Sponsored

What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
My 18 has the connector..... the wires for the sub are there.... my question is.... do they have a signal on them now? right now my LOC is off my rear speakers...If i were to put my LOC on the sub + and - wires at this plug... will i get a signal?
U need the shaker front dsp module and then it gets a signal
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Really would love to know exactly what all these pins are actually used for. Anyone have access to factory diagrams? Is it true that some of them are used for Magneride? (I dont have magneride).

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes per the diagrams that connecter is magnaride and the sub plus when u buy the harness that plugs into it that’s the 2 options

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
On the 2018 Mustangs, I think we need to find the common denominator that results in some owners having the 40-pin connector and why others do not have that connector.

Is it only found in a 2018 if the car was equipped with Magneride and the 9spkr system?

I don’t have Magneride with my 2018 Premium EB w/Performance Package, but I have the 9spkr system.

—-

Robert,

Do you know (or anyone else for that matter) if the 2018 harness from the front amp to the trunk is available separately or is that tied into ANOTHER body harness?

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car does not have magna ride and I believe it’s part of the main harness.

But hextails550 said he may build the harness 100-125 which I would to have it factory is worth it’s wait in gold in my book

So far there is no relationship to which 18s have the connecter or not

QUOTE="Cobra Jet, post: 2307203, member: 13960"]On the 2018 Mustangs, I think we need to find the common denominator that results in some owners having the 40-pin connector and why others do not have that connector.

Is it only found in a 2018 if the car was equipped with Magneride and the 9spkr system?

I don’t have Magneride with my 2018 Premium EB w/Performance Package, but I have the 9spkr system.

—-

Robert,

Do you know (or anyone else for that matter) if the 2018 harness from the front amp to the trunk is available separately or is that tied into ANOTHER body harness?[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. No Magneride and 9 speaker. But my blue connector is wired for both the Magneride and the sub apparently.

Yes per the diagrams that connecter is magnaride and the sub plus when u buy the harness that plugs into it that’s the 2 options
So you're saying JR3Z-14A411-C is the harness we have to buy, but only has wiring for the sub. And there is another part number that has the sub wiring and the magneride wiring?

if that's the case, someone with magneride should definitely have the blue plug. We need more 18 owners to check out their trunks.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My DSP / Amp and sub should be here tomorrow. Just waiting on the harness, which is supposed to arrive on Thursday.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My DSP / Amp and sub should be here tomorrow. Just waiting on the harness, which is supposed to arrive on Thursday.[/QUOTE

Nice sounds like yours is a go yea I’m pretty certain mine only had wiring for sub only like 5 or 6 wires total

eddison

My base model 18 does not have the connector, so there must be a requirement of at least a certain trim level to have the harness. I ran all of the wires from the DSP and power from the BCM back to the trunk area myself for about $50 (pins for the connectors included). My BCM already had a fuse for the sub installed. Running the wiring is fairly easy (compared to running wiring in my F150) and only took me a few hours.

I tried editing the AsBuilt of my DSP to enable the sub but it does look like there needs to be a hardware swap involved there.

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
U need the dsp module from a 12 speaker car

My base model 18 does not have the connector, so there must be a requirement of at least a certain trim level to have the harness. I ran all of the wires from the DSP and power from the BCM back to the trunk area myself for about $50 (pins for the connectors included). My BCM already had a fuse for the sub installed. Running the wiring is fairly easy (compared to running wiring in my F150) and only took me a few hours.

I tried editing the AsBuilt of my DSP to enable the sub but it does look like there needs to be a hardware swap involved there.

Sponsored

eddison

U need the dsp module from a 12 speaker car
Yep, ordering one now. Surprising that the DSP module allows writing the AsBuilt values to enable the sub enable signal if the hardware can't support it.

eddison

Nice we’re did u find the info as that matches my shaker dsp setting
Looked up the VIN of an 18 that came stock with the Shaker and plugged that into the Motorcraft AsBuilt site. I figured I might get lucky and the hardware was there but the bits just needed to be enabled, but that does not look to be the case. I also verified that there is a "Midrange" DSP and "Branded" DSP - the branded units are the ones that have the part numbers you provided as Shaker DSPs. Guessing they are probably very similar, but the Midrange units are missing traces on the circuit board or something like that.
Sponsored