MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Ok, I want to understand this because my gf used the same logic about driving in traffic when at first she wasn't considering a manual pickup. I drive in traffic all the time and having to push the clutch pedal now and then hardly enters my conscious mind. What is it about the manual that you don't like in traffic? You said your Acura was a boring appliance, and you want to replace with another un-involving appliance with more power?

Please don't take this the wrong way, maybe I come across like I'm a dick but I promise I'm a very nice guy that just wants to know stuff.
You dick, quit hassling the man!

:D

1) I finally got in a touch of traffic (and a line for a massive Christmas display) with my GTPP, and it was so easy to creep along with just the clutch - I even have my CAS pulled so it's a bit more effort, but zero complaints. I don't DD so maybe it would eventually get old, but the fun factor is so high with the manual + PP.

For that matter, when I would occasionally drive my Supra to work downtown, the fun of getting to drive it definitely negated the manual hassle, and that car at one point had an HKS triple plate clutch (my left leg had like 10lbs more muscle mass than my right :D)

B) Beautiful GT350 :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Ok, I want to understand this because my gf used the same logic about driving in traffic when at first she wasn't considering a manual pickup. I drive in traffic all the time and having to push the clutch pedal now and then hardly enters my conscious mind. What is it about the manual that you don't like in traffic? You said your Acura was a boring appliance, and you want to replace with another un-involving appliance with more power?

Please don't take this the wrong way, maybe I come across like I'm a dick but I promise I'm a very nice guy that just wants to know stuff.
I see your point!

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Okay, so if you're now considering an auto, then your lineup is shaping up similar to my car. Auto vs PP is an important decision. I don't want this thread to turn into auto vs manual, BUT the auto does have a couple extra features such as remote start, drive mode shift points and rev-match downshifts, plus it is impossible to make a mistake that would hurt it or the engine.

Having said that, on to the seats. From this forum you could learn that you and your wife should try both standard and Recaro seats for size and convenience, and Premier Trim vs standard for looks and comfort.

PT seats and interior have softer leather and in my case the driver seat was more comfortable in my upper back.

Some of the big fellers here claim it is difficult to achieve proper comfort in the Recaros, while others had no problem. So go try those again with this in mind.

Finally, giving up manual trans and PP for choosing auto is no big deal IMO, because then the door swings wide open to pick and choose from among many DIY suspension parts out there. That is my plan, plus we get to choose any wheel/tire we want, too. More $$, but then you build the perfect car for you.

The 401a system is reported to sound better, but it is still expensive for what it is. The stock system is very bass shy, and has some harshness to the sound. If you think you can DIY a better audio system yourself, then save the $1800 for it.

One more tidbit. If you think you might like a rear spoiler, there are now several to choose from. Most install on top of the trunk (Roush on the back edge). This is not a trivial decision. E.g. if you wanted the Roush, then be sure to order Spoiler Delete so you won't be left with holes on top of your trunk. If you wanted a Foose (among others), then choose factory spoiler, because the Foose will use the original holes.

Shibby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If you have a $50,000 budget and are willing to have a manual performance package GT for a daily driver, I'd opt for a GT350 with no options if you can find one for sticker and your wife can live without heated and cooled power seats.

If you're sold on the GT, I'd highly recommend getting the Premier Trim package, as it's well worth the price, although it really should be standard on the Premium trim.
if you can find one for sticker
Well, there's the problem haha. If a base gt350 w no options was sold for sticker I'd probably trade in my GTPP next year.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Well, there's the problem haha. If a base gt350 w no options was sold for sticker I'd probably trade in my GTPP next year.
The problem is that the GT350 I like is $60K.........

I know that they are not the same car, but for $60K, I could get ATS-v and have a backseat!

Sponsored

Mercedestech77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
16 DIB GT PP
Thanks for all the feedback. I went and drove one yesterday, and I hate to admit it, but I think I want and auto trans.The problem is, can't get the PP with an auto. Thinking of a Pony and upgrading the sway bars. It gives me 19"wheels, the strut brace, but stripes I don't want.

Not sure what to do about the brakes....
Since your budget is 50k why don"t you find an auto 50th LE car? Then you get the seats, auto, and performance package.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Since your budget is 50k why don"t you find an auto 50th LE car? Then you get the seats, auto, and performance package.
I did a search for one on Ford's website and did not find one that was priced realistically. I think a few dealers are betting on the future or, don't really want to sell the car.

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
The problem is that the GT350 I like is $60K.........

I know that they are not the same car, but for $60K, I could get ATS-v and have a backseat!
You'd be crazy to pay $60k for a base gt350, it's just under $50k after gas guzzler tax

DanDglassman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Deep Impact Blue
I didn't see mention of two other options:

1. spare tire
2. Rear park assist ($295) [includes blind spot and cross traffic] I find this very helpful as the side mirrors are small and the camera only sees so far to the side. This is most useful in the parking lot.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I didn't see mention of two other options:

1. spare tire
2. Rear park assist ($295) [includes blind spot and cross traffic] I find this very helpful as the side mirrors are small and the camera only sees so far to the side. This is most useful in the parking lot.
Mustang does need bigger side mirrors. Visibility is best of (muscle car) breed, but bigger side mirrors is better. Porsche 911 has huge side mirrors. Or at least the one I looked at. A used model at a Benz dealership.

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Thanks all! I ordered it Yesterday. Nothing like what I started with. Decided that as a DD, that an auto would be better. So that killed the PP.

Ordered GT Premium, California Special Package (PP spliter, strut brace and 19" wheels), nav, 401A, Race Red.

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Congrats on pulling the trigger! Let the waiting begin :cheers:
Sponsored