Sponsored

What do you use to clean the steering wheel?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Mine is starting to show the white haze from the oil on our hands. What do u guys use to clean it and how often?
Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Assuming this is the stock leather wheel, I use Chemical Guy's interior cleaner. If its really caked on, I'd use a nylon brush. I also wash my car and interior pretty often.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Mother VLR. Or, a rag with simple green or equivalent. I have even used hand wipes. They work well.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
No, man... no. NEVER condition the leather on your steering wheel/shift knob/any other touch points as this is a matter of safety. It is also colossally dumb, like brain damaged squirrel levels of stupidity. JFC do not listen to this person!

Correct product:

http://www.detailedimage.com/Einszett-1Z-M46/Cockpit-Premium-P471/500-ml-S1/

Spray liberally on a microfiber rag, wrap around the wheel, clean in a twisting motion until satisfied. That's it, nothing more... UV protection, cleaning, no moron-level greasy shit on your hands when you try to drive.

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hmm.. it appears you also believe the manufacturers marketing claims as gospel, that's a bad idea.

And I agree on using the right product, I suggested it. :)

I've been testing products for various manufacturers for over a decade, months and years before production. I've been detailing high end vehicles for a decade more. There's not a better product out now or within 18 months for this purpose than what I suggested in my vast knowledge and experience. It's safer than steam, even. Using a leather conditioner on the steering wheel as a final step is not smart, recommended, etc. it's top coated leather anyway, so it isn't like there is really a point at all besides adding artificial shine and greasing the wheel.

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Honestly, any cleaner will do. The leather on the steering wheel is topcoated so no need to use a dedicated leather cleaner or conditioner. Just use a bit of soapy water and wipe it off.

Personally, I just use a microfiber with water on it and wipe it down every 3-4 weeks.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
I stopped using product on the interior unless it's leather. I just wipe it down with a damp cloth once a while.
Sponsored