Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It's kind of understandable. The Ford Performance set wheels are not replicas, they're identical as confirmed by FP "they are factory mounted Mach 1 HP wheels". Same colour, same look, same weight. They are not forged, possibly flow formed, but most probably just cast due to their high weight.

But your price is fine for such a nice set of wheels and tyres.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah FP cut the knees out from anyone trying to flip their new HP wheels. I guess it's one way for Ford to get rid of massive inventory.

The problem with this forum is it's way too easy to overlook which section you're in.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I'd be thankful if I were looking at buying something and somebody else told me I could get the same thing cheaper or from a better shop elsewhere. That thing is helpful to everybody but the seller trying to off-load something that may or may not be overpriced.

The McD/BK analogy makes no sense because it's not the same burger, not the same seating, not the same service, not the same other things available, not the same anything. Except they're both called burgers.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There are no rights on a private forum.
100%. And might I add……….

There are no rights on the Internet, period……..But there are plenty of wrongs and this is one of them. Mike has every “right” to be pissed.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
I'd be thankful if I were looking at buying something and somebody else told me I could get the same thing cheaper or from a better shop elsewhere. That thing is helpful to everybody but the seller trying to off-load something that may or may not be overpriced.
Time and place Michael, time and place. There is already a thread with info on these FP wheels. A members classified is “not” the place.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
It's a dick move, plain and simple.

Does it really have to be mentioned in the rules?

Also, caveat emptor. If some sap is about to pay 3X the price of something that didn't do any research, that is on them. Keep your damn mouth shut.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Here's how I look at it - and I'm a member on many forums, not just the new pop ups like this site, but been on some since 97-98.. let's call them the "originals" that have set the path for sites like this one.

When I come across someone's classified ad and IF that asking price is higher than I can pay for the same part NEW, I pass over it - without a comment.

HOWEVER, if a Ralph Mouth posts a "hey FYI...." in a Seller's ad the same part is available NEW for a lesser price than being asked for the USED or TAKE OFF part, that is their choosing. It's kind of like going to a garage sale or swap meet and someone has a 10 year old TV and wants $300 for it - why pay $300 for a 10yr old TV when you can buy a brand new one for $300 (or less depending on brand/size etc).....

Some of you have to see it from both angles - there is a high possibility that a seller didn't research asking price OR was not aware that the same part NEW is now available elsewhere for less.

Now I have seen the "heckling" by some or the back and forth banter on many forums from the person who posted the FYI about a "high price", when they continue to belittle the seller or others in the thread and shit up the entire classified ad - yea, that's not right at all.

Also not many who post know there is a way to delete their previously posted comment IF it was offensive or out of line. So if a person posted "my bad", it's their way of saying they "got it"made a mistake and prob don't know how to go back and delete a prior post. Speculative assumption, BUT could be valid.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the top reasons why we have forums... Looking here is a part of our research on where to buy something cheaper (nobody wants to spend more than they should) Sorry, that I did not buy your set for $3,5K with Cup2 tires I would need to sell and got brand new wheels with caps and sensors for $1K ;)

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the top reasons why we have forums... Looking here is a part of our research on where to buy something cheaper (nobody wants to spend more than they should) Sorry, that I did not buy your set for $3,5K with Cup2 tires I would need to sell and got brand new wheels with caps and sensors for $1K ;)
don't worry I would have bought the cup2 tires off you for a grand. :)

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
OK so this is basically a combination of venting some frustration, and a request for some common courtesy.

I posted a set of Mach 1 wheels and tires in the classifieds. Someone posted in my thread that the wheels could be purchased for a low price from a certain seller, whereupon another member posted thanks, he purchased from the other seller. So I requested that the member delete their post, and all that happened was they posted “my bad”. This is like walking into McDonalds and telling customers they can buy hamburgers cheaper at Burger King. If you feel the need to do everyone’s shopping for them, that’s one thing, but to do it right in my thread, that’s just effing rude.

So I deleted everything I could and started a new thread, and damned if someone else didn’t do the same thing! But this person deleted their post and apologized, good guy.
I know you're mad. I would be too. But look at the average owner of a Mustang and it all makes sense why this situation happened. A few words come to mind to describe the average Mustang owner.

Arrogant, douchebag, dangerous, stupid... I could go on. And these words aren't mutually exclusive either. :giggle:

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Just want to shed some light on the situation because I was the second "douchebag" to comment on the ad about the wheel being sold for less elsewhere.

