looks like. I have totaled cars that the officer didn't think had more than 1500. This means carfax won't have record it. An insurance history report would much more reliable at reflecting any accidents.
And any certified car, which a 18+ should be, should have been inspected enough to tell if it has been in an accident. Either way my initial point still stands, this is applicable to ANY pre-owned car.

Thors12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thorsten
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Really?

I normally donā€™t reply on thread like this. Anyone who buys a 2018/2019 GT with a few thousand miles in it and frequents this forum has to have their head examined. Do I really have to explain?

[\QUOTE]

Please do ? Yes there are lemon law cars ( which is documented ) and cars with issues. But that is why you have it inspected and get the ford dealer to pull the service records for you. Pretty easy to do your homework really. If you see repeated service visits for an issue then pretty clear why they got rid of it. I think you are always assuming the worst. I have known folks to ditch their cars for various reasons , too small, ride too rough , second thoughts , etc. just be careful and smart and you will be fine.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Many members here have had engine issues with their vehicles and used lemon laws to get out of those cars. They do not get crushed but are put on sale typically with very low mileage.
True. Ford does reinsert RAV Buy Backs into the inventory pool. HOWEVER, the titles to those vehicles are (and must be, per Federal Govt. Guidelines) clearly marked ā€œLemonā€. Not only is the title branded/marked, Ford must also place a decal in the driver side door jamb, on the B-pillar clearly stating the vehicle was part of a Ford Buy Back process. The Dealership MUST inform any potential buyer that the vehicle is a Lemon as well. Any public advertisement of that vehicle on a Ford lot also must include terminology that the vehicle was a Buy Back or Lemon.

Ford RAV Buy Backs:
If the Lemon vehicle had any of the existing new vehicle warranty remaining, that warranty is null & void. All Ford RAV Buy Backs that are returned to Ford inventory come with an extremely limited 12mo/12k Warranty (whichever occurs first). Be aware that Ford OASIS also has the VIN flagged as a Lemon, it shows the vehicle warranty was voided and that such a vehicle only has a 12/12 warranty.

Carfax only reflects REPORTED accidents. Generally speaking only accidents that show up my default are those with first responders and are determined to be over 1500 in damage (requires a police report which creates the public record that carfax looks for) that said, officers tend to have very optimistic views of what 1500 dollers of damage looks like. I have totaled cars that the officer didn't think had more than 1500. This means carfax won't have record it. An insurance history report would much more reliable at reflecting any accidents.

Not true. CarFax, AutoCheck and any other VIN reporting services will show if any vehicle has been flagged as a Lemon. These reports donā€™t just show ā€œaccidentā€ reports - many of them show a lot more info that was is perceived on internet forums.

ā€”ā€”ā€”
FACT:
If a Ford has gone through the RAV Buy Back process, regardless of miles or condition, that vehicle can NEVER be put on any Ford lot as a ā€œCertifiedā€, ā€œCPOā€ (Certified Pre-Owned) vehicle at all.

ā€”ā€”ā€”

So there ARE plenty of checks and balances in place for Consumers to be made aware of potential Lemon issues.

This thread I had started in the Issues/TSB sub-forum contains a lot of good Lemon info - RAV info as well as many members who have listed their VIN as RAV Buy Backs (for those concerned).

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...or-are-filing-lemon-law-for-their-s550.59015/

Also search my user ID and the words ā€˜RAVā€™ or ā€˜Buy Backā€™ to find a shit ton more true, factual and informative information for those who need it. Iā€™ve helped quite a few folks with the topic.

ā€”ā€”ā€”
Someone buying a low mileage used CPO 2018 or 2019 GT has just as much chance of getting an excellent bargain and a well running vehicle free of issues as a person buying NEW, just as they both have equal opportunity in getting one that might have warranty or mechanical issues, regardless of CPO or brand new.

Last edited:

JCFoster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Vert, 3.15, A6, Magnetic
Having a premium, the only issue I would have with a base unit is the stereo. Granted the shacker system isnā€™t all that great, maybe the B&O is better. With that Iā€™d get a base and spend a little more to get the radio upgraded to what I really wanted.

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but if the ecoboost has the noise cancellation built into the stereo would it be quieter on the road than a GT? If I had to drive a lot, and it was a noticeable difference I may would want the ecoboost with the premium stereo.

Last edited:

Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Really?

I normally donā€™t reply on thread like this. Anyone who buys a 2018/2019 GT with a few thousand miles in it and frequents this forum has to have their head examined. Do I really have to explain?
Not this shit again. Stop trying to blow things out of proportion.

As for going first class being only a nickel. A GT with all the whistles is double the price of the sticker of my obsolete V6. That is 2 V6s for the price of one GT. That is 600,000 nickels. So on the strength of this argument I reject your contention that going first class only costs a nickel...

