Sponsored

What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
My base model 18 does not have the connector, so there must be a requirement of at least a certain trim level to have the harness. I ran all of the wires from the DSP and power from the BCM back to the trunk area myself for about $50 (pins for the connectors included). My BCM already had a fuse for the sub installed. Running the wiring is fairly easy (compared to running wiring in my F150) and only took me a few hours.

I tried editing the AsBuilt of my DSP to enable the sub but it does look like there needs to be a hardware swap involved there.
Exactly what I have posted previously... :) there has to be a common denominator as to why some 2018’s w/9spkr system have the (40) pin connector and some do not...it has to be included with a certain body harness due X-chosen or ordered Equipment Group.

Is it only found in GT’s?

—-

@nerdh3rd - can you post any additional details, part numbers or pics of what is needed for the harness you built and how you ran it front to back in your 2018?
Sponsored

dcs550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DeAngelo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium w/Performance Pack
Hey everyone I'm new here. Since some 18's may be wired for it. I have a mint condition shaker pro sub with the bracket(complete assembly) that im looking to get rid off someone pm if interested. But I'm curious about the 2ohm vs 4ohm with the premium vs the shaker sound system. My lower door speakers and rear deck speakers are 2 ohm from the factory. What could happen if replaced with 4 ohm aftermarket speakers.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Hey everyone I'm new here. Since some 18's may be wired for it. I have a mint condition shaker pro sub with the bracket(complete assembly) that im looking to get rid off someone pm if interested. But I'm curious about the 2ohm vs 4ohm with the premium vs the shaker sound system. My lower door speakers and rear deck speakers are 2 ohm from the factory. What could happen if replaced with 4 ohm aftermarket speakers.
I was wondering the same thing. I mentioned it a few pages back. Shaker pro systems seem to include 2 ohm speakers. While 9 speaker systems seem to have 4 ohm speakers. There has to be some difference in the dsp.

eddison

For those that don't have the connector in the trunk and want to run wiring from the front back to the trunk:
Components needed:
- 3 different colors of 22 AWG stranded wire, 25 feet each (or 75 feet of one color if you can label your wires and know what each is for)
- 1 spool of 14 AWG for the power from BCM, 25 feet
- 5 feet of 14 AWG for ground wire and crimp on ring terminal
- 3-4 terminals, Ford P/N DU2Z-14474-AA, terminal WT-1000. You are probably better of to buy a pack of 5 of these; they are fairly inexpensive
- 1 terminal, Ford P/N EU2Z-14474-AA, terminal WT-1009. Verify from your Dealer or whereever you order from if you are buying a single terminal, of pack of 5. This terminal can be expensive, so make sure you only get one and don't pay for a pack of 5 if you don't need to.
-WPT667 pigtail, or JR3Z-14A411-C (subwoofer connector) that Robert found. The JR3Z-14A411-C harness is much cheaper, and you can just snip the wires and cut the connector that does not go to the subwoofer off.

I've attached the overall diagram for the DSP/BCM to amp wiring, as well as connector views for pinning the BCM and DSP connector. I ran the power wire from the BCM straight back on the passenger side to the trunk, and ran the DSP wires down the drivers side until I got to the rear seat, and then ran them over to the passenger side to meet up with the BCM wire, along the same path that the harness under the rear seat takes.

For the audio + and audio - wires from the DSP, I twisted those and wrapped them with foil to aid with interference. I also purchased a 25 foot spool of picture frame hanging wire from my local Lowes to run from pin 3 on the DSP and twisted that in with the audio + and audio - wires so it was as close to factory as possible. This required 4 terminals for the DSP connector - audio +, audio -, sub enable, and the pin 3 wire.

For ground off of the C4109A subwoofer connector, I just ran a 5 foot piece of 14 AWG wire with a ring connector crimped on the end along the lower trunk rear area near the trunk release. You will see a grounding point near that area to hook the ring connector up to.
C2280C-Pins1.JPG
C2385B-Pins.JPG
C4109A-Pins.JPG

Attachments

Sponsored

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
After taking with a hextails550 he says the ecoboost cars use a different dsp module as they have fake engine sound so maybe that’s why the ecoboost is different who knows, I’m wandering if ford just used what they had early on

QUOTE="nerdh3rd, post: 2308454, member: 26132"]For those that don't have the connector in the trunk and want to run wiring from the front back to the trunk:
Components needed:
- 3 different colors of 22 AWG stranded wire, 25 feet each (or 75 feet of one color if you can label your wires and know what each is for)
- 1 spool of 14 AWG for the power from BCM, 25 feet
- 5 feet of 14 AWG for ground wire and crimp on ring terminal
- 3-4 terminals, Ford P/N DU2Z-14474-AA, terminal WT-1000. You are probably better of to buy a pack of 5 of these; they are fairly inexpensive
- 1 terminal, Ford P/N EU2Z-14474-AA, terminal WT-1009. Verify from your Dealer or whereever you order from if you are buying a single terminal, of pack of 5. This terminal can be expensive, so make sure you only get one and don't pay for a pack of 5 if you don't need to.
-WPT667 pigtail, or JR3Z-14A411-C (subwoofer connector) that Robert found. The JR3Z-14A411-C harness is much cheaper, and you can just snip the wires and cut the connector that does not go to the subwoofer off.

