Sponsored

What exact components make up PPKG1

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Velocity Blue Mustang GT 10 Speed Auto Base Model (light weight baby)
Hello!

Just wondering if I wanted to upgrade my Mustang, what suspension pack or additional components makeup Fords exact OEM PPKG1 on the GT Mustang +2018 besides the brembo brakes and 3:55 gears... :) Now I had read about the suspension being factory tuned... how can I have a tuned suspension if I'm just slapping on these components? Thanks!
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Front 6 piston calipers and larger brake rotors front sway bar, struts, shocks, springs, front lower k brace, strut tower brace, lower control arms, larger radiator, lower belly pan, front splitter, rear toe links, wheels, tires, mode toggle, and I think a traction toggle. I think that is the list

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Front 6 piston calipers and larger brake rotors front sway bar, struts, shocks, springs, front lower k brace, strut tower brace, lower control arms, larger radiator, lower belly pan, front splitter, rear toe links, wheels, tires, mode toggle, and I think a traction toggle. I think that is the list
Wow! More than I anticipated :)

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
We have a member that did a complete base to pp1 upgrade. his name is Canyon Ed. Look him up because he may have a lot of the pieces you need.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think there's a few build-your-own-PP1-from-base things I doubt he was able to do. They involve EPAS, ABS and stability control tuning.

Norm

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
+torsen diff and calibrations Norm mentioned.

OP
OP
Nightshifter

Nightshifter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
Man... looks like I'll just get a Mach 1 next year :)

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Man... looks like I'll just get a Mach 1 next year :)
Yes. Don't waste your time/money with PP1 upgrades. Go straight to 350R upgrades at a minimum.

AMC401V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 2000 Excursion - 1987 Swift DB2
So if I already have a 2020 PP1 car and just want the car lowered then I really just need springs as opposed to a full kit? Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your reply

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would buy struts, shocks and springs.and I you go any more then a 1" drop up front I would get a bump steer kit as well.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the suspension being factory tuned... how can I have a tuned suspension if I'm just slapping on these components?
don't waste your time. Bilstein B6 or FRPP track shocks paired with BMR SP083 spring set. If you're going to do HPDE then get the 6-pot brembo parts. If you're gonna get serious about HPDE then forget the PP1 radiator and get the CSF or Fluidyne unit (from Steeda). This also assumes you've got at minimum the basic 'stop-the-hop' kit parts and optionally replaced various bonded rubber bits with spherical bearings and Poly-Eurothane (eg. Whiteline) parts.

To get a proper car is going to cost around 1500-2500 in parts. Add labor.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Imo the aftermarket has better options for most things than the PP stuff. Imo the best things about the PP are the extra braces, the brakes and the ecu tweaks for less nanny intervention. Most of the rest of it can be done better aftermarket

mandopatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Is that front lower k brace similar to the Steeda/BMR subframe/k braces? Don't think I've ever seen a pic of one so no idea how it actually looks or works.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So if I already have a 2020 PP1 car and just want the car lowered then I really just need springs as opposed to a full kit? Is that correct?

Thanks in advance for your reply
I have a 2015 PP1 and went with these as they are part of the FP Street Handling Pack which is essentially a PP1 Package. I think the stance is perfect and there seems to be less of the PP bounce. They take a bit to settle, so when first put on the stance is still a little high.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5300-X
Sponsored