Sponsored

What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Hello all!
Sorry to revive an old thread. I’m kinda confused on what parts I need.
I have a 2018 GT Premium and I took this picture from the pins behind trunk panels on passenger side. From my understanding, having the blue socket here means if I buy the OEM Shaker Pro subwoofer and one required cable to connect to the harness, I should be good to go. Am I correct?
What’s the part number of the harness I need and do I need to do a FORScan or I should be good to go?
I was able to find the subwoofer below for sale, seller says it’s good for years 15-18, does this work with my car?
Also, do I need to cut and remove part of the trunk’s padding trim where I will be installing the subwoofer? Is there a guide on how to install and make it secure?
IMG_2194.jpeg

IMG_2193.jpeg
Sponsored

Dans18GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
That sub should work.
You will need to get the DSP from a 12 speaker car and replace yours. It's located in the driver's footwell.
You do need to cut holes in the carpet for the mounting points.

The part numbers for the DSP and wiring harness you need are listed earlier in this thread. I believe there is a picture of the cutouts as well.

I didn't change anything with forscan and it works ok.

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
That sub should work.
You will need to get the DSP from a 12 speaker car and replace yours. It's located in the driver's footwell.
You do need to cut holes in the carpet for the mounting points.

The part numbers for the DSP and wiring harness you need are listed earlier in this thread. I believe there is a picture of the cutouts as well.

I didn't change anything with forscan and it works ok.
Thank you!

FR3T-18T806-CP
This is the DSP I need?

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I have found a subwoofer with part number below: I believe this fits my 2018? FR3T19A067AC.

also found different amps, which one of these works with my setup? Or only the FR3T works?
KR3T-18T806-CF
HR3T-18T806-AB

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Also found this one:
FR3T-18T806-BS

sorry I’m very confused by the amp part numbers. Is there a method to see which one works?

Sponsored

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Got a 22 Premium and was thinking of doing this, finding the current speakers lacking. Was wondering if anyone in this thread also did a speaker replacement and added the sub and if they were happy with the results?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Got a 22 Premium and was thinking of doing this, finding the current speakers lacking. Was wondering if anyone in this thread also did a speaker replacement and added the sub and if they were happy with the results?
There’s literally multiple posts in this sub forum on this very subject.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
Agree with E on this...a few of us have tackled this problem on other threads in this forum (with pics!). Depending on budget, time, and expectations, the stereo can sound pretty, pretty good.

Applied Carbon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
There’s literally multiple posts in this sub forum on this very subject.
Agree with E on this...a few of us have tackled this problem on other threads in this forum (with pics!). Depending on budget, time, and expectations, the stereo can sound pretty, pretty good.
You guys are right, was being super lazy in this fairly long thread. My bad

Rooz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
Is the subwoofer frame (metal part that attaches the subwoofer to the car) compatible between 2015-2017 and 2018-2023 years?
Sponsored