Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ErikNymanPhotography.com
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt Premium Performance Pack
I drive 240km a day for work...so right now it's 87 from esso.

When I flash my tune for weekends, I am a big fan of Petro Ultra 94.

When I go to BC...it's always Chevron 94

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I alternate between a tank of 87 and a tank of 91.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Husky 94. Since that's the only available pump 94 in Manitoba.

Sponsored

Nerds 2 You

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nerds2you.ca
First Name
Claudio
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang GT Coupe, 2018 Mustang GT PP
I usually fill with 91 Octane since the advertised power from Ford is noted that 91 octane is required to get that power. When I go to the track I have a 94 octane tune that I load.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I only use 91 octane. Mostly from shell but recently I have started using Husky. Is there any difference between the two? The reason I do it is because the price at the husky gas station is almost always 15 cents or more cheaper than the shell.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I only use 91 octane. Mostly from shell but recently I have started using Husky. Is there any difference between the two? The reason I do it is because the price at the husky gas station is almost always 15 cents or more cheaper than the shell.
If Canada is like the US, in 99.99% of the country, they both come from the same pipeline from a refinery du jour. Brand additives get added after taken from the pipeline. So additives will be different but octane should be the same. Since pipelines carry different things at different times, there is some unusable around transitions. Don't know if true, but I've heard big names insist on using what is absolutely pure while lessor brands sometimes buy the first of what's considered okay because its cheaper. If true, fuel from those brands will be less consistent.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If Canada is like the US, in 99.99% of the country, they both come from the same pipeline from a refinery du jour. Brand additives get added after taken from the pipeline. So additives will be different but octane should be the same. Since pipelines carry different things at different times, there is some unusable around transitions. Don't know if true, but I've heard big names insist on using what is absolutely pure while lessor brands sometimes buy the first of what's considered okay because its cheaper. If true, fuel from those brands will be less consistent.
Do you think that its that true even if we are to use the premium grade fuel from non shell distributors? I would imagine that lessor brands may have subpar regular gas but premium fuel should be the same nah?

Sponsored

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
Shell 91 doesn't have ethanol. Not sure about Husky, but many others do contain ethanol.

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
Try and use Shell 91 but if there isn't one around then I'll use Petro 94. Is the Esso 93 any good?

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Shell, then Esso then Petro-Can in that order. I really prefer Shell though.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
For me, Petro-Canada 94 is far superior as far as what I’m seeing for timing. Followed very closely with Esso / Mobil 93. Shell 91 is knock city unfortunately. Just not enough octane to satisfy my tune.

Petro-Can 94 has 10% ethanol. Esso/Mobil 93 and Shell 91 both have 0 ethanol.

Unfortunately where I live, Shell is all over place and local. Esso and Mobil are as well, but they only have 91 and no 93. 93 is basically in the metro Toronto area with a few other stations here and there. Guelph at the 401, Acton and Mount Forest believe it or not. I’ve talked to the Mobil owner in Fergus and they’ve told me since they opened the new station 3 years ago they’re getting it (BS). It’s a shipping / distribution thing from my understanding. Petro-Canada is in Guelph about 25 minutes from me. For me and my set up, it’s completely worth it to drive to Guelph for Petro-Canada 94. Even though I have to pass 5 different Esso and Shell stations to get there.

I still don’t understand the thinking of station owners in Fergus where there are several Esso and Mobil stations that 1 of them can’t get the 93! They would make a killing! I don’t know anyone that would pass up the 93 (94) to get Shell 91 instead. At least no one I know that puts performance ahead of cost etc.

No local Petro-Canada stations which is rare. Guelph Waterloo and Elmira.

Of course, your mileage may vary and your needs could be different. But that’s my lengthy take on this for my car’s needs.

HeelToeHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT PP, 05 focus st
For me, Petro-Canada 94 is far superior as far as what I’m seeing for timing. Followed very closely with Esso / Mobil 93. Shell 91 is knock city unfortunately. Just not enough octane to satisfy my tune.

Petro-Can 94 has 10% ethanol. Esso/Mobil 93 and Shell 91 both have 0 ethanol.

Unfortunately where I live, Shell is all over place and local. Esso and Mobil are as well, but they only have 91 and no 93. 93 is basically in the metro Toronto area with a few other stations here and there. Guelph at the 401, Acton and Mount Forest believe it or not. I’ve talked to the Mobil owner in Fergus and they’ve told me since they opened the new station 3 years ago they’re getting it (BS). It’s a shipping / distribution thing from my understanding. Petro-Canada is in Guelph about 25 minutes from me. For me and my set up, it’s completely worth it to drive to Guelph for Petro-Canada 94. Even though I have to pass 5 different Esso and Shell stations to get there.

I still don’t understand the thinking of station owners in Fergus where there are several Esso and Mobil stations that 1 of them can’t get the 93! They would make a killing! I don’t know anyone that would pass up the 93 (94) to get Shell 91 instead. At least no one I know that puts performance ahead of cost etc.

No local Petro-Canada stations which is rare. Guelph Waterloo and Elmira.

Of course, your mileage may vary and your needs could be different. But that’s my lengthy take on this for my car’s needs.
I have the power pack 2 on mine and it runs like trash on anything but 94
Sponsored