I've attached the overall diagram for the DSP/BCM to amp wiring, as well as connector views for pinning the BCM and DSP connector. I ran the power wire from the BCM straight back on the passenger side to the trunk, and ran the DSP wires down the drivers side until I got to the rear seat, and then ran them over to the passenger side to meet up with the BCM wire, along the same path that the harness under the rear seat takes.

For the audio + and audio - wires from the DSP, I twisted those and wrapped them with foil to aid with interference. I also purchased a 25 foot spool of picture frame hanging wire from my local Lowes to run from pin 3 on the DSP and twisted that in with the audio + and audio - wires so it was as close to factory as possible. This required 4 terminals for the DSP connector - audio +, audio -, sub enable, and the pin 3 wire.

For ground off of the C4109A subwoofer connector, I just ran a 5 foot piece of 14 AWG wire with a ring connector crimped on the end along the lower trunk rear area near the trunk release. You will see a grounding point near that area to hook the ring connector up to.
C2280C-Pins1.JPG
C2385B-Pins.JPG
C4109A-Pins.JPG
[/QUOTE]

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got everything installed last night except for the DSP module. I ran out of daylight and was too tired to continue. The hardest part of adding the sub is cutting the darn carpet. It wouldn't be so bad, but the extra padding makes cutting tough. I followed a picture of a factory shaker carpet car. Hoping to get the DSP installed later today. I hope this works!

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I cut out the bare minimum but agreed it was a pain I’ll go ahead and help u on the dsp module bottom 2 bolts are 10 and top side bolt is a 8 u gotta wiggle it around and up to get the bracket to unclip
D72A98E6-E940-4A8D-A1B2-B79C601FBE9C.jpeg
74AF34EE-5049-4EC4-A206-07D798DB4151.jpeg
1F3724CC-1F31-4737-B0CD-B277DA802FE9.jpeg

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I cut out the bare minimum but agreed it was a pain I’ll go ahead and help u on the dsp module bottom 2 bolts are 10 and top side bolt is a 8 u gotta wiggle it around and up to get the bracket to unclip
D72A98E6-E940-4A8D-A1B2-B79C601FBE9C.jpeg
74AF34EE-5049-4EC4-A206-07D798DB4151.jpeg
1F3724CC-1F31-4737-B0CD-B277DA802FE9.jpeg
All finished up. Thanks for the tips. The DSP was a little bit challenging to remove. That metal bracket is like a razor! I'm just glad I have an auto and didn't have a clutch pedal in the way. Anyhow, the project was a success! Thanks a bunch to Robert for finding this all out. This was one of the best bang for the buck mods I've done.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How much is the correct DSP module?

Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How much is the correct DSP module?
I think I paid around $30-40 for the DSP. They can be found all over ebay. Funny thing is the shaker dsp did not seem to cost any more than a standard dsp. Be careful that you get the right one. Look at the part number sticker. There are bunch that end in BP, BT, BN, etc... From what I gathered, those are the standard ones. You want one that ends in CP, CN, etc... Robert and I both got ones ending with CP. So we know that dsp works 100%.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct there is take offs pretty cheap on eBay

All finished up. Thanks for the tips. The DSP was a little bit challenging to remove. That metal bracket is like a razor! I'm just glad I have an auto and didn't have a clutch pedal in the way. Anyhow, the project was a success! Thanks a bunch to Robert for finding this all out. This was one of the best bang for the buck mods I've done.[/Q
I think I paid around $30-40 for the DSP. They can be found all over ebay. Funny thing is the shaker dsp did not seem to cost any more than a standard dsp. Be careful that you get the right one. Look at the part number sticker. There are bunch that end in BP, BT, BN, etc... From what I gathered, those are the standard ones. You want one that ends in CP, CN, etc... Robert and I both got ones ending with CP. So we know that dsp works 100%.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
2018 GT 401A and no magneride here. Sticker has 2/20/2018 date. Do I have the connector? I think the photo posted upside down.
20180729_212351.jpg

Last edited:

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Yeap the bottom connecter with the blue onnit
Thanks, I'll have to go back and decipher the thread. Most of if seems to be debating on if it is possible or not.

This makes me ask a few more questions:

1. Would Magneride be easier to retrofit given it was mentioned there is some shared wiring harness? I was told wiring would be a huge part of adding Magneride.
  2. Does the B&O share the same connection there or is it different?
  3. This seems like it would result in a 10 speaker setup. What would be the other two speakers that are missing
Oh, I had another thought, could this be there from having active exhaust?
Sponsored