What do you use?

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
Looking into buying some better products for my car. It needs a wax job so what products are you guys using for black / dark colors. Also saw in a few posts people talking about autogeek.net for products. Trying to put together a nice kit to get started. Thanks!
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I use Blackfire Wet Diamond for my sealant. After trying CG Butter Wet Wax and Adams Americana (got in a Mystery Box) I'm kinda eh on waxes right now. Will probably try Collinite 845 at some point. Most people seem to love it.

AlyourPal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Griot's one step paint sealant is pretty good, I don't even wax anymore.

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Make sure you clay bar the car before you wax it!

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
I use the zaino product line, it lasts nearly forever. First time through takes some time but everything after goes faster and faster.

Clay bar is key for a first time deep cleaning. It makes the paint like glass.

Sponsored

RubyRed216

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ruby Red
I was going back and forth between a couple of different brands decided to give Adams Polishes a shot based on some the recommendations in the forums on this site. Was really impressed with how easy their stuff was to use as some waxes take forever to buff off. I used their clay bar with detail spray, paint sealant, brilliant glaze, and Americana wax. Loved the results. They also have videos for their products which help a lot too.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The lowered cost and ease of use with modern ceramic coatings mean waxes and sealants are nearly obsolete. The only time I wax anymore is to put a coat over a proper coating to soften it a bit.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I've pretty much gone waterless. I use waterless wash and wax. Meguiars makes a good one. I'll still wash with water a few times a year.

Bluedream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT DIB premium pp, 2017 Focus RS
iron x then clay. then wolfgang sealant wih colinite 845 applied afew days later. i do it once a year car still looks good 6 months later.

Sponsored
OP
OP
iGovernment

iGovernment

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP A10
I've pretty much gone waterless. I use waterless wash and wax. Meguiars makes a good one. I'll still wash with water a few times a year.
Waterless seem risky, but I have not tried it yet...

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I use P21S wax on my magnetic paint and it really makes the metallic pop. For a sealant I use Jetseal 109. It's easy on/off and lasts a pretty long time. I used 2 coats of sealant back in November in preparation for winter and water still beads on it now. With dark colors the key is minimizing swirls, so invest in quality microfiber and avoid automatic car washes like the plague.

MustangGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 401A 6M Ruby Red
I've gone waterless also with the Meguiars product. Tested it out on my daily driver Toyota first for a couple of washes. Worked great and now use it on the Mustang. Recommend having a good protectant on the car first as a base before using the waterless wash. The Mustang does not get super filthy as its not a DD. I would wash with water if it were to get that grimy.
Sponsored