Sponsored

A tire shine I don't hate

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
Every tire shine i've tried i absolutely hated. most oil based made a huge mess and just attracted dirt. I stumbled across this on your tube from ChrisFix's review and I had to try it:

https://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T...70334915&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+wax+jet+black

I just put 2 coats on, AMAZING look. This pic was taken about 2 hours after I put it on, i'll update in a week or so. it's suppose to last like 3-4+ months. we will see....
IMG_1513.JPG
Sponsored

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
looks real good

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i use eagle one gel in the blue bottle, its satin and lasts for weeks , stays clean and i only wash my car with soap like 2 times a month, rest of the time i just rinse and shammy her ... gotta love c quartz

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
I have been using that Turtle Wax on my tires for years. My cars are garaged when parked and one application has lasted over 6 months. You can find it at Walmart and most auto stores.:cheers:

BoostedCanadianPoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Antoine
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard EB PP base
Nice man, I just got the same kit, looking forward to using it

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
I tried it in January this year, it worked well for 2 months. I still have some left so I will reapply and see if it lasts longer this time.

rj67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP Competition Orange
Vehicle Showcase
Recently converted to Adams Super VRT. No sling, not greasy (goes on almost dry!) and leaves a nice dark look.

CorryBasler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
https://www.amazon.com/Armor-All-77960-Extreme-Shine/dp/B000FOJSHW

been using this stuff, leaves tires shinny for several weeks and then just a deep black after that. I apply a new coat around once a month.

I live on a short (couple hundred feet) gravel road and no dust sticks to it either since it doesn't leave a film or greesy mess. Nothing flings up off them either since it dries in minutes.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
A friend of mine told me about the Turtle Wax JB tire coat at a car meet one night. I picked up a box shortly thereafter and it's the only product I use now.

It doesn't leave a super glossy shine for me, but rather, it's like a semi-gloss new tire kind of look. I love it. It will last me for about 3-4 weeks, goes on very easily, dries super quickly, and doesn't sling down the side of the car.

As long as Turtle Wax is making this product, I won't be using anything else!

Sponsored

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
added to wish list

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I use Meguiar's Endurance gel. It's hit and miss on how long it lasts, but I love the look. The first application it's pretty glossy, which looks sweet against my PP black wheels. But, the heavy gloss is gone in a couple days and keeps a nice slightly shiny, clean and black tire look. It doesn't attract dirt. At the moment it's been about 2 weeks and the tires still look good. That's about as long as I've got it to last. As long as it's looking good I don't wash the tires or spray them directly. I just wash the wheels and whatever water hits the tires is fine. When they start to fade (tires look much dirtier with black wheels) I go ahead and hit them with Bleche White and a brush, then dry and a new application of gel.

The stuff may last longer under different conditions, but I drive my car every day (even in the rain unless it's freshly washed and forecast calls for high percentage of rain for multiple days) and have a 70 mile round trip commute. It's also kept outside day to day unless I don't plan on driving it for a few days, in which case I swap it out with my truck for some carport time. If it was garaged nightly, staying out of water, pollen, road dust, etc, it would probably last at least 4 weeks.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I just realized you werent looking for a new shine. just posting one you found. i'd be blown away if that lasts more than a few weeks. how can the stuff not wash off after multiple months when the tire is getting sprayed via car washing regularly?

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
It sprays on from an aerosol can. It forms like a clear coat paint on your tires. It works:headbang:

willyms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
303 protectant works great also. Makes my tires black again without the oily/greasy effect.
Sponsored