What to buy: GT Prem. PP or C6 Z06

OP
OP

djeayzonne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 prius, 2010 ford escape
It's not meant to be an "extensive" test. It's simply meant to be the driving impressions from a car enthusiast who has driven many different vehicles.

Personally, I like him as a car "reviewer." Yes, he's quirky, but he speaks well and fluently and gets his facts straight. He has a great appreciation for sports cars and maintains a positive attitude. Much better than the overly-critical "critic" if you know what I mean.

Overall, I think it's a valuable perspective from someone who has driven just about everything. And I also thought it was fitting based on the OP's consideration of a GS over the Z06.

Yeah, thanks for that video. Definitely informative.
The guys over on the vette forum suggested getting a GS though as that engine is a better platform, suspension stuff is the same, and tuning the car to produce the same power as the Z06 wouldn't be that hard. A GS might even still have some warranty left.

I will just have to find some cars to try out once the weather is decent!
Sponsored

justindo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
You really need to drive a C6 and a C7 before making a decision. That should tell you everything you need to know.

I was ready to buy a C7 Z51 until I drove one. It's an amazing automobile that will leave the Mustang GT in the dust at the strip or at the track, but one test drive and I realized it was just not practical enough and a little too hardcore for what I was looking for. As a track toy, I'd buy a Corvette without hesitation, but as a daily driver the Mustang is a lot better choice. Still, it seems you're not really looking for a driver and so if you do decide to go for the Corvette, I'd highly recommend a new C7 with the Z51 package and the magnetic ride control. The 427 is a sweet engine, but the C7 is a much better car all around.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Drabon,

Interesting. Please let me ask as I am considering the same thing: Why order a new Mustang and eat the depreciation with the intent of getting something better in just a few years??
I was driving a 335i, then sold it and drove a 4runner for 10 months and when my wife got a new 4 runner i wanted a new car and did not want to wait any longer. The only reason i got the 4runner is because there was no car out at that time i wanted, it held me over till the Mustang came out. I had 16k equity in the 4runner. To be where i wanted to be price wise, ill likely go 1-2 year old on a C7 or GT350, or maybe a M4. My second choice this go round was a used Lexus Is-F or used M3.
Sponsored