Sponsored

I am Seeking Advise - What Would You Do?

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GT, 2012 Black Golf GTi
Final update I promise. I’ve thought long and hard, and here’s the final outcome.

My dealer was able to change the body type and therefore, it’s gunna be a Fastback California Special in Cyber Orange w/ MagneRide!

I am very happy with this and I won’t change my mind. I finally got what I initially wanted from the beginning.

I want to thank everyone for their advise. And a special thanks to @Bikeman315 for putting up with my indecisiveness.

I can’t wait for August.
Sponsored

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Final update I promise. I’ve thought long and hard, and here’s the final outcome.

My dealer was able to change the body type and therefore, it’s gunna be a Fastback California Special in Cyber Orange w/ MagneRide!

I am very happy with this and I won’t change my mind. I finally got what I initially wanted from the beginning.

I want to thank everyone for their advise. And a special thanks to @Bikeman315 for putting up with my indecisiveness.

I can’t wait for August.
Congrats! You'll love it

Mr. Maboomba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2019 X5 50i, 2019 Ram 2500
My experience is to get what you really want because if you don’t you’ll always be a little unsatisfied.

Is an interstate purchase really that hard in Australia? Enthusiasts here in the US will easily travel 750 miles across state lines to buy just the right car.

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
My experience is to get what you really want because if you don’t you’ll always be a little unsatisfied.

Is an interstate purchase really that hard in Australia? Enthusiasts here in the US will easily travel 750 miles across state lines to buy just the right car.
I agree 100%. Luckily I was able to find it. Should be here in August!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kashawy

Kashawy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Khaled
Vehicle(s)
Six pages and seventy nine posts. OP gets exact what he wanted. PERFECT!!!! :clap:
1648644694480.gif
Jeez! That's a lot of posts. Y'all must be very patient LOL. Slow and steady wins the race. 8 weeks of calling dealers around the country, many disappointments, but I'm finally able to get The One.

2 months ago I came back here asking if I should buy Mustang again, and now in a few months I'll welcome another Orange beast in my garage, and back in my life.

Couldn't have done it without every single one of you.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

I can’t wait for August.
Best choice taken.

Convertibles are nice - but regardless of year and the updated tech/design of modern day convertibles - quirks, leaks, noise and higher maintenance of the top and associated parts can be an annoying pain point to some owners of a true daily driver.

My vehicle ownership has always been a hard top vehicle, aside from the occasional T-top (my prior 86 GT) and multiple sunroof equipped vehicles. I've also been in newer modern day convertibles - even with newer tech being inside one still isn't the same as being inside a rigid hardtop chassis. My own personal experience was that I did want a convertible vehicle, to drop the top on nice days. I have been the owner of a prior 1985 GT vert, a 1991 BMW vert and a Jeep Wrangler soft top, all nice in their own unique ways. But for me - the aforementioned convertible ownership annoyances was enough on a daily driver in all 4-seasons. Tried it, been there, done that, and for ME, convertible ownership won't happen again any time in the future.

Aside from the top concerns, there's window alignment issues as the car ages, door alignment, and many weather seals that wear/tear as the years progress - again in reference to a daily driver.

I believe your choice in a hardtop S550 will be more pleasurable if you plan on driving it more than just on weekends and if your intention is to keep long term.
Sponsored