Sponsored

What would I lose?

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
I currently have a 2015 ecoboost premium with a ton of miles so I'm looking to get a new one. Have thought I would just get another ecoboost premium but now I'm contemplating a gt instead the Gt premium would be out of my price range so I'm wondering what features would I lose getting the regular vs the premium.
Sponsored

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Leather cooled seats. That was the deal maker for me, making me save my shekels until I was ready. Maybe it's different in KC, but once I experienced cooled seats in a buddy's Explorer, I was hooked. I mean, a base model would still rock my world. But as my dad always said, "it only costs a nickel more to go first class." Though the value of a nickel may have changed over the years. ;-)

OP
OP

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Leather cooled seats. That was the deal maker for me, making me save my shekels until I was ready. Maybe it's different in KC, but once I experienced cooled seats in a buddy's Explorer, I was hooked. I mean, a base model would still rock my world. But as my dad always said, "it only costs a nickel more to go first class." Though the value of a nickel may have changed over the years. ;-)
I've rarely used the cooled seats and I have some small tears in the leather getting in and out so leather isn't a necessity for me. It looks like the thing that mostly intrigues me is the new customizable dash/gauges. It looks like if they don't have that option the default is the gauges I currently have. Would those still have the my color?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
You need Premium to get My Color. I haven't found the customizable gauges to be of much use... I'd like to see oil temperature and a CLOCK. But... no.

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I've rarely used the cooled seats and I have some small tears in the leather getting in and out so leather isn't a necessity for me. It looks like the thing that mostly intrigues me is the new customizable dash/gauges. It looks like if they don't have that option the default is the gauges I currently have. Would those still have the my color?
If you're talking about the adjustable all digital gauge cluster, that's a $2,000 on top of 301A or 401A package. I have heated and cooled seats in my 18 Ram 2500, and I have 301A in my GT. I haven't driven my truck in a while now that's it's been moved to towing duty only, but I don't miss the cooled seats at all, and I'm in Phoenix. At the end of the day, if it's something you're used to, then save up a bit more and get the premium. If you go premium, you're never going to regret having MORE features, but you're going to be kicking yourself if you don't get them and you start to miss them. Or go lightly used and end up paying about the same. Either way, good luck in your search.

Sponsored

OP
OP

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
If you're talking about the adjustable all digital gauge cluster, that's a $2,000 on top of 301A or 401A package. I have heated and cooled seats in my 18 Ram 2500, and I have 301A in my GT. I haven't driven my truck in a while now that's it's been moved to towing duty only, but I don't miss the cooled seats at all, and I'm in Phoenix. At the end of the day, if it's something you're used to, then save up a bit more and get the premium. If you go premium, you're never going to regret having MORE features, but you're going to be kicking yourself if you don't get them and you start to miss them. Or go lightly used and end up paying about the same. Either way, good luck in your search.
Premium package is more bells and whistles, might be worth giving some up for extra pistons lol. I'm going to be ordering a 2020 so I can get the color I want. Insurance prices and some number crunching on gas might be the eventual decision maker. I drive 40 miles each way for work 5 days a week. Plus make a trip to st louis every 4 to 6 weeks to go to Blues games during hockey season

Thors12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thorsten
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
buy A used 2018/2019 with < 15k miles on it. You save $$ and then can get premium pack still for less $$. I bought a 2018 fully loaded gt premium conv with perf pack, magneride, etc for 35k. It has 3k miles on it.
Let someone else take the 10-15k hit in depreciation.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
buy A used 2018/2019 with < 15k miles on it. You save $$ and then can get premium pack still for less $$. I bought a 2018 fully loaded gt premium conv with perf pack, magneride, etc for 35k. It has 3k miles on it.
Let someone else take the 10-15k hit in depreciation.

Really?

I normally don’t reply on thread like this. Anyone who buys a 2018/2019 GT with a few thousand miles in it and frequents this forum has to have their head examined. Do I really have to explain?

But as my dad always said, "it only costs a nickel more to go first class.

As for going first class being only a nickel. A GT with all the whistles is double the price of the sticker of my obsolete V6. That is 2 V6s for the price of one GT. That is 600,000 nickels. So on the strength of this argument I reject your contention that going first class only costs a nickel...

Having said that: Dear old dad is probably my age and there is some truth there. Just not when it comes to the Mustang. Ford rapes you to get a GT. My Fox body 5.0 cost the same as the V6 I bought. That is given the increases in inflation for the same goods over the years. That is what a GT should cost now. So in that sense he “should” have been right.

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I normally don’t reply on thread like this. Anyone who buys a 2018/2019 GT with a few thousand miles in it and frequents this forum has to have their head examined. Do I really have to explain?
Please do.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Please do.

Many members here have had engine issues with their vehicles and used lemon laws to get out of those cars. They do not get crushed but are put on sale typically with very low mileage.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
He's trying to imply it must have had engine issues. Which is a flawed theory, and if it's certified/still under warranty you're covered anyway.

Could also have been involved in an accident. Would not buy one of those either...

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Anyone who buys a 2018/2019 GT with a few thousand miles in it and frequents this forum has to have their head examined.
Anyone who buys a car, new off a dealer lot needs to have their head examined.

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
That's what Carfax is for, and that also applies to ANY car.
Carfax only reflects REPORTED accidents. Generally speaking only accidents that show up my default are those with first responders and are determined to be over 1500 in damage (requires a police report which creates the public record that carfax looks for) that said, officers tend to have very optimistic views of what 1500 dollers of damage looks like. I have totaled cars that the officer didn't think had more than 1500. This means carfax won't have record it. An insurance history report would much more reliable at reflecting any accidents.
Sponsored