Truthfully, I did not mean any disrespect nor was I trying to scare away potential buyers. The seller making a sale does not affect my pockets in any way or provide any value to my life. I understand everybody is not online keeping up with new product releases and price changes so if I see something that looks like it may be priced a bit too high, I sometimes reach out through a pm. I agree, I dont think its right to direct a potential buyer to another ad within the same forum. The only times I do is comparing items to what they cost new from dealer or company but not private sales.

I admit, I shouldn't have commented on the ad and if anything, should've pm'd. I do that not for buyers, but to help the seller move the product instead of it just sitting and them wondering why. For example, we all know the GT350 manifold used to go for near $1k a couple years ago, but now you can get it for around $550 new from dealer. I saw a guy on FB selling for $800 because thats what he initially paid for it. He appreciated the heads up and dropped the price and ended up selling his manifold within a couple hours without people coming at him and telling him how crazy his price is. Also, if he had offers for 450 and declined because he was selling for $800, Im sure he would've reconsidered them. You can say it the responsibility of the buyer/seller to research prices (which is true) but damn I'm sure we all would appreciate some help along this journey of life. If you decline the help, then so be it and all is well.

At the end of the day we are all sitting behind a keyboard and will probably never meet 98% of the members on here. Not everything we disagree with is intended to be offensive (transmission and reception dont always line up so well). I reached out to Mike (OP) shortly after he deleted his ad and apologized because 1)I should've reached out privately and 2)I realized they are manufactured differently . He understood I didnt intend to be offensive and it seems like all is well.

Good luck to him on the sale and everybody have a great Thursday!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Just want to shed some light on the situation because I was the second "douchebag" to comment on the ad about the wheel being sold for less elsewhere.

Truthfully, I did not mean any disrespect nor was I trying to scare away potential buyers. The seller making a sale does not affect my pockets in any way or provide any value to my life. I understand everybody is not online keeping up with new product releases and price changes so if I see something that looks like it may be priced a bit too high, I sometimes reach out through a pm. I agree, I dont think its right to direct a potential buyer to another ad within the same forum. The only times I do is comparing items to what they cost new from dealer or company but not private sales.

I admit, I shouldn't have commented on the ad and if anything, should've pm'd. I do that not for buyers, but to help the seller move the product instead of it just sitting and them wondering why. For example, we all know the GT350 manifold used to go for near $1k a couple years ago, but now you can get it for around $550 new from dealer. I saw a guy on FB selling for $800 because thats what he initially paid for it. He appreciated the heads up and dropped the price and ended up selling his manifold within a couple hours without people coming at him and telling him how crazy his price is. Also, if he had offers for 450 and declined because he was selling for $800, Im sure he would've reconsidered them. You can say it the responsibility of the buyer/seller to research prices (which is true) but damn I'm sure we all would appreciate some help along this journey of life. If you decline the help, then so be it and all is well.

At the end of the day we are all sitting behind a keyboard and will probably never meet 98% of the members on here. Not everything we disagree with is intended to be offensive (transmission and reception dont always line up so well). I reached out to Mike (OP) shortly after he deleted his ad and apologized because 1)I should've reached out privately and 2)I realized they are manufactured differently . He understood I didnt intend to be offensive and it seems like all is well.

Good luck to him on the sale and everybody have a great Thursday!
1634219996686.gif

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
FWIW...

FP wheels & TPMS for $1000 plus PA sales tax = $1060.
Tires plus tax = $2120.
Mount & balance = $100.
That's assuming you get free shipping on the wheels.
Total cost = $3,280.
I have the set listed for $3,200 now after originally listing them at $3,500.

Hopefully at the end of the day this thread just raised a little awareness, and we can all have a virtual beer together and move on.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This post is targeted at me. I think it's a dick move to ask $3500 for a set of takeoff wheels and rip off our community members. This platform is meant for information sharing and providing insights to one another. I simply noted to a member that the wheels alone are selling for $1000. I'm sorry if that offended you but there are three other threads here noting the same thing.

You can list it for $6000 for all I care, there's a buyer at every price. But it's childish to make a thread about helping other members and you acting butt hurt because I "took away" your sale. No one was paying that price. When pp2 takeoffs came out, which were very sough out, the most I saw was $2500 with tires.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.