Sponsored

What tire shine do you use?

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I use Armor All Extreme Tire Foam. The foaming action does a good job of getting any residual brake dust off, and it leaves a good shine (the non-Extreme tire form is not shiny at all). The can says to just spray it and let it sit, but I feel like I'd use half a can to get an even coat (maybe that's the idea to get you to buy more). I spray each tire first so the foam has some time to sit, and then spread it and work it in with a towel. Plus it's under $5 at Wal-mart.

7477001_extreme_tire_foam_1.jpg
Once I tried a more premium product, there was no going back. You might find that with Armor All and the like, tires will get a brown haze on them after a while.
Sponsored

dman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt pp lightning
Once I tried a more premium product, there was no going back. You might find that with Armor All and the like, tires will get a brown haze on them after a while.
a lot of people mention the 'browning" of tire sidewalls. some say dirt, tire products etc. Michelin says it is a chemical which leaches through the sidewall rubber, especially with sun exposure. not always easy to eliminate but I've had good results with Meguiar's #40 rubber treatment. dman

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I use Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner followed by Adam's Tire Armor most of the time now, before that I was using Chemical Guys VRP, and various stuff from Griots and Meguiars. Also for the exterior plastic trim I've found that Car Guys Plastic Restorer is by far the best and longest lasting stuff after using just about every other product on the market.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Not intended to hijack but, wheel cleaner w/no wipe?

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Friend of mine years ago on his '66 Chevelle used Orange Crush soft drink.
Kept his tires really shiny...........

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Croftgate

https://www.croftgateusa.com/

Doesn’t leave a “shine” or “gel’d” look, doesn’t spin off as soon as you start to roll away, doesn’t splatter all over the exterior and best of all doesn’t attract any dust onto the tire surface compounding dirt accumulation for the next wash.

It makes the tire darker in color so there is contrast against the body, but gives it a more natural look to the surface so it’s not sloppy wet looking.

Last edited:

Jakester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Ecoboost Premium | Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
If you like a great glossy shine look, I use the Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel, looks great!
Not a great picture, but here's an example of what it can look like.
20190512_133825.jpg

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Another fan of Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel.

IMG-1280.jpg

Gyeon Q2 for comparison.

f.jpg

IMG-2685.jpg

I have also trialed Auto Glym but it has a strong tendency to sling. Looks and smells good though.

IMG-E2060.jpg

IMG_E2064.jpg

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
My biggest issue with Megs Endurance Gel is it's a PITA to apply with a tire applicator as it just soaks right in and is grabby when trying to spread. With my Chemical Guys VRP, I can do all 4 tires in the same time it'll take me to do 2 with Megs Endurance Gel. I washed my car a few days ago and applied both to each side because I knew we had rain coming and wanted to see which holds up better. They both were gone after driving in the rain, as expected. Since I can get Meguiar's super cheap, I may just continue with it and apply it with a different applicator that doesn't allow it to soak in.

However, I am going to try a tire coating next time Autogeek has their 25% off/free shipping deal.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Meguiar's D17001 Hyper Dressing

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Chemical Guys. It gives a good shine without having that “wet” look. And it’s dry to the touch minutes after application
3DF3A42B-55EC-4B2D-8A44-5079ABBB2B47.jpeg
BE80DDBC-91E7-4A63-B5AF-E1AB5AD6E95A.jpeg

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i like satin finish ive been using meguiars natural shine for platic and rubber , or griot's garage stain tire spray works really good dries to the touch and no slimmy residue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I tried Meg's Hot Shine aerosol on my truck and was pleasantly surprised, turned them dark black with a very slight sheen and it seemed to dry quick. I live on a dirt road so oily or greasy is not good. I also cut a cardboard disc to fit up against the tire and it minimized overspray on the wheels, I need to do the same for the GT.

I have used No Touch Tire Care and it works pretty good but I prefer the Meg's Hot Shine.
Sponsored