Having said that: Dear old dad is probably my age and there is some truth there. Just not when it comes to the Mustang. Ford rapes you to get a GT. My Fox body 5.0 cost the same as the V6 I bought. That is given the increases in inflation for the same goods over the years. That is what a GT should cost now. So in that sense he ā€œshouldā€ have been right.
My buddy got his GT Premium brand new for $36k. That's not double of what a v6 costs. But even if it's 16k more, you're getting a lot more power and a much nicer interior, and features found on entry level luxury cars. I don't know why you keep saying that Ford rapes consumers on the GT. Just because you chose not to spend the money doesn't mean it's not a great deal for the amount that you get. I just looked at brand new M4s, and they start at $81,000. For what is essentially a 3 series coupe.

OP
OP

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
buy A used 2018/2019 with < 15k miles on it. You save $$ and then can get premium pack still for less $$. I bought a 2018 fully loaded gt premium conv with perf pack, magneride, etc for 35k. It has 3k miles on it.
Let someone else take the 10-15k hit in depreciation.
Unfortunately that wouldn't work for me as the dealerships around don't every get close to ordering what I want options wise and twister orange isn't available until 2020. Plus how many miles I drive I want to start out with as close to 0 as possible so special order is how I have to go to be happy. I think the order guide give the most complete list of options and what is included in each package so hopefully that comes out soon. I'm interested in what possible 55th anniversary package might be offered as well so that could factor into gt vs ecoboost decision as well.

Right now the only decions made is Twister Orange with black interior and if they make them that will fit Detroit steel wheels painted either twister orange, or possibly magnetic or maybe even orange fury for a little contrast

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Not this shit again. Stop trying to blow things out of proportion.

My buddy got his GT Premium brand new for $36k. That's not double of what a v6 costs. But even if it's 16k more, you're getting a lot more power and a much nicer interior, and features found on entry level luxury cars. I don't know why you keep saying that Ford rapes consumers on the GT. Just because you chose not to spend the money doesn't mean it's not a great deal for the amount that you get. I just looked at brand new M4s, and they start at $81,000. For what is essentially a 3 series coupe.
It is irrelevant..!
Ford does not sell a v6 Mustang.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
Unfortunately that wouldn't work for me as the dealerships around don't every get close to ordering what I want options wise and twister orange isn't available until 2020. Plus how many miles I drive I want to start out with as close to 0 as possible so special order is how I have to go to be happy. I think the order guide give the most complete list of options and what is included in each package so hopefully that comes out soon. I'm interested in what possible 55th anniversary package might be offered as well so that could factor into gt vs ecoboost decision as well.

Right now the only decions made is Twister Orange with black interior and if they make them that will fit Detroit steel wheels painted either twister orange, or possibly magnetic or maybe even orange fury for a little contrast
Well, have you walked into a dealership and asked them to do a search for your specs? That is exactly what I did and there were 2 or 3 in a 300 mile radius and they swapped with another dealership. I got every option i wanted.

Last edited:

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
If you're talking about the adjustable all digital gauge cluster, that's a $2,000 on top of 301A or 401A package. I have heated and cooled seats in my 18 Ram 2500, and I have 301A in my GT. I haven't driven my truck in a while now that's it's been moved to towing duty only, but I don't miss the cooled seats at all, and I'm in Phoenix. At the end of the day, if it's something you're used to, then save up a bit more and get the premium. If you go premium, you're never going to regret having MORE features, but you're going to be kicking yourself if you don't get them and you start to miss them. Or go lightly used and end up paying about the same. Either way, good luck in your search.
Is your company hiring? You have over $100k in vehicle assets. I'm jellyfish.

Also, to OP, cooled seats are more of a gimmick than anything. They should really be called ventilated seats not cooled seats.

Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Well, have you waled into a dealership and asked them to do a search for your specs? That is exactly what I did and there were 2 or 3 in a 300 mile radius and they swapped with another dealership. I got every option i wanted.
You can also do that right from the Ford website - spec out your car, and then you have several options to view current inventory yourself or to have them look for one for you.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Anyone who buys a car, new off a dealer lot needs to have their head examined.
If you mean everyone should only special order instead of buying whatever is on the lot, I agree.

But somehow I don't think that's what you mean to say.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1

Also, to OP, cooled seats are more of a gimmick than anything. They should really be called ventilated seats not cooled seats.
We are hiring. PM if you want info.

Reactions: Ebm

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

The seats in my Mustang certainly are cooled and not a gimmick at all.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
The seats in my Mustang certainly are cooled and not a gimmick at all.
Well, yeah, truth be told, there isn't exactly a vent coming directly off the AC to the seat. It pushes the cabin air, whatever temperature that is, through the seat. Still not a gimmick, still cools my butt (among other bits) off. I'm from Minnesota, but in North Carolina. I'm not here to compete with Texas or AZ heat - but summers here about kill me.
Sponsored