Sponsored

What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
Thanks, I'll have to go back and decipher the thread. Most of if seems to be debating on if it is possible or not.

This makes me ask a few more questions:

1. Would Magneride be easier to retrofit given it was mentioned there is some shared wiring harness? I was told wiring would be a huge part of adding Magneride.
  2. Does the B&O share the same connection there or is it different?
  3. This seems like it would result in a 10 speaker setup. What would be the other two speakers that are missing
Oh, I had another thought, could this be there from having active exhaust?

This connecter is empty so it’s not from active exhaust, no clue on the magnaride or the b&o to be honest, my thoughts are the b&o would work those as wiring looks the same, the 12 speaker vs 9 speaker is bogus, the other 2 speakers are just tweeters on the rear deck lid speakers, so I really don’t count that as 12 in my book so basically even the shaker only has 10 speaker locations
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
That exact connector might not be used for active exhaust, but that wiring harness may contain the active exhaust wires that just go to a different connector. It was a thought I had previously. Like I said earlier, there has to be a reason to run all those extra wires. Ford probably made it simple and either has a bare bones harness they run to the trunk. Or they run the full harness. It depends on options. Active exhaust, magneride, etc. could be the deciding factor.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s very true mine has active exhaust does you guys have active exhaust as well???

QUOTE="BrianH87, post: 2311868, member: 35088"]That exact connector might not be used for active exhaust, but that wiring harness may contain the active exhaust wires that just go to a different connector. It was a thought I had previously. Like I said earlier, there has to be a reason to run all those extra wires. Ford probably made it simple and either has a bare bones harness they run to the trunk. Or they run the full harness. It depends on options. Active exhaust, magneride, etc. could be the deciding factor.[/QUOTE]

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I think active exhaust is probably the key.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Manual Magnetic GT Premium w/401a, Performance Pack and Active Exhaust
I just checked my trunk this weekend and I also have the proper connector. I've got a 2018 GT, 401a with performance pack and active exhaust. No magneride. Active exhaust might just be the common denominator.

Where are you guys buying your subs from?

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
So if I was reading past pages correctly is there no need to do any speaker upgrades?
I got it now, thanks. I know very little about audio. I actually did some more research on the rear deck speakers. Something to ask you. It seems as the coax speakers, in the rear deck on the shaker pro, are 2 ohm speakers. Mine (and most likely yours) are 4 ohm on the 9 speaker system. Since we are adding the shaker pro amp up front, is there any concern here? Are we going to over or under power the rear deck, since the amp was meant for 2 ohm speakers? Or am I just over analyzing all this?
Is that because the SP rear deck is considered 2 speakers (2 Ohm + 2 Ohm)? So it might be fine??

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my speaker from ford

No there is no reason to change the rear deck lid speakers

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think active exhaust is probably the key.
Yep, so far everyone that has the blue connector has active exhaust.

So if I was reading past pages correctly is there no need to do any speaker upgrades?

Is that because the SP rear deck is considered 2 speakers (2 Ohm + 2 Ohm)? So it might be fine??
That very well could be true. As I stated earlier, I'm not a sound guy. It was a concern of mine initially, but as Robert said, it doesn't seem to matter one bit. From what I've gathered, when going from a 4 ohm to 2 ohm speaker, with all other variables being constant, the radio volume levels would change. And they didn't one bit. The system just sounds better now. And with some bass!

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I think I'm in! Just have to find the sub and brackets now.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Cool, thanks a bunch for all your work on this! I do indeed have the extra sub harness in the trunk.

The only thing confusing is there are a bunch of different part numbers for shaker amps. There is FR3T-18T806-CP, FR3T-18T806-BS, FR3T-18T806-CN, etc... The first set of numbers are all the same, but the last two letters are different. They all claim to be shaker amps. ??? I'll just get the same one as you. We know that one works.
Cool, thanks a bunch for all your work on this! I do indeed have the extra sub harness in the trunk.

The only thing confusing is there are a bunch of different part numbers for shaker amps. There is FR3T-18T806-CP, FR3T-18T806-BS, FR3T-18T806-CN, etc... The first set of numbers are all the same, but the last two letters are different. They all claim to be shaker amps. ??? I'll just get the same one as you. We know that one works.
I just ordered a CN version. They seemed a little bit more expensive.

Are these amps or DSPs? Listings all call them amps.

Can I run this without the sub in place if it takes a while to find one?

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Where did you guys order the connector harness? The shipping is more than the part. I'll check my dealer tomorrow.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ordered a CN version. They seemed a little bit more expensive.

Are these amps or DSPs? Listings all call them amps.

Can I run this without the sub in place if it takes a while to find one?
Dont quote me, but I believe they are DSPs. You should be ok running this without the sub. Its not going to hurt anything.

Where did you guys order the connector harness? The shipping is more than the part. I'll check my dealer tomorrow.
I got mine locally from the dealer. $13 is what they charged. Took 3 days to get.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Online the shipping is more than that.
Hey everyone I'm new here. Since some 18's may be wired for it. I have a mint condition shaker pro sub with the bracket(complete assembly) that im looking to get rid off someone pm if interested.
I set a PM yesterday.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I'm just having a hard time locating the subwoofer. There is one on ebay but for way more than you guys paid.

Perhaps the active exhaust trick is out.

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
So is there like a guide with pictures on how to do this yet? I really wanna do it to my 16 GT with the 9 speaker system.
Sponsored