Sponsored

Tire shine

Tempyy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT PP
I've been using tire shine for a while now, just a simple question about it. I get some overspray on my wheels and I try to clean it off as best I can but does the tire shine damage the paint on the wheels in the long run? Or since there's obviously going to be over spray it's safe? Thanks
Sponsored

Stangman21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2016 Premium
I've been using tire shine for a while now, just a simple question about it. I get some overspray on my wheels and I try to clean it off as best I can but does the tire shine damage the paint on the wheels in the long run? Or since there's obviously going to be over spray it's safe? Thanks
It really depends on what brand your using. I personally only use Adams Polishes products because overall they are better than anything you buy off the counter at Target, Walmart, etc.

Safer and less damaging chemicals for your car.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
I use a water based tire dressing. No issues with it damaging paint or tires. Optimum opt-bond

Lukasha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Blue Dream
I use Meguiar's Endurance Gel. No overspray.

picture.jpg

Jeff

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
How long does it actually last on a DD? I see the ad's say weeks, but that's a little hard to believe that they don't pick up road dust...

Also how is it applied? Microfiber?

Sponsored

Lukasha

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Blue Dream
How long does it actually last on a DD? I see the ad's say weeks, but that's a little hard to believe that they don't pick up road dust...

Also how is it applied? Microfiber?
I just use a tire application sponge I got from Autozone. Unfortunately the weather in Texas here lately has been rainy, rainy, rainy, so I can't really give you a realistic estimate of how long it lasts, but I have seen it last easily a week and still be super shiny.

Jeff

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Spray on applicator of your choice then apply to tires. No over spray.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
careful with that Meguiars endurance shit, it will stain lighter color wheels (not an issue in your case) and it also leaves a film on paint, it was the only product I no longer use and dont have the issue any more, so it had to be that.

Im presently using Chemical Guys Silk Shine, it is amazing! its water based, does no damage to wheels or body work

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
careful with that Meguiars endurance shit, it will stain lighter color wheels (not an issue in your case) and it also leaves a film on paint, it was the only product I no longer use and dont have the issue any more, so it had to be that.

Im presently using Chemical Guys Silk Shine, it is amazing! its water based, does no damage to wheels or body work
Water based FTW! Doesn't last as long, but won't damage anything.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
If you want the best look and longest lasting, there is nothing in the same league as Tuf Shine. But its not a dressing and its not cheap.

The amount of total effort is the same as a dressing but it is very front loaded. It can take hours to do a car. Its easy to put the Tuf Shine on but VERY difficult and time consuming to get the tire clean enough, at least the first time. I do it when I'm rotating tires since its easier with them off the car.

Its a clear coat for tires. I know, I didn't believe it either until I got it. I mean how can a clear coat stick to a flexing sidewall without cracking?

One coat gives virtually no shine, which is my preference. To me it looks bad to have tires that look shiny but just away from the tread.

If you like shine, additional coats give whatever amount of shine you want.

The stuff lasts for a good 6 months. You just rinse the tires off.

Sponsored

Matt In The Hat

Hook 'Em